Miser

Catcher in the Rye - opinions?

I think it's the only worthwhile track (perhaps outside of TWAT) on CD...Anyone agree? Catcher is the only bit of music on there that can be called in any way "experimental" and that's only because it's Axl's only attempt at pure pop.

Probably the one I'd take out of all the tracks on CD.

Joining Paradise City, One in a Million, Dust N Bones, Civil War, in my top 5 GNR songs.

10/10 liked the production on the demo better.

Outro is my favorite part. Brian May's/Axl/Costanzo solo is a classic, and his lead playing overall is great.

Other than that, I think it's the best song on Chinese. I hope there's more of that if he ever releases another album.

Demo was incredible. Had a killer vibe and the lyrics one of Axl's best.

Album version a pile of shit. Noise pollution. Ron's wankery all over the outro is literally vomit inducing.

I think it's the only worthwhile track (perhaps outside of TWAT) on CD...Anyone agree? Catcher is the only bit of music on there that can be called in any way "experimental" and that's only because it's Axl's only attempt at pure pop.

boring filler, Brian May solo was ok

Jeez.....Chinese democracy as a whole, really did kind of suck, huh? I like TWAT the best but i can't even listen to that anymore

Same here

Apart fom the title track (the original shorter version), TWAT and maybe Better, the album is a mess

I think it could have been decent if Axl sang it well.

He didn't.

He used his clean Chinese voice. I think he was bummed out about most fans not being into it. If another Guns album is released, it will probably be consistently raspy.

Imagine Barry White starting to sing in a high pitchy voice, singing about Riads. It's a lot to take in, but doesn't mean it's not done well. Catcher vocals only work because Axl has found the right tone for it.