what are you eating

I ate half a chicken last night. I don't know how I've been a Costco member for as long as I have and never bought one of the 4.99 rotisseries.

10 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

I ate half a chicken last night. I don't know how I've been a Costco member for as long as I have and never bought one of the 4.99 rotisseries.

Isn't it a new concept?

Nah they've had them forever. They notoriously take a loss on every one just to keep people buying in store. That's why they're all the way in the back.

Sweet n Sour chicken nuggets and a turkey and ham sandwich with smoked fontina from the Safeway deli for a midnight snack.

I'm going for some McDoubles to escape things for a bit.

Speaking of which they have mdoubled in price in the past few years. Used to be on the dollar menu.

21 hours ago, meatpuppet said:

I'm going for some McDoubles to escape things for a bit.

Speaking of which they have mdoubled in price in the past few years. Used to be on the dollar menu.

McDs pisses me off. They treat themselves like an actual restaurant, and they aren't, I don't care how they remodel their buildings. Other places send out coupon mailers, McDs just sends out mailers that basically say, "we made food, remember?" I'm also still bitter about when they shrunk the Big Mac.

31 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

I'm also still bitter about when they shrunk the Big Mac.

I didn't know about this. No wonder it was 2 for $5.

I don't eat at actual restaurants anyway. I'm too cheap to be spending that kind of money. I find it weird they call them "stores" when they aren't stores. Same with car repair places "shops".

2 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

McDs pisses me off. They treat themselves like an actual restaurant, and they aren't, I don't care how they remodel their buildings. Other places send out coupon mailers, McDs just sends out mailers that basically say, "we made food, remember?" I'm also still bitter about when they shrunk the Big Mac.

In the late 90s when McDonald's decided to start trying to be everything to everybody is when they ran into trouble and the quality started to drop.

My eyes really rolled into the back of my skull when they tried to be Starbucks. Took up a third of the menu when all that was ever needed was a cup of coffee on the menu...you know...like they successfully did for half a century.

Now they want to be Chick-fil-A too.

Good luck with that....

I'm about to have spaghetti smothered in parmesan cheese again.

On 10/27/2019 at 7:30 PM, MIA said:

In the late 90s when McDonald's decided to start trying to be everything to everybody is when they ran into trouble and the quality started to drop.

My eyes really rolled into the back of my skull when they tried to be Starbucks. Took up a third of the menu when all that was ever needed was a cup of coffee on the menu...you know...like they successfully did for half a century.

Now they want to be Chick-fil-A too.

Good luck with that....

I'm about to have spaghetti smothered in parmesan cheese again.

I miss the Big N' Tasty. Anybody else remember the Big N' Tasty?

I do in fact. The black pepper seasoning was fantastic. Or was that the Arch Deluxe? I think the Arch was the seasoned one, was the Big n Tasty like a Jumbo Jack?

Net search to the rescue. Big N Tasty was the Whopper ripoff, Arch Deluxe had the heavy seasoning. Both great burgers. Back when the D tried to compete rather than asserting that they stood on their own.

I'm home from work, sick as shit for the second day in a row.

Just went to the grocery store and bought some steaks.  Here in Japan, that means really small cuts for way more money than in the US, but fuck it, beef is beef.

Those motherfuckers want me to eat bugs?   Not today.   Not.  Today.

Japanese beef? Because I get it if that's the case. It can't all be Waygu, but if it's even close I'd pay it.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:35 PM, AxlisOld said:

I do in fact. The black pepper seasoning was fantastic. Or was that the Arch Deluxe? I think the Arch was the seasoned one, was the Big n Tasty like a Jumbo Jack?

Net search to the rescue. Big N Tasty was the Whopper ripoff, Arch Deluxe had the heavy seasoning. Both great burgers. Back when the D tried to compete rather than asserting that they stood on their own.

God I hated the Arch Deluxe. I only tried it once though. What killed it was that insane hype. 

Just throw it on the menu and it probably goes over better.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:59 PM, arnold layne said:

I miss the Big N' Tasty. Anybody else remember the Big N' Tasty?

The Big N Tasty was actually a rebranded McDLT without the packaging. They were dumb for not marketing it as such right off the bat... although it had been years since the MCDLT had been discontinued.

My grandma used to laugh at the name.

On 10/31/2019 at 4:21 PM, MIA said:

God I hated the Arch Deluxe. I only tried it once though. What killed it was that insane hype. 

Just throw it on the menu and it probably goes over better.

The Big N Tasty was actually a rebranded McDLT without the packaging. They were dumb for not marketing it as such right off the bat... although it had been years since the MCDLT had been discontinued.

My grandma used to laugh at the name.

Big N Tasty was called the Big Xtra here. Never tried it. Looks good. :shrugs: