GnRLiars

New Izzy song - To Being Alive

Yeah I was just screwing with Budd. I like AFD Izzy, really do. I think Slash is 100x the musician Izzy is though. Their stuff post GNR show Slash being more diverse, more technical, more inspired. This is a guy that went from blues albums to metal-ish stuff while doing extremely good pop-rock tunes in between (VR and Slash 2010). Izzy has been doing the same album over and over again since the 90s. I'm sorry but I can't like or even respect an artist like this. Aside from VR I don't like much of Slash's stuff but if he ever made a GH of his post-GNR stuff, it would be killer track after killer track.

I know this is not a Izzy vs Slash thread. I'm just saying Izzy has some credit he never really earned. Dude is an untalented (or talented but completely uninspired) asshole.

Yeah I was just screwing with Budd. I like AFD Izzy, really do. I think Slash is 100x the musician Izzy is though. Their stuff post GNR show Slash being more diverse, more technical, more inspired. This is a guy that went from blues albums to metal-ish stuff while doing extremely good pop-rock tunes in between (VR and Slash 2010). Izzy has been doing the same album over and over again since the 90s. I'm sorry but I can't like or even respect an artist like this. Aside from VR I don't like much of Slash's stuff but if he ever made a GH of his post-GNR stuff, it would be killer track after killer track.

I know this is not a Izzy vs Slash thread. I'm just saying Izzy has some credit he never really earned. Dude is an untalented (or talented but completely uninspired) asshole.

Slash noodles... That didn't get old by UYI II

Thing is, Izzy never goes outside of the 1970s Rolling Stones box. I am sure the guy is more talented than that. I would love to say a Hiippie Yaya type of album from him. Acoustic, but very folky. But he just sticks to trying to be Keith Richards circa 1971. 

Izzy's a songwriter, his stuff doesn't need multiple guitar parts. Lyrics and melodies are there, nice vocals and solos, always nice drums up in the mix. Very listenable albums. He doesn't do stadium metal or rock.

Izzy's songs come across incredibly simple, but almost every one I listen to has one or two ideas that are better than pretty much anything Axl and Slash have done since the real GNR breakup.

I'm going to have to listen to more Izzy.

It's funny because people who like CD say the same thing: The ideas are good. Well, I have 30-sec or 40-sec ideas recorded that never became a good song either. I listen to music not to ideas. That's why Slash is the only one who achieved something after GNR. He showed incredible versatility, his songs had good hooks, great solos, media recognition, people appraisal, etc. Did he write all the songs? No. But that's what's good about him. He knows he needs other people. Izzy all by himself compared to his GNR years makes him look like an amateur. He REALLY sounds like any local band that plays shitty venues for money. People only pay attention because it has his name on it.

It's not fair to compare because he's practically retired, doesn't care about the money or fame, etc. But that still doesn't make his songs good.

I'm not trying to suck Izzy's cock or pretend he's more than he is. Just like I won't do that with Axl and Slash. So there's no reason to get up in arms about it again.

Slash's solo music is terrible.

There are 3 officially released Ju Ju Hounds records, the first album, the live album, and the pressure drop ep. They are all killer and wipe the floor with anything he's done since. "How Much" is from the pressure drop ep. Seek them out if you can.

Izzy's songs come across incredibly simple, but almost every one I listen to has one or two ideas that are better than pretty much anything Axl and Slash have done since the real GNR breakup.

Check out these Izzy songs -

Hell Song

Just Don't Care

Upside

These three can compete against anything on CD

Izzy's stuff is deceptively simple. There's always a sci-fi bridge or some nuanced plucking. I would compare it to The Libertines or The Strokes.

Check out these Izzy songs -

Hell Song

Just Don't Care

Upside

These three can compete against anything on CD

Like a Dog is a great album. So are Ju ju hounds and 117 Degrees, On Down the Road and River too.

I don't know. I guess I didn't realize that Izzy solo stuff was still relevant. I don't mean that to be an insult or snarky by the way.

Wow look at Maynard, he's triggered hard, like that triggleypuff chick.  You can almost *feel* him furiously typing away, besmirching Izzy on the internet in a vain attempt at... what, again?   Oh yeah, debunking the Izzy is cool 'myth.'

Saber has some weird fantasies in his head. Another almost-40 who handles different opinions like a teenager. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Wow, portuguese speaker posters really seems obsessed about other posters age

What the fuck is wrong with them?

Btw your opinion is hardly a problem for me, i just don't like untalented trolls, that's all

If only you could put more effort to your trolling skills...

Once again. the problem is NOT your opinion, It's the delivery. Yeah you don't like Izzy, because the old fatasses decided to ditch him from the cash cow touring for financial reasons and that is fine for you and you come up with revisionist bullshit about how he was/is unimportant to GNR. Big fucking deal. At least base your opinion about legit things. I don't even like Izzy's solo material, but i'm not coming to every Izzy thread to state how shit he is

You did the exact same thing for years when Axl was still with the hacks. Now, that Slash and Axl are on working terms again, you think Izzy is as important as DJ Ashba. Congrats

You state GNR material is more demanding for Axl than screaming "new" songs  for 2 and a half hours nonstop in AC/DC

Can't you see how stupid you are?

At least don't pretend you are the sane and moderate one here

Once again: fuck off

Saber has some weird fantasies in his head. Another almost-40 who handles different opinions like a teenager. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Is that so?

You know you're up there with warchild right? I mean as far as unbalanced fans go. Lol believe it. But i admit you're cooler. Im not almost 40. See? You always exaggerate.

Look, here's the deal:

You're like the fucking chinese government trying to obsessively control the narrative about how mickey voice is now okay, axl/dc sucks, and izzy isnt equal to axl and sluff. It's almost as if you're the nuTeamBrazil. I should start calling you beta junior.

Just sharing my opinion man. Of course I try to get a laugh from you guys in the process but it's me being honest most of the time. You take it all too seriously.

When did aging become a mega order or something to use as an insult? I guess that's a millenial thing.

What's the alternative to reaching your 30s or 40s?

I will tell you. It's one simple word: DYING.

And, 100% of you are going to get old.

So to use aging as an insult is one of the dumbest things you could possibly do.

What's next? Are you found to start insulting people for breathing?

I don't know. I guess I didn't realize that Izzy solo stuff was still relevant. I don't mean that to be an insult or snarky by the way.

At the very least he puts out a couple of songs every few years you think would be great with Axl and Slash on it.

Personally he puts out the most listenable albums. Understated is the word. I like mid era Stones, Dylan. It's easy listening music for shooting coke cans in the garage.

Izzys solo stuff isn't as bad as some make it out to be. Is it simple? Yes. Is it an over produced convoluted mess like Chinese Democracy? No
Are there parts of CD that are better? Yes

Ju Ju Hounds album is outstanding.

Does his sound add to the vintage GnR? Of course.

Is this new song any good?

It's catchy but it won't be on regular rotation on my playlist.