Sign in to follow this  
magisme

Will Trump Stay Trump?

In this thread we hold The Donald accountable for his promises. Will he drain the swamp or will he dive headfirst into the swamp? GNFNR gives you the answers.

1478953827067s.jpg

going to be intersting. like i said before though, he is going to select pro second amendment judges to the courts, which is more than obama did for me in 8 years. as long as he runs shit like a sensible moderate republican, but at the same time keeping up with shit posting i will be happy.

We will know all those answers in the first 100 days.

The first Canary down the mine shaft in my opinion will be if Bannon or that puppet Rance Prebus is selected as chief of staff.

If Trump choses Bannon a then he might be legit and a maverick.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37953528

US President-elect Donald Trump has said he is open to leaving intact key parts of President Barack Obama's healthcare bill.

Mr Trump, who has pledged to repeal the 2010 law, said he will keep the ban on insurers denying coverage for pre-existing conditions.

He told the Wall Street Journal that he also favoured allowing young adults to be insured on their parents' policies.

"I like those very much," Mr Trump said of the two pillars of the bill.

It was his meeting with Mr Obama on Thursday that had made him reconsider his calls for an all-out replacement of the Affordable Care Act, he told the newspaper.

Trump played the part he needed to play in order to get elected as a Republican. He dispatched his opponents using WWE style tactics that he learned from Vince McMahon and he is now free to operate as he pleases.

While I'm not fond of the neocon types and it will be disappointing if he chooses all of them, there's nothing surprising about him picking people in DC. He could pick a handful of genuine outsiders but what still need to move the entire swamp into his own administration. Ronald Reagan was horrified at this same prospect. He ran as an outsider and promised the American people he wouldn't stick to "politics as usual" and told the media outlets things were changing, a new sheriff in town, etc. but when he actually got there and saw the abyss he just stumbled into and that nothing could even function without the DC machine, he immediately had to start using it.

The key is using it to your advantage and not allowing it to use you.

I want term limits and lobbying restrictions.

You're not gonna get term limits. Congress will never even consider such a thing unless a huge grass roots movement takes shape and they are dragged kicking and screaming to vote on it.

I do agree that its overdue.

I just hope he reigns in the Anti-Russian/Anti-Assad shit and gives the SJW movement a smackdown

The SJW movement went into criticial condition election night and will be declared dead in 2017. There's simply no way for it to survive in a post Obama American culture. Check the social media site of your choice. YOu can see it in its death throes already and its just begun.

It will take a couple years to bring down the general tension over Russia. People will have to start seeing things like Trump meeting with Putin, his cabinet members not criticizing Russia when they do the news circuit, etc.

Already looks like Gingrich and Giuliani will be working with him :/

Two of the smartest men in the United States.

Let see how Iran deals with Rudy or Newt !

tumblr_m78bbeaMxV1rsgn9no1_r1_500.gif

My predictions

manufacturing jobs are not coming back

there wont be a wall 

11 million immigrants are not going anywhere

4% GDP growth is impossible -  1,5 or 2 % growth the same as it is now

Hillary Clinton is not going to jail

the infrastructure is not going to be fixed

:pepe:  :pepe:  :pepe:  :pepe:  :pepe:  :pepe:  :pepe:  :pepe:  :pepe:  :pepe:

I think you mean he is free to operate as long as he pleases (((them))).

Yep.

(((They'll))) allow him to be America's mascot so long as he stays in line. He is already backing out of promises.

My predictions

manufacturing jobs are not coming back

Yes they are. Will our entire manufacturing base come back? Of course not. If you think he's not going to bring enough back to the rust belt to get them to vote him into a 2nd term, you're nuts.

A wall across the entire border? Of course not. He'll increase border guards, decrease the overall amount of immigrants flowing into the country, and might even build small sections of the wall in Texas....all of these even minimally undertaken will keep the campaign promise and help ensure a second term.

He's not even in office yet and you're already underestimating him. Nothing learned from the election obviously.

As far as immigrants go.....All he has to do is up the percentage sent back across the border and when comparing it to Obama's numbers, it will be deemed a success.

4% GDP growth is impossible -  1,5 or 2 % growth the same as it is now

Impossible? :lol:  YOur savior Hillary even thought it possible. Main difference on this issue is Trump actually wants to attempt it while she didn't actually give a shit either way.

By the way, Reagan heard this same nonsense from the haters that GDP would slow to a crawl and cripple the economy and have global ramifications.  It had 4.9% growth.

the infrastructure is not going to be fixed

:lol:  Jesus. THis is one of the easiest things for him to do as it will have bipartisan support and will create tons of new jobs and it will also guarantee the working class/poor vote for him in droves in 2020. CA recently passed a proposition for the roads to be fixed here and since it doesn't start until next year, he even gets to take credit for that in 2020. That's just for starters.

You're simply the partisan type that wants everything to fail before its even started.

Of course Hillary's not going to jail. Even he didn't believe that. It was a way to get under her skin and have his opponents spaz out. Mission accomplished.

I guess if he just curbs the war boner and runs the country more like a business he will do well.

The real problem is SJW types hounding him on these soft issues. Maybe he can open padded cells with teddy bears and tissues for them with tax payers money.

If you think he's not going to bring enough back to the rust belt to get them to vote him into a 2nd term, you're nuts.

Nah, the dude won't get a 2nd term unless the dems come up with another even shittier candidate. There's a possibility, but let's see what he can do in 4 years

As november snow is under estimate him, you're over estimate him at the same time

giphy.gif

Overestimating him? I didn't think he'd even win.

All he has to do is move to the center. GIve a tax break to move a handful of factories back to the US and he's got that rust belt base covered. It's not rocket science. He only needs a handful of accomplishments to get the exact same voters to the polls in 2020 and hand out some jobs and he'll have some of these Hillary voters as well.

If he's smart he will study Reagan's presidency. There's many lessons to be learned.

All he has to do is move to the center. GIve a tax break to move a handful of factories back to the US and he's got that rust belt base covered. It's not rocket science. He only needs a handful of accomplishments to get the exact same voters to the polls in 2020 and hand out some jobs and he'll have some of these Hillary voters as well.

If he's smart he will study Reagan's presidency. There's many lessons to be learned.

Reagan was a shitbag, though

His ugly face still haunts me from my childhood

he also supported many terrorist groups back in the day, just like the Clintons. He also sold guns to the fucking savage muslims. One could say that he was a key figure in the fall of the Soviet Union, but he also escalated a lot of shit with them. Do not lick his arse all the time, pls

Reagan was a shitbag, though

His ugly face still haunts me from my childhood

he also supported many terrorist groups back in the day, just like the Clintons. He also sold guns to the fucking savage muslims. One could say that he was a key figure in the fall of the Soviet Union, but he also escalated a lot of shit with them. Do not lick his arse all the time, pls

That escalation you speak of? That helped speed up their fall. They were spending money they didn't have on an arm's race with us because of Reagan's polices and it helped accelerate their inevitable fall. They would've fallen anyway under the weight of their own economy and as soon as the media blackout was lifted, but the 1980s arms race sped that process along. Of course, Reagan isn't solely to be credited. Nixon fracturing their alliance with China paved the way. Their own government being composed of sickly old men, one dying after the next until a young, radical moderate came along, helped. Their inability to convert from a Cold War economy and mindset, to a post-Cold War economy and mindset also helped. Reagan's policies, as well, helped. Every President from Truman through George H.W. Bush, though, had a hand in the USSR's fall.