jackie moon

Jackie Moon Presents: They went to the fucking moon!

When I was a kid my grandpa would say that anyone who believed we went to the moon would also believe its made of cheese. This was my grandpa who was at D-Day(in the first wave) and also the Battle of the Bulge. You'd think one of the guys who witnessed all those crazy secret Nazi weapons flying through the sky at night in 1944 would believe a moon landing possible 20+ years later.

all due respect to your grandpa, and i / we obviously respect the fuck out of him, i would file that under 'people who cant imagine going to the moon therefore they think it didn't happen', that does not mean it did not happen. That is not a slight on your grandpa, because i file myself under that category. That is the whole point of this thread, it's fucking incredible. I can't imagine putting some poor sap in a cage and setting his ass on fire, that does not mean it has not happened.

Its what surprises me about his moon stance so much. He was a very intelligent guy but was also traumatized by what he witnessed. It amazed me how his 19-20 year old self who saw what looked like giant comets with orange tails covering half the night sky making horrifying sounds before they landed in a battlefield much further in the distance couldn't imagine such insane tech being used for something of the magnitude of taking man to the moon twenty years later.....and would tell his grandchildren it wasn't possible.

I have a running joke with some people that I don't think airplanes are real. Fat, shit metal birds at 30,000 feet? Fuck off.

A completely unnatural act most definitely.

Since we're on the Nazi-Hitler thing at the moment, I'll give a little fun fact for the class.....

Hitler is a big reason for the mainstreaming of air travel. Before Hitler started flying, no one really wanted to risk it as it appeared too dangerous. Even world leaders preferred to travel by boat or train. Hitler saw the importance of it and also the power of the imagery. He started flying to every town for photo ops and when people saw him doing it on a regular basis and that it was safe to do so, it caused a chain reaction and everyone wanted to fly.

*cue Budd's faux outrage at this fact* :P

I have a running joke with some people that I don't think airplanes are real. Fat, shit metal birds at 30,000 feet? Fuck off.

flat earth bro, stay woke *fistbump*

satellites are a CNN lie, just broadcasting helicopters in constant flight, trying to fool us. Just ask Kanye, he knows what up.

j/k, he's black.

Since we're on the Nazi-Hitler thing at the moment, I'll give a little fun fact for the class.....

Hitler is a big reason for the mainstreaming of air travel. Before Hitler started flying, no one really wanted to risk it as it appeared too dangerous. Even world leaders preferred to travel by boat or train. Hitler saw the importance of it and also the power of the imagery. He started flying to every town for photo ops and when people saw him doing it on a regular basis and that it was safe to do so, it caused a chain reaction and everyone wanted to fly.

he flew to Argentina in may 1945! Hunting Hitler, on History! Tuesday nights!!

okay, i know history on History is bullshit, but this show is legit. That cocksucker got away. Luckily he probably died in the jungle, hopefully with terrible disease.

yeah, Hitler was god. Hitler was life

obviously no other world leader started flying before him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_transports_of_heads_of_state_and_government

I bow to your god, i bow to the nazis

Without Dr. Mengele's bat shit crazy experiments we wouldn't reach those scientific conclusions. It's all worth it. 

We should kill more people for science

More

Death

Blood

War

Ja wohl, meine kartofelführer

I love how you either twist my words or put words in my mouth.

On your wikipedia link there(which I didn't click), care to point us to the world leader who flew so frequently that it became his common form of transportation and eased the public's mind on air travel? While you're at it, can you point us to which leader used airplanes as photo ops?

Its Hitler aint it? :P

JUst like I said before.

You're the only person I've ever debated who in their attempts to prove me wrong somehow prove me right......

Wont bother with the rest of that drivel...especially Mengele. Anyone here with a functioning brain can read my posts and know that nothing I said had anything to do with such a low level of depravity and abomination.

The Ancient Astronauts are coming back to start us over with the best strains of weed.

Weed of extraordinary flavor.

or space coke

i'm going to be doing some MDMA over the christmas break and you better believe i'm going to be lighting this thread up like a christmas tree 

all caps, zero chill. 

they took cars to the FUCKING MOON. 

Also, full moon last night, I was looking at it thinking "there is a giant rock floating in the sky... I know we talk about the moon, but we don't really talk about the moon." 

Fucking crazy. Giant rock in the sky. Sounds like a Journey song or some shit. 

I was at the Science museum in Concord, NH and they have an enormous map of the "far side of the moon."

Mind-blowing.

They also have a gallery with all the newspaper front pages from Sputnik all the way to the Mir. 

Very cool to see what other stories were on the front pages at the same time.

By the 3rd Moon landing, Vietnam is the top headline and the Moon landing is just above the fold.

23 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

MMGA

I think he should go much further ... he should be the first gringo president to go to the moon and establish there.

The new cold war is officially lauched. Congrats, gringos.

Here you have the real reason why nobody went to the moon "again" in 50 years .... because nobody went there ... ever. :lol:

I checked everything this guy said ... and is true.

On 12/14/2017 at 11:32 AM, GUNNER said:

Here you have the real reason why nobody went to the moon "again" in 50 years .... because nobody went there ... ever. :lol:

I checked everything this guy said ... and is true.

We're so blessed to have an expert in astrophysics post on this very forum. What a time to be alive!

Highly recommend the series Moon Machines on youtube, great coverage of the tech that made it happen (it happened). 

Also, "when we left the earth", fucking crazy they pulled that shit off in the 60's.