AxlisOld

The General Chat/Random Discussion Thread

51 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

Apparently not close enough. Seeing Slash concerts in Hampton Beach there were a lot of places but not near me unless it's really high end.

I was meaning that, Indian takeaways with curry and kebab. They have a lot of South Asian places where I am and some Indian but only Chinese has an takeaway that is like fast food.

Basically Hong Kong food is the fast food Chinese food we like in UK. It’s the same dishes but not presented as takeaway as much. 

Indian was almost invented by British because no curry house in India has all the different curries in one place. So they present that as almost luxury food in the UK. Birmingham is the curry center of UK. I think they invented Balti Houses where you eat curry and rice in your own pan. BYB. So cheaper than real restaurant. 

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

Basically Hong Kong food is the fast food Chinese food we like in UK. It’s the same dishes but not presented as takeaway as much. 

Indian was almost invented by British because no curry house in India has all the different curries in one place. So they present that as almost luxury food in the UK. Birmingham is the curry center of UK. I think they invented Balti Houses where you eat curry and rice in your own pan. BYB. So cheaper than real restaurant. 

I tried to make curry food at home out of the jar. Not as good as I had hoped. My sister lived in England and told me the same, that it's all takeaways which I'm jealous of. At least Indian food is healthier. I could go for some batter fried cod and chips wrapped in newspaper like the You Shook Me All Night Long video.  

11 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

I tried to make curry food at home out of the jar. Not as good as I had hoped. My sister lived in England and told me the same, that it's all takeaways which I'm jealous of. At least Indian food is healthier. I could go for some batter fried cod and chips wrapped in newspaper like the You Shook Me All Night Long video.  

Newspaper got banned because of ink poisoning but some use photcopy of newspaper. 

Most food is supermarket. So there’s 99p curries from Morrisons. Ready meals. But yeah not healthy. They have taken over from takeaways. Restaurants are special occasions. So Indian and Chinese restaurants are high level. So people eat there then go to China to find they eat bones and ligaments in vinegar. 

Indian restaurants use butter and salt and a wide variety of spices. The packet sauces are too sweet and mild. I think they also slow cook the curry so the flavors soak into the chicken breast. It’s not a 20 minute thing like on the packet. But marinate the chiicken in the spices over night might work better. 99p ready meal saves all hassle though. Then get 6 Stelkas and vest. Kingfisher is the Indian beer though. 

I think fish curries are more popular in India than in UK where we invented Chicken Tikka Massala. Sweet and Mild. Vindaloo is the powder you want to get. Kingfisher is vital. 

There was a discussion a while back about which was better, Chinese or Indian food. I still go with Chinese although I haven't dabbled in Indian food much. I don't remember what curry tastes like but out of the jar it wasn't remarkable. I think it was the spicy one. One flavor out there I tried one time was Jamaican. They use jerk sauce with pork. Not sure what it is but I thought it should be more popular.  

I overheard neighbors saying something about me using weeds in my garden. They're "wild flowers". I might have to get rid of them if that's the impression.

2 hours ago, meatpuppet said:

There was a discussion a while back about which was better, Chinese or Indian food. I still go with Chinese although I haven't dabbled in Indian food much. I don't remember what curry tastes like but out of the jar it wasn't remarkable. I think it was the spicy one. One flavor out there I tried one time was Jamaican. They use jerk sauce with pork. Not sure what it is but I thought it should be more popular.  

I overheard neighbors saying something about me using weeds in my garden. They're "wild flowers". I might have to get rid of them if that's the impression.

try Nepalese. It's the best of both worlds (chinese and indian influences).

I've believe curry is so popular now that even some Chinese restaurants work with it. When I was in Europe I remember seeing Indian dishes advertised. There might be Nepalese where I am.

24 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

I've believe curry is so popular now that even some Chinese restaurants work with it. When I was in Europe I remember seeing Indian dishes advertised. There might be Nepalese where I am.

Get a dish called 'Momo' its dumplings in a curry sauce. Perfect hybrid of asian and indian cooking they're fucking delicious. I tried Nepalese for the first time last year and i've had it over 30 times since. It shits on standard indian / chinese food.

Looks like the below

1515644556794.jpeg

Removing the Caps Lock (Lockout helper) key has changed my life. Half web log-ins don't tell you if it's enabled and my "fat finger" pinky has accidentally clicked on it innumerable times. It's not hard to shift keys into upper case so it's always been useless to me. I should have done this years ago.

I think some curry sneaks on to Chinese menus via Singapore and Malayasian food. In Hobg Kong the best thing is Singapore Style Fried Noodles. It’ chicken n prawns  fried noodles with light curry flavor. Maybe some bits of octopus and egg. Maybe pineapple. There’s also a version of Japanese deep fried. Pork choo and curry sauce. Also Taiwan beef noodles have been added. And Xin jiang lamb which is almost middle eastern is worth looking out for. 

8 hours ago, GNS said:

Get a dish called 'Momo' its dumplings in a curry sauce. Perfect hybrid of asian and indian cooking they're fucking delicious. I tried Nepalese for the first time last year and i've had it over 30 times since. It shits on standard indian / chinese food.

Looks like the below

1515644556794.jpeg

Momo is wonderful.

If you like Indian and Nepalese, try Afghani cuisine if you can.

They have dumplings similar to Momo.

It's like Indian but better.

13 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

Momo is wonderful.

If you like Indian and Nepalese, try Afghani cuisine if you can.

They have dumplings similar to Momo.

It's like Indian but better.

Will give it a try, hope you’ve been well man

I just went on twitter. I think I might literally be the best thing on the internet. I mean it’s not even close. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I just went on twitter. I think I might literally be the best thing on the internet. I mean it’s not even close. 

Is that your first time? Jesus. I can't imagine what that must be like. :lol:

3 hours ago, wasted said:

What's your handle?

6 hours ago, John Bonham said:

What's your handle?

I don’t have one I just had a look. I can’t go on twitter it would be like wastedmania. 

8 hours ago, magisme said:

Is that your first time? Jesus. I can't imagine what that must be like. :lol:

I don’t think they’re ready. 

5 hours ago, Alex Trebek said:

wasted can't be contained to 240 characters

they are post wall of text

Probably better suited for shit post of the day thread but...

i was gonna go to the blink 182 concert at Darien on the 17th. Call em a guilty nostalgic pleasure for a 90s kid, but they’re the only pop punk band I could ever stomach. and I lost my virginity in the basement of someone playing their self titled album upstairs, so there’s that nice little tidbit. A couple of friends were up for it and tickets were dirt cheap, so fuck it why not?

lil Wayne was opening for them and apparently said fuck it last night. Bashed the crowd size, said it’d “probably” be his last show, and just abruptly left the stage anyways after only 20 minutes. One would question why lil Wayne and/or blink thought this would be a good idea in the first place as there’s not a lot of overlap of fans...but now the tours up in the air.

33 minutes ago, Alex Trebek said:

i think my cat will die soon

he means more to me than almost any person and idk what i'm going to do without him

I’m sorry to hear that brother. Cats fucking rule.

Things I've forgotten since I was last in the US. 

How fat people are

New Yorkers are assholes

Manhattan is a simultaneously incredible and a total shithole. 

1 hour ago, Facekicker said:

Things I've forgotten since I was last in the US. 

How fat people are

New Yorkers are assholes

Manhattan is a simultaneously incredible and a total shithole. 

the devil is the rest of the world, homer=u.s

tenor.gif