AxlisOld

The General Chat/Random Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Within 5-10 years Culver's will be everywhere.

Great Butterburgers, great frozen custard, great service, reasonable prices.

butterburgers.jpg

That burger looks dry as hell. Though I'm intrigued by butter burger and reasonable prices, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

12 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

That burger looks dry as hell. Though I'm intrigued by butter burger and reasonable prices, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

It’s juicy then a collage gymnast pussy !

6 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Yeah you're right about that pic, but trust me they are greasy as hell. At least 5 napkins required for all the dripping.

The burgers are pressed and seared. I got used to the outer seared part, it really does lock in the moisture.

Shit, I sound like a fucking commercial.

23 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

The bun is toasted and buttered.

Oh that's it? I thought they'd do it right and put a pat of butter on the burger. Pro tip, pat of butter, chives, then put the cheese on top. You'll never grill the same way again.

1 hour ago, AxlisOld said:

Oh that's it? I thought they'd do it right and put a pat of butter on the burger. Pro tip, pat of butter, chives, then put the cheese on top. You'll never grill the same way again.

Wouldn't the butter immediately liquefy and run off the burger? I think they butter the bun because the bun can absorb the butter.

Interestingly Sonic seems to have copied Culver's. They have introduced a new Garlic Butter Bacon Burger they are testing until today. Same searing, same toasted bun.

3 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I love this shit. It would have been awesome to walk through the rest of the mall but it was all borded up and locked. 

Me too. I'm generally nostalgic as it is, but I especially enjoy seeing places that were heavily used for years and have long since been abandoned.

Malls are dying off fast, but also abandoned houses & hotels & amusement parks & stadiums & insane asylums are very cool.  I can't help but think of all the people that were there and the things that happened there.

Danvers State Hospital was one of the best after it was abandoned, that's where they did the first-ever lobotomy and first-ever electric shock therapy.

danvers-1893.jpg

9 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Wouldn't the butter immediately liquefy and run off the burger? I think they butter the bun because the bun can absorb the butter.

Interestingly Sonic seems to have copied Culver's. They have introduced a new Garlic Butter Bacon Burger they are testing until today. Same searing, same toasted bun.

Wait til burger is pretty much done, then put butter on. cheese seals butter in to a delicious pocket of goodness that seeps into the beef.

14 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Today we went to a flea market that leases a space (like an old JC Penny's) in an abandoned mall. It was so cool. The rest of the mall was completely blocked off, but you could still see a part of it through a window. 

mX2bXnN.jpg

And there was a lot of useless, cool shit. I was so close to buying a Bud Light guitar. I don't even play it. 

Lots of vintage bar lights, there was a grandfather clock for less than $200, VHS, train stuff...

...I found some football cards from 1990. 

Ing3x6d.jpg

Here is a picture to show you how big it was inside. 

bFJIIlZ.jpg

And since it took place in abandoned mall, there was a basement that was accessable. I loved it because it was so eerie. It is tough to imagine that this place apparently, according to the sellers there, used to be the spot. The whole strip mall across the street was abandoned, and the Toys R Us was borded up. The parking lot was overgrown this weeds. It looked like America became an apocalytic wasteland. 

nFfE6xm.jpg

This is the bottom floor of the mall. Down the hall on the left side there was a locked door, leading to an office, and the light was on. 

I love this shit. It would have been awesome to walk through the rest of the mall but it was all borded up and locked. 

The flea market happens once every month though. I plan on going back.

Fuck i miss the old flea market around by my area. They replaced it with a Walmart those cunts

A cheeseburger that doesn’t have peanut butter on it is akin to a first round draft pick who never lived up to his potential. He might have had a great career, but he didn’t achieve the success that was predicted of him. 

Cheese. Mushrooms. Bacon. Ketchup. And a big spoonful of peanut butter. That’s all you need. 

4 hours ago, Skeeter said:

A cheeseburger that doesn’t have peanut butter on it is akin to a first round draft pick who never lived up to his potential. He might have had a great career, but he didn’t achieve the success that was predicted of him. 

Cheese. Mushrooms. Bacon. Ketchup. And a big spoonful of peanut butter. That’s all you need. 

I’m game as long as it doesn’t have slices of that fucking grim, disgraceful tomato on it.  I’d rather spoon Beta’s ass.

On 11/3/2019 at 2:04 PM, arnold layne said:

...I found some football cards from 1990. 

Ing3x6d.jpg

That top red box brings back awful memories of my very first bad investment.

I bought a bunch of 1990 Score MLB Rookie & Traded sets, thinking between the rookie cards and the Eric Lindros cards that it would appreciate in value.

Then I found out that's the year Score made a massive shitload of cards for every sport, right after card collecting became a big deal. The sets are worth about $3 now, I won't even say how much I paid for them.