AxlisOld

The General Chat/Random Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Skeeter said:

The good and the bad. 

Finished eating dinner last night and the waitress told us our bill was paid by another customer.  They left a note that said “Because we never saw you on your phones and we never heard your kids - dinner is on us. Thank you. “ The Bill was probably about $80, so that was a nice gift from a stranger. 

Reminds me of the time a few years ago when a friend and I were waiting on a drug deal so we went into the local pizzeria to get something to drink and shoot the shit. A bunch of people were in there and every single one of them had a phone in their face. I started being more observant and basically this was the case everywhere, including situations where people would be more social in a pre-smartphone world. It blew my mind every time.

I notice it all the time now of course. I'm so glad the world wasn't like this in our youth.

The place it really puzzles me is an amusement park. 

I feel as if I spend enough time on the internet as is. I don't feel the need to be online when I am out in public. The worst is when people pass you their phone and expect you to scroll through all the stupid pictures they've taken. Sorry, but I don't give a fuck about your stupid pictures.

1 hour ago, MIA said:

Reminds me of the time a few years ago when a friend and I were waiting on a drug deal so we went into the local pizzeria to get something to drink and shoot the shit. A bunch of people were in there and every single one of them had a phone in their face. I started being more observant and basically this was the case everywhere, including situations where people would be more social in a pre-smartphone world. It blew my mind every time.

I notice it all the time now of course. I'm so glad the world wasn't like this in our youth.

The place it really puzzles me is an amusement park. 

Here's how I see it......the cell phone is essentially a modern version of a book.

If you are alone, Nobody would say a bad word if you see a dude eating lunch and reading a book.

But when you are with other people?  If you were at lunch with four friends, would you pull out a book and start reading it?

What I find disturbing and sad is when parents are on their phones when they are at their children's activities. Go to a little league game and half the parents are on their phones. Go to a playground and 3/4 of the parents aren't watching their kids and instead have their eyes glued to their phone.

Maybe it's just a personal thing. But I'd much rather watch my kids playing and having fun rather than checking up on Facebook or Instagram.  And a smaller side aspect is safety.  When you watch your kid you see if they are in danger, if they are doing something wrong, if they are about to get hurt, etc. Last summer there were 5-6 times when I saved little random kids from getting hurt - kid hanging off the top of a slide, smaller kid being picked on by bigger kid, kid stuck on top of a high monkey bars and about to fall, etc. I was able to walk over and help the kid......meanwhile, their parent was clueless about what happened because they were glued to their cellphones.

MIA - I agree with you though. It was enjoyable to hang out with friends and actually talk to the people in the room.

1 hour ago, AxlisOld said:

I'd have given 80 bucks to not get stung. Fuck wasps. Fuck them in the worst way possible.

This was my first time getting stung by one.  Apparently I got off lucky. We have these huge ass red ones that live in the ground. So if you have flip flops or sandals on and you step on their little hole, they'll crawl up and sting your foot and they hurt 10 times more than other wasp stings.

Really the only thing I hate about living in the hot country is all the wasps, yellow jackets, hornets and spiders. We have a ton of wolf spiders here, ugly and fast and they bite.

2 hours ago, Skeeter said:

This was my first time getting stung by one.  Apparently I got off lucky. We have these huge ass red ones that live in the ground. So if you have flip flops or sandals on and you step on their little hole, they'll crawl up and sting your foot and they hurt 10 times more than other wasp stings.

Really the only thing I hate about living in the hot country is all the wasps, yellow jackets, hornets and spiders. We have a ton of wolf spiders here, ugly and fast and they bite.

Those wasps sound like mud daubers. Fuckers.

Wolf Spiders won't fuck with you unless you step on them or something. You might be mistaking them for Hobo Spiders. They look almost identical to a Wolf but they're assholes. Crazy thing about a Wolf is they carry the babies on their back, so they'll fall off a small ledge and explode into a 1,000 little shkts that bolt off in every direction.

That's nothing. We got these dirty bastards here that love to lurk in dark alleyways and outside shops and near bus stops. 

Most of the time you can ignore them and they'll go away but some of them carry a nasty sting called a syringe and will threaten to stab you with it unless you give them a few euro for the bus. 

Funny thing is, I've never seen one on a bus in my life. 

1 hour ago, Facekicker said:

That's nothing. We got these dirty bastards here that love to lurk in dark alleyways and outside shops and near bus stops. 

Most of the time you can ignore them and they'll go away but some of them carry a nasty sting called a syringe and will threaten to stab you with it unless you give them a few euro for the bus. 

Funny thing is, I've never seen one on a bus in my life. 

You live in Georgia? 

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

i had a wasp get caught in my shirt and sting my neck a good 7 times in quick succession before buzzing off

eradicate the cocksuckers as far as i'm concerned

Holy shit, that’s terrible. I will be thinking about that now every time I go outside. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

i had a wasp get caught in my shirt and sting my neck a good 7 times in quick succession before buzzing off

eradicate the cocksuckers as far as i'm concerned

Similar thing happened to a young Salsh when I was taking the Borski family dog for a walk.  I put on a jacket and could feel a prickliness in the sleeve, thought there was something sharp in there, kept patting at it.  When I got home and took the jacket off a wasp flew out and I’d been stung about 15 times.  Striped bastard.

When I was 16 I was a life guard and one of the those fuckers flew up the leg of my bathing suit and stabbed me as close to the dick as they could without actually stabbing me in the dick. Only time I’ve been stung. They caught me off guard while I was ironically on guard. Not sure if it was a wasp or a bee but kill ‘em all.

6 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

When I was 16 I was a life guard and one of the those fuckers flew up the leg of my bathing suit and stabbed me as close to the dick as they could without actually stabbing me in the dick. Only time I’ve been stung. They caught me off guard while I was ironically on guard. Not sure if it was a wasp or a bee but kill ‘em all.

Oh man. 

The thought of getting 7-8 stings on your cock....the pain would be life changing. 

2 hours ago, magisme said:

Fuck off. No it's not. Clean that shit up for the good of your kid.

I'm with Arnold. Lying to your kid about some fatass bringing them presents and crushing them with the truth when they're older is an asshole move at best. All it is is about spending money on shit nobody really needs. Not even Jebus' birthday if you want to go the religious route. The whole damn thing is nonsense. That being said, I still contribute like a good little idiot and buy things for those I care about, so I'm definitely a part of the problem.

4 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I hate Christmas. It is a holiday for rich people. 

I buy my own presents - that way you get exactly what you want or need. The wife likes it because she doesn’t have to go out and shop. I just ordered some killer night vision binoculars and a couple trail cams. 

Get your wife something really special that she would totally love. Then a couple practical things that you would also use/like. Just don’t make it too obvious. 

Kids are easy, and you can sometimes get away with it for the wife or family members.  

Buy presents that are something you were going to have to buy anyway. 

You gotta buy your kid a bike - kill two birds with one stone and make it a Christmas present. Pony for your daughter - Christmas present.  Wife needs a couple new power tools - make them a Christmas present. 

The FDA greenlit psilocybin for depression therapy trials but refuses to recognize CBD as "Generally Recognized As Safe".

I can't take the government seriously. What a clown show.