Facekicker

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread

You probably haven't even heard him speak, especially not in English, as the media networks rarely if ever broadcast his voice. They sure as shit don't show him talking about ISIS and the US. 

The man doesn't fuck around. He is demonised in the Western media, yet his arguments concerning many of the worlds problems are astute and grounded in reality. 

On a totally random note, he used to own a villa up the street from mine in Spain and as far as I know, still owns property in the area, perhaps even that very one :lol:

Vlad across the street :lol: A lot of the people near me are Russian. 

I've always been a fan of Putin. During the South Ossetia crisis, I had a Putin avatar to show support until it was over.

I think he's the best leader on the world stage in the 21st century and no one else even comes close. Russia was up shit creek without a paddle after what they went through in the 90s under Yeltsin. They were basically headed towards a depression. Putin turned things around almost immediately. Changed the balance of power in Russia. Did he do some bad things? Sure....but would people rather a group of corrupt oligarchs keep running the show? Russia was a lapdog for the US....now they are not.

We missed a huge opportunity after 911 to form an alliance with Russia to go after these terrorist states. Putin wanted to play ball but Bush(and then Obama) had no interest. The US is more interested in thoroughly containing Russia and China. Its Cold War thinking that should be left on the ash heap of history. I'm not even against our desire for a huge missile shield but the way we went about implementing it was terrible.

The Russian bear is now lashing out due to us trying to keep it inside its cage. While Putin has every right to reassert Russia's presence on the global chess board, doing so is creating a lot of tension. The annexation of Crimea was an eye opener and played into the West's fears of Putin wanting to reform a modern Soviet state. What's the next domino.....Lithuania? Latvia? Estonia? Annexing the entire Ukraine? Where does the West draw a line in the sand? If we do draw the line, we have to realize it cant be a bluff and Russia is the last country you want to play a game of chicken with. Are the Baltic states or Icouldgiveafuckistan worth fighting WWIII? If the answer is no, don't bother bluffing. A bluff followed by Russian aggression would embolden them.

The US and Russia are both playing with fire in Syria. Syris is one of the most complex war zones in history and doesn't get nearly as much attention as it deserves. We are witnessing what is potentially the first battleground of WWIII. Russia and an extremely corrupt regime against the US and certain elements of ISIS. Its reminiscent of Libya where we're funding and arming terrorist groups to achieve our own goals.Underneath this absurdity is both the US and Russia fighting ISIS and its scatterbrained instead of coordinated. So much could go wrong and be turned into a major crisis. Syria is not worth the risk. Russia will not be walking out of there. They've had a naval presence there for decades but due to the insane power vacuum caused by the US in the 2000s, they want a piece of the Texas tea pie and the valuable real estate. We have no one to blame but ourselves for the Middle East turning into such a mess.

The US war machine needs to cool its engines for awhile. Throw it in neutral. While we are a hyper power, we are no longer in a situation where we get to do our dance of destruction with no ramifications. Where we create a vacuum, Russia or China will now fill it. They are both contained and want to break free. The biggest test is yet to come....our eventual showdown with North Korea before he acquires dozens of nukes. Russia and China will be waiting on the border to go in.

Agree for the most part. 

Putin is in a league of his own. Obama, Hollande, Merkel, that fucking clown in Canada etc, all minnows in comparison. 

You just know Clinton is itching to take him on to "prove" herself. Which in itself is such lunacy that it proves she should be in a padded cell. 

Only for the fact that she is a psychotic cunt, I'd be looking forward to seeing Putin slap the bitch stupid. The problem is the stupid cunt will take us all down with her in the process. 

i'm split on putin, i do admire a lot of things about him and he is a leader, which is something a lot of western countries have lacked for years now. i do agree that the shit in syria is ridiculous. i also agree with him on syria, isis should have been priority number one and some deals could have been made on the rest of it.

as for the world war 3 scenario. clinton if she wins will have no problem going after russia, that is how crazy she is and she has already said as much,so i don't see a bluff with her at all when it comes to russia and potential russian aggression. the line in the sand and where it should be places is the one million dollar question. it almost goes back to world war I with all the alliances. the us and nato vs russia and their alliances. if russia did take an estonia or lithuania do we do anything, but what about poland and the ukraine? on top of that you have the uk and france giving russia the cold shoulder as well. finland is also going to be building a wall with russia and we know the finns and russians have a bitter history as well, with putin threatening action if finland joined NATO.

all of this with a global economy that isn't too hot right now, which is why i don't think china will risk doing anything with the US. if the US and china got into conflict, china would have a bunch of starving people and we all know that creates revolution behind the scenes. its a mess that is for sure, and i could see all of this going a million different ways with a million different outcomes. hillary only makes things far, far worse.

Russia has done their fair share to sour relations with the west, its not all our fault for why relations went south. Russia threatening to nuke whole countries, including poland(threatened back in 2008) and denmark.  a lot of other countries joined nato because of how scared they are of russia. at least joining nato these countries had the backing of the us, uk, france, germany and other large countries that could at least stand behind the smaller countries and act as a deterrent for russia. 

tldr version

i admire things about putin, the us and the west have fucked up in syria, but russia has done their fair share to turn relations with the west sour.

USA,UK,France, and Germany are meeting this weekend and discussing syria and some kind response to Russia. 

Watch this from 1:00 minute in - those guys are all billionaires and they are literally shitting themselves. 

I love when he tells the guy - "Give me back my pen."

:lol:  :smugpepe:

I heard he met Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, and Kraft was showing Putin one of the Super Bowl rings.

Putin took it and said 'thanks'.

It becomes a problem politically and Bush Jr. finally steps in and says, 'Yeah you're probably not gonna get that back.'

Could be bullshit but I find the story fascinating if true.

Can you imagine the SJW backlash and faux media outrage if someone here called politicians pussies? Amanpour would probably be leading the charge. Instead she has a genuine reaction and giggles like a little girl. Lavrov probably could have grabbed her in the pussy. :lol:

Watch this from 1:00 minute in - those guys are all billionaires and they are literally shitting themselves. 

I love when he tells the guy - "Give me back my pen."

:lol:  :smugpepe:

Never seen that before. Wow.

He has balls like Hitler. When he tells you you're gonna do some things, that means you're going to do some things.

Imagine an American President treating the likes of Warren Buffet like that?

The reality is they are more likely to be playing golf together discussing how many factories they were going to sell off and how they'd get the taxpayer to bail out the rest. 

THey have reasons to fear him. When he first took power, he went batshit crazy on those oligarchs that had sold Russia to the lowest bidder.

He's very intelligent. He took a page out of Hitler's book when he rose to power......pick a small group of the elite you can do business with and tell the rest they either fall in line or they get to disappear along with their families.

I need to read another book on Putin. I read one many years ago but due to my lengthy drug use don't remember much of it. I was just blown away by how in the modern era someone could rise up and stick it to the establishment like he did and become the establishment himself.

We'll eventually get someone like him. Its overdue. It should have happened in 2008. I hope I get to be alive when it happens. There's going to be chaos. I can picture congress getting arrested and walking in a group in handcuffs in tears out of the capitol, bankers and lobbyists being lynched in the streets, president addressing the nation telling us why this has to happen, list goes on.