Countdown to Jan. 20 - OFFICIAL INAUGURATION DATE

I was really hoping Trump would take advantage of his "outsider" credentials and not owing the usual suspects a bunch of favors. This was a truly historic election where real change was potentially on the horizon. A culture shift is on the verge of taking place and he could've rode that wave indefinitely. Instead we are seeing a reshuffling of the deck and the Bush neocons being installed in his cabinet. Yes there will be a few not in that particular cabal but PNAC is on like donkey kong and its tendrils will be far reaching. The only good thing about it is their strategy looks to be evolving which can be witnessed in their extreme reluctance to wage war with Russia.

I didn't realize until today that Woolsey had been advising him on national security matters during the election. That's no different than having Wolfowitz or Rumsfeld in that position. Then the cherry on top is Mr. 9/11 getting one of the main cabinet positions. It could be anything but I predict he gets Homeland Security. Christie will probably get Attorney General. Not a bad choice there I suppose. There's even talk of bringing Palin on board which actually isn't as bad as it appears. She's polarizing but she's very charismatic and if you can keep her on script...would be very effective. Ben Carson may be the one picked to fix Obamacare. THis is a man who thinks the dinosaurs were alive six thousand years ago.....god help us all.

It will be interesting to see which dems he picks for his cabinet...if any. If he's going to govern effectively he has to play ball and bring in people from both sides. If he doesn't, congress will literally sit back and do nothing for four years. They have to be appeased. He's already finding out that even when you don't owe specific favors, you still owe.

While Trump may have a miniscule amount of carte blanche coming out the gates, he's going to find out that in this partisan environment he has to govern from the middle. He already knows that which is why some of his promises have already disappeared.

There are some great articles out there about why this election turned out like it did..some of them from liberals too. Social media is flooded with morons going on about "racist America" electing Trump while apparently so fucking stupid that they forgot we just elected a black man twice. You have to rise above the flood of idiocy to understand why all this happened. Here's a great site that actually goes in depth on how it all played out...

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/11/10/the-big-split/

The problem is the liberals haven't been toiling for the greater good. That's just rhetoric, what Obama did was re-up Bush's policies, increase military spending, increase the debt, more government spending.

Also Hillary calling every one who wanted jobs back racists and misognists really back fired. Having Beyonce preaching to hard working people made them just say fuck you I'm voting Trump.

The problem is the liberals haven't been toiling for the greater good. That's just rhetoric, what Obama did was re-up Bush's policies, increase military spending, increase the debt, more government spending.

That's true of course but why cant the mindless drones voting for whatever douche bag has a 'D' next to their name understand that? The article I posted above was spot on. Liberals became what they supposedly loathe yet act superior in the face of it. They really didn't sense the coming disaster?

Enough people started waking up to the scam. Something the MSM aren't too keen on reporting is how many people crossed party lines to vote. Trump also got a third of the minority vote...half the women vote...and states that haven't went republican since Reagan was serving us jelly beans abandoned Hillary in crunch time.

The 'rust belt' that voted for Bernie in the rigged primary voted for Trump in the general. Both sides better read that message loud and clear. People don't want war with Russia or drone strikes in Yemen or tranny bathrooms at Walmart. They want their jobs back.

Also Hillary calling every one who wanted jobs back racists and misognists really back fired. Having Beyonce preaching to hard working people made them just say fuck you I'm voting Trump.

That tactic will probably go down as the biggest political blunder of all time. They bought into their own PC illusion of faux outrage and safe spaces and the public finally spit it back in their faces. THis is why various celebs and talking heads have been spazzing out the past few days.....they know its coming to an end and they cant stand it.

Chris Matthews, someone who I have liked since the mid 90s actually had the nerve to say, "What side are you people on?" when Hillary was losing. We're on the side of America you fucking dolt.....you know, the country you've spent several years trying to flush down the toilet.

Also think alternative sources like wikileaks convinced people what they suspect, people like Clinton are corrupt. They can see past the SJW type stuff to who they really. Trump might grab pussy but Clinton stands with Wiener. And they have the gall to act superior. So fuck you I'm voting Trump.

But that was just the election. Now Trump was probably getting used as a way to win.

He could repeal Obamacare and stop those Bush executive orders.

Probably up military spending, set wall st free.

He needs to ease up on the deportations thing. He won't indict Hillary.

His deals and whether he can bring jobs back will be jow he's judged.

Neocons got two sides going at each other so they won't notice war and bank corruption.

That's the thing.....he can ease back on some of his more infamous promises and still not tank his presidency. Just keep us out of a major war, bring back a small percentage of our manufacturing base, keep taxes even steven, and he's already celebrating reelection. The country is at such a low point that he doesn't have to be a miracle worker to be effective.

Even if he goes full neocon and sucks corporate cock, all he has to do is aim a portion of his policies at the working class to be loved. Go ask Ronald Reagan how effectively this works and how many people adore you for it. THis is what the Obamas and the Bushes don't understand. They expect the poor and working class to just blindly vote for their bullshit with nothing in return. People like Reagan knew they had to earn it and the moment mutual trust and admiration was there, then the landslides start pouring in.

I think he will do something. People just want to have their voices heard. The celebrity back slapping and obvious corruption had to go.

But Michelle will be back in 4 years for round 2. Trump will have his work cut not to get impeached.

The Donald has stated that he won't take a salary as president.

Wailing shitlibs were heard for miles.

Pretty sure he hasn't said that recently. You hear something new? I can't exactly take anything he said to start the race seriously. 

I voted for Hilary (Reluctantly though) and usually lean more liberal in politics. I was upset that Trump won, but he seems to be doing and saying the right things ever since he won the election. I thought he was very gracious and classy in victory, applauding Hilary for her service to this country. It seemed he had a good meeting with Obama, and is willing to keep a few tennants of Obamacare which I think is good. Not taking salary as President is also a really great thing, I support both of those actions.

If he is willing to help people get better jobs and make changes to the broken US political system (I'm aware the changes would be small), I'm all for him. If he is racist/sexist/xenophobic, I cannot support that. I do not think that is right to minority groups in the US.

I don't like him or approve of him but I am willing to give him a chance. We have him for the next four years anyways, might as well get on board. I hope he can do some good for this country.

Since Obama is definitely a "liberal" and "on the right side of history" while Trump is the opposite, do you think Trump will lose his fucking mind and do something awful like NOT torture and mistreat mentally ill, illegally detained political prisoners?

The President? He could end it tomorrow if he really wanted to. These are not prisoners of the legal system. These are prisoners of the Executive Branch of our government.

I know what they're prisoners of, I'm just wondering if you believe he has more say than the military leaders. I really don't think the commander in chief is commander of much.