meatpuppet

What Internet Service Provider (ISP) do you use?

I returned my Comcast modem almost 2 mos ago but was still getting charged. Not surprised, happened  once before with them.

I (now) pay $69.95 USD a month but am thinking about switching. Problem is is that there really aren't a lot of choices in my area. I don't need cable or landline. I get the sense that people in Europe and elsewhere have better and cheaper internet service than in the US.

I'm trying to reduce my cost of living so I literally pay nothing to live.

Vodafone

140 channel tv + internet + 2 unlimited cellphones w/ 1gb mobile net + home phone

42€/month

Edited by GUNNER

ISP: Shaw

Plan: Shaw 150

Speeds: 150 mb/s Up, 15 mb/s Down

Price: $80 CAD/month on a 2-year contract

Satisfaction rating: 2 thumbs up

same except comcast

Edited by bran

I need help so i am moving and the only real internet option is att through direct tv but it 6mb rate .

Now my wife watches a shit ton of Netflix and my son is always watching WWE network  will that be enough ?

>comcast

>good

have the memes been lying this whole time?

I will say my service is fine but then again, I didn't sign up for any "deals". In the end I would theoretically be getting a better deal with more competition. Only Verizon or Comcast, that's it here.

>comcast

>good

have the memes been lying this whole time?

they have gotten better(from an internet perspective) since the first time i had them 6 or 7 years ago. back then the internet would crash 6 or 7 times a day and sometimes it would crash for hours on end. they would fix it for a day or two before it would happen all over again. i have had them for 3 months or so and i have had a total of 2 crashes for a total of about 10 minutes. it has a data cap which they didn't have before, it is a 1TB and so far i haven't come near the cap.

Edited by bran

What kind of connection do you need to stream TV like Netflix?

i think netflix recommends 5 mb/s internet speed to stream. it really depends on how many people will be streaming. 25mb/s should be enough for hd streaming for 2 devices. 

supposedly I have 200 mb. 50mb wifi connection. It actually streams ok now I plaugged it direct into modem. I had it plugged into router which is a rookie mistake I was told.

supposedly I have 200 mb. 50mb wifi connection. It actually streams ok now I plaugged it direct into modem. I had it plugged into router which is a rookie mistake I was told.

yeah definitely. a hardwired connection from modem to PC will give you the fastest and most stable connection. companies(like comcast...fuckers) will only guarantee their speeds for hardwired connections.

I thought I was being fancy having wifi connection. But once I got this brutal cable all my problems were over especially xbox live.

On a slightly stupider note does mac do adobe flash. This site I use says I need to update flash. I follow the links and install it but then it still says I need to update.

Xbox owners without an Xbox Live Gold membership will now be able to access more than 180 apps like Netflix, ESPN and HBO Go for free.

50-60 dollars?

I'm paying $70 a month for just 200 Mbps internet from Satan (aka Xfinity).

I can't believe a million people in the US are still using dialup, that's cray-cray.

But now Amazon's $10 Billion Project Kuiper will deploy 3,000 satellites to compete with Elon's Space-X Project Starlink (4,400 satellites) by providing high-speed internet.

This is what I've been waiting on for many years, what took them so long?

:fyou: Xfinity

Amazon could reach 5G (pun intended) share price by EOY with the way things are going.

Who the fuck wants to wait an hour in freezing temps just to get inside stores during the holiday shopping season because of the social distancing crap?

Can't say the same for Facebook and Google, I think there will be a big backlash because of how far the radical libs have gone.

1 minute ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Amazon could reach 5G (pun intended) share price by EOY with the way things are going.

Who the fuck wants to wait an hour in freezing temps just to get inside stores during the holiday shopping season because of the social distancing crap?

Can't say the same for Facebook and Google, I think there will be a big backlash because of how far the radical libs have gone.

Facebook is all about advertising clicks so love or hate they bank make. Google I’m not sure what kind of witchcraft that is. This is a corporate revolution with the US and China playing the people into Nike’s authoritarian rule. After those beers this cheesecake isn’t sitting too well. Remember my truth!