Sign in to follow this  
Miser

Does Dizzy get an unfair rap?

The fact is, look at every major rock band - Look at the big three- The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Stones. All of them employed keyboardists in their music. The Stones had usually 2-3 keyboardists on their records and out on tour with them; Ian Stewart was literally the sixth Stone. The Beatles strongly considered having Billy Preston join full-time, only Macca said no. Led Zeppelin had JPJ serve as bass player and keyboardist and the keyboard served many of their songs well.

As such, the argument that rock can't use piano or keyboard rings follow to me. I'm not saying Dizzy is the secret MVP of the band but I've never seen why he so offends so many people. Does he kiss Axl's ass? Yeah, but if you were in his position you probably would to. Is he a doofus? Yeah, but is anyone in rock really a genius? He's a lot less offensive to me than Pitman, who all out made it plain he didn't give a fuck about anything except the money. At least Dizzy was cool enough to chat with the fans online. He comes off as a nice, well intentioned airhead. I mean, Slash, Duff, Gilby and Motorhead have all used him on at least one solo record - he must do what he does well enough for them.

He's just a keyboard player. But yeah I think some want AFD 5 like Kiss. Only the cartoon members. It's true that that's probably all they need. Axl has set it up a little like Skynard, this big band. As usual it's the members who arent AFD like Dizzy or Fortus that get the shit.

He's just a keyboard player. But yeah I think some want AFD 5 like Kiss. Only the cartoon members. It's true that that's probably all they need. Axl has set it up a little like Skynard, this big band. As usual it's the members who arent AFD like Dizzy or Fortus that get the shit.

I don't know what you're smoking, but we make way more fun of the AFD members than we do the hired hands. This thread is stupid. 

Dizzy gets hate because he comes off as being extremely arrogant instead of being appreciative of his lotto ticket of life he won by Axl letting him be in GnR.

And starting a Kickstarter so other people can put his daughter through college? Dude is making six figures. Pay for your daughter to go to college. Don't ask fans of GnR to do it.

Reed added that he doesn't take his position for granted and insisted that he will always support Axl, regardless of the criticism that is sometimes leveled at the reclusive singer by fans and former associates alike.

"If there's ever any rift, I'm going to take his side," Reed said. "It's not even a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. You can formulate all this stuff in your head and get worked up, but I know if I ask him about anything that doesn't make sense, when he explains it, it sets everything straight.

"Axl's the one that presented me with this gig," he added. "It was his idea. He gave me this opportunity. He could fire me tomorrow. I try and give him my best, my all, all the time."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-keyboardist-dizzy-reed-axl-rose-could-fire-me-tomorrow/

:rofl-lol:  

Reed added that he doesn't take his position for granted and insisted that he will always support Axl, regardless of the criticism that is sometimes leveled at the reclusive singer by fans and former associates alike.

"If there's ever any rift, I'm going to take his side," Reed said. "It's not even a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. You can formulate all this stuff in your head and get worked up, but I know if I ask him about anything that doesn't make sense, when he explains it, it sets everything straight.

"Axl's the one that presented me with this gig," he added. "It was his idea. He gave me this opportunity. He could fire me tomorrow. I try and give him my best, my all, all the time."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-keyboardist-dizzy-reed-axl-rose-could-fire-me-tomorrow/

:rofl-lol:  

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/25549-story-about-dizzy-reed-tldrish-biggest-cuck-of-all-time/#entry302698

Dizzy is the most irrelevant of all the GNR members. Not only musically, but as in the GNR politics.

You can see this by the fact that he managed to survive the band change in line-up. It's like he didn't care what happened, he just wanted to be there. I don't know if for GNR or for the money, but it doesn't matter.

It's like the whole band was leaving/being fired and he was like "well, I'm still here" and Axl was like "that fuck didn't do anything, I can't do anything."

Like maybe if Axl wanted to kick him out because he sucked he didn't because he didn't do anything, you know? Because it seems to be how Axl works. I think that makes sense and explains why Dizzy has been around for so long even though he adds just as much as a potato - what matter to Axl is not how much you add musically, but how much you keep your fucking mouth shut.

Dizzy was what allowed people to insist pathetically that it wasn't just Axl doing lame solo shit. That's probably why Axl kept him around. That and the blow jobs.

In a way, yes. Keyboards were necessary for the UYIs and songs like 14 Years and Pretty Tied Up absolutely would not have worked without them, despite what mulletheads will have you believe. The problem with Dizzy however is the fact that he just isn't very good and he's a huge douche.

So what you're saying is he's the perfect fit for GNR?

In a way, yes. Keyboards were necessary for the UYIs and songs like 14 Years and Pretty Tied Up absolutely would not have worked without them, despite what mulletheads will have you believe. The problem with Dizzy however is the fact that he just isn't very good and he's a huge douche.

Wait a second, I had a mullet during peak GNR years   :lol:

songs like 14 Years and Pretty Tied Up work well without a noodling piano

I think those songs stand up without a noodling piano The problem with Dizzy however is the fact that he just isn't very good and he's a huge douche. = LIKE.

Dizzy was what allowed people to insist pathetically that it wasn't just Axl doing lame solo shit. That's probably why Axl kept him around. That and the blow jobs.

Who is the pitcher and who is the catcher?

Who is the pitcher and who is the catcher?

I'd think Axl and Dizzy, respectively. Seems a no brainer.