AxlisOld

The General Chat/Random Discussion Thread

three years ago, someone gave me a $25 gift card for a mall that was like 2 hours away from where i lived as a christmas present

people make no sense

Right now it is SHITTING freezing rain on us. I brought my work laptop home and told my boss I am not going in to the office. There's at least a 1/4 inch of ice covering the world around me. Fuckin nope.

There's a possibility of hitting the 40's by Thursday, I can only hope.

1 hour ago, PappyTron said:

klingon-shopping.jpg

:lol:

I just need to bring up how excited I am to not have to be constantly told how amazingly beautiful Michelle Obama is anymore. No she fuckin' isn't.

1 hour ago, AxlisOld said:

I just need to bring up how excited I am to not have to be constantly told how amazingly beautiful Michelle Obama is anymore. No she fuckin' isn't.

It is insane how stupid people are. I remember someone on reddit saying she was the most beautiful first lady in history, I said she was ugly as fuck and was instantly down voted into oblivion and my post was eventually deleted by the mods :lol:

7 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

Are there any actual reasons to hate Michelle Obama or is it just because she's associated with her husband?

I don't hate her, I just dislike her bullshit with trying to tell people how to raise their kids. Her school food shit was really bad and caused a lot of backlash. Then there is her "This is the first time in my life I'm proud to be an American" after Obama got elected. Not being able to go to some of the most prestigious ivory league colleges like Princeton and Harvard, but it took her husband becoming president to finally be proud to be an American.

Edited by bran

To the First
Lady, With Love

Four thank-you notes to Michelle Obama, who has spent the past eight years quietly and confidently changing the course of American history.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/17/t-magazine/michelle-obama-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-gloria-steinem-letter.html?_r=0

Like, what in the actual fuck, NYT? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

Sleep is for pussies.

I envy said pussies.

i've been up since 3 AM, slinging kettlebells and googling images of teenage girls on the phone.

It was for a PM convo with ITR. That probably only makes it more suspicious.

how i imagine our theoretical phone chats:

Teen-girls-on-cell-phone-rft123.jpg

On 1/19/2017 at 4:32 AM, jackie moon said:

how awesome is this kid? I know we've all seen it before, but it never gets old

9a8ddb793e30076c1f52d091096e9817.jpg

Baby Patton Oswalt has been one of the better memes going for years.

26 minutes ago, inthisriver said:

Baby Patton Oswalt has been one of the better memes going for years.

Who would win in a fight, Patton Oswalt or baby Patton Oswalt?

2 hours ago, bran said:

So terminator 6 with Cameron and Tim Miller seems to be happening. A reboot/conclusion to the series, not sure how the fuck that works but I guess we will see.

http://www.slashfilm.com/terminator-6-james-cameron-and-tim-miller/

I bet he will cast a woman as terminator. Like afro Iron Woman and Oceans 11 all girls cast. 

I almost saw the new Ghostbusters on a plane once. It was listed as an action movie, not comedy. I lol'd but technically it's an appropriate category.

At least 19 high school students from my country have died in a tragic bus accident on their way home from a ski camp in Italy today. It's in the news everywhere here. You send your child there to have a great time and they never come back. It should be inapprehensible.