jackie moon

Jackie Moon Presents: They went to the fucking moon!

why can't every week be Apollo 50 week? This has been the best week of my life.. so much moon content. PBS Chasing the Moon was fucking incredible, 6 hours, hose me down

On 4/8/2018 at 11:26 AM, meatpuppet said:

There's still junk you can view from the landing from telescopes.

they went to the fucking moon. in 1969.

On 4/8/2018 at 7:17 AM, GUNNER said:

Maybe their enemies didnt have the technology to prove it was a lie.

The Russians had a probe there monitoring Apollo 11 and its transmissions.

Not sure. We got a photographer here? Probably something to do with perception, angles, horizon,etc.

Regardless....

Orbital mechanics and physics answers this for us.

A large body cannot orbit a smaller one. It's literally impossible.

32 minutes ago, MIA said:

Not sure. We got a photographer here? Probably something to do with perception, angles, horizon,etc.

Regardless....

Orbital mechanics and physics answers this for us.

A large body cannot orbit a smaller one. It's literally impossible.

It's smaller in every available picture of the Earth from the Moon.

http://www.google.com/search?q=earth+from+moon&client=ms-android-verizon&sxsrf=ACYBGNTWrXo8iyCTUUbd27YCFsI3cmhxOQ:1571100622987&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyk6j0hZ3lAhVeJzQIHZC9AbwQ_AUIEigB&biw=1100&bih=1851

You're not really suggesting the Moon is bigger than the Earth and we are orbiting it?

I know there's all sorts of odd theories and conspiracies about the Earth- Moon system but this one I've never heard.

It's violating Newton's Law, orbital mechanics, and every law of physics imaginable.

It would be like saying Bill Cosby shits Jell-O pudding pops. It's highly unlikely....and would anyone wager money on it?

That first pic I posted should remove any shred of doubt. It was taken from Mars. Even in that pic, it's askew due to scale, angle,etc.

The space between the Moon and Earth is so vast that you can fit every planet of the Solar system between them with room to spare.

As far as the Moon landings go I believe that we went but I do have one minor gripe left on the subject....

How was it so easy to leave the Moon and it always be perfect every single time?

Getting there is the easy part. It launched from the richest country in the world with unlimited resources and so much care put into it that a flake of gnat shit within a 10 mile radius of the launch pad would cause them to scrub the launch.

Coming back should've been extremely difficult if not impossible, especially the first time. 

Yeah I know...low gravity, no air, atmosphere,etc...

It's still mind-blowing.

The future manned missions to the Moon and Mars are going to involve creating fuel in those extreme environments for the return trips even with a 50 year leap in tech.

I find that interesting.

7 hours ago, MIA said:

You're not really suggesting the Moon is bigger than the Earth and we are orbiting it?

I know there's all sorts of odd theories and conspiracies about the Earth- Moon system but this one I've never heard.

It's violating Newton's Law, orbital mechanics, and every law of physics imaginable.

It would be like saying Bill Cosby shits Jell-O pudding pops. It's highly unlikely....and would anyone wager money on it?

That first pic I posted should remove any shred of doubt. It was taken from Mars. Even in that pic, it's askew due to scale, angle,etc.

The space between the Moon and Earth is so vast that you can fit every planet of the Solar system between them with room to spare.

:lol: That's not what I'm suggesting at all. I'm suggesting the photos are doctored.

Here's where I stand. There are two sides, one has proof which some dim "questionable", The other side, from my experience, is pure conspiracy theory.

So even if the proof we have can be considered questionable by some (not by me), it is still much more believable than what these lunatics say on these long-ass youtube videos. I have some friends who are deniers and I keep asking them why the russians didn't fake their own landing as well and they are not able to answer it. The conspiracy side is much weaker than the scientists side and they are much more sensitive to the hard questions. 

I don't care whether we went or not in the least. I just want to know why NASA is unquestionably doctoring photos and using actors on green screens for astronauts. Not too much to ask.

I guess when it comes to believing my own eyes or what the proven liars in government tell me, I'll go with my eyes. Sad more people don't have that confidence in themselves.

It has nothing to do with confidence. It has more to do with understanding high school math, science, the various programs and political maneuvers leading up to Apollo, and belief in American ingenuity.

Is it really that surprising that we went? In the 50s while the rest of the world was still in rebuild mode, the US is flying then classified planes to the literal edge of space.

The combined genius of American and Nazi scientists were putting the project together. The Nazi side of the project(mainly Von Braun) was actually furious that we had set our sights too low. After a couple moon jaunts, he had a plan for a manned mission to Mars using modified Saturn V rockets.

If Von Braun is handed a blank check instead of Nixon canceling Apollo in favor of the Shuttle, we go to Mars in 1980-85. We now know it most likely would've been a one way trip, but we would have made it.

Most of today's tech wouldn't be possible without the Space age. 

It blows my fucking mind that some people actually believe we can't even get to LEO. Hell....a modified A-12/SR-71 might have pulled off an attempt and that's using 50s technology.

Just now, MIA said:

Yeah and the most important one is the Soviets actually there monitoring Apollo's every move.

Exactly. When even America's biggest enemy just accepts it did happen and never ever attempted to do a fake moon video themselves, it speaks volumes...

As for believing my own eyes or having confidence... it has a limit. When it turns me into a tinfoil hat looney, it's time to eat the humble pie and do some research. And by research I don't mean 2 hours of conspiracy theory on Youtube. :lol:

They almost beat us. They actually deserve a ton of credit as well. Both sides were learning from their adversaries successes and mistakes.

Soviets were monitoring the landing as they knew it could go tits up and then they'd know what not to do.

As they say....the rest is history. It went off without a hitch and they abandoned their own plans.... which was a mistake. 

Just a handful more landings in some more interesting spots would've discovered vast deposits of ice....and that's when moon bases would've been built.

24 minutes ago, MIA said:

It has nothing to do with confidence. It has more to do with understanding high school math, science, the various programs and political maneuvers leading up to Apollo, and belief in American ingenuity.

Is it really that surprising that we went? In the 50s while the rest of the world was still in rebuild mode, the US is flying then classified planes to the literal edge of space.

The combined genius of American and Nazi scientists were putting the project together. The Nazi side of the project(mainly Von Braun) was actually furious that we had set our sights too low. After a couple moon jaunts, he had a plan for a manned mission to Mars using modified Saturn V rockets.

If Von Braun is handed a blank check instead of Nixon canceling Apollo in favor of the Shuttle, we go to Mars in 1980-85. We now know it most likely would've been a one way trip, but we would have made it.

Most of today's tech wouldn't be possible without the Space age. 

It blows my fucking mind that some people actually believe we can't even get to LEO. Hell....a modified A-12/SR-71 might have pulled off an attempt and that's using 50s technology.

:lol: Still clinging to me saying the moon landing didn't happen, huh? Maybe you should learn to read before babbling. You could spare yourself a wall of text and you wouldn't have to be so wrong. High school science doesn't explain why NASA uses green screens and doctors photos. If you want to reply to me about what I'm talking about, feel free. If not, feel free to shut the hell up.