Facekicker

Who Wants A Kick In The Face? GNFNR Mafia Game Thread

I just hope the "don't post: you're toast" rule is enforced.  The last few games seemed rife with people who didn't really participate.  For one of them, Arnold, it was total strategy and that was okay.  But for the others, it's like "why did you even sign up?"

Some people just aren't really that cool :shrugs:

Ok, on-topic?

I look for people that are making pro-town posts: questioning, attempting to unravel the mystery, asking questionns, moving the game along, those folks overwhelmingly tend to be Town.

Mafia posts range from completely inactive to "I'm sorry I can't post, my WiFi is down, I'm on Holiday, I'm shit, etc." or the classic "wow, 3 pages already, I'm going to read through and give you my thoughts later" :lol:

Mafia swill shitpost to get their post count up, but mostly they will be inactive and let everyone else literally hang themselves.

-Everyone says hello in the least suspicious way possible, normally with a sarcastic quip, at the expense of themselves "lol why would I joke about being Mafia if I was Mafia"

-GUNNER alliance

-lance jumps the gun and claims everyone is 100% Mafia three times over

-GnRLiars does something stupid

-Bonham does something stupid that we think is clever

-Moleman and ITR win

-We vote off GUNNER anyway

There's Day One for you.

Once again the above has  not been working so well for us townies so far. What would you suggest ?

Or ya just good at the monday morning quarterbacking ?

FOS: lance/Bill Brasky

Let's see some Pro-Town posts, bro

really ?

what pro town post have been made so far ?

I am the only one who has asked for us to figure out how many mafia and indys we have in this game .

FOS JB

-Everyone says hello in the least suspicious way possible, normally with a sarcastic quip, at the expense of themselves "lol why would I joke about being Mafia if I was Mafia"

-GUNNER alliance

-lance jumps the gun and claims everyone is 100% Mafia three times over

-GnRLiars does something stupid

-Bonham does something stupid that we think is clever

-Moleman and ITR win

-We vote off GUNNER anyway

There's Day One for you.

Once again the above has  not been working so well for us townies so far. What would you suggest ?

Or ya just good at the monday morning quarterbacking ?

Unfortunately, there isn't really an alternative, especially for such a small game. This group of players has been together so many times, that we're all aware of it, and stalemate is pretty inevitable at first. The added problem is that it really takes the first Mafia kill to get a read on the game, and in smaller games like this you can already be two Townies down when that happens. 

If we're going to win this one, we have to flush out the quiet people. Every game is the same shit. Vocal townies get themselves killed for 5 straight days because scumshits like ZoSo are allowed to coast by without saying a thing under the guise of inexperience. We have to get the usual suspects to talk and slip up. Don't rush the vote.

Yes, I'm aware that I've been arguably the worst player in terms of who I've voted for over the past few games.

"I'm sorry I can't post, my WiFi is down, I'm on Holiday, I'm shit, etc."

Precisely why I made sure to preemptively explain my lack of activity before roles were given out.

I'm on a businesses trip right now and i am still posting so i don't want  the others excuses.

Last game Zoso , and Arnold did not really post at all.

If we're going to win this one, we have to flush out the quiet people. Every game is the same shit. Vocal townies get themselves killed for 5 straight days because scumshits like ZoSo are allowed to coast by without saying a thing under the guise of inexperience. We have to get the usual suspects to talk and slip up. Don't rush the vote.

Yes, I'm aware that I've been arguably the worst player in terms of who I've voted for over the past few games.

"I'm sorry I can't post, my WiFi is down, I'm on Holiday, I'm shit, etc."

Precisely why I made sure to preemptively explain my lack of activity before roles were given out.

I'm on a businesses trip right now and i am still posting so i don't want  the others excuses.

Last game Zoso , and Arnold did not really post at all.

Congratulations to you, if we're still going this time next week I'll be in the middle of a field in Hungary without internet, I won't be. For sure about ZoSo and Arnold though, but you were also giving off about me because I wasn't around hours before the game was about to start and it took me eight hours to post. You're incredibly impatient. Games used to last weeks and weeks.

FOS JB

Siiiiiiiiigh.

?

We know Bonham throws out FOS regularly to irk people and get them flustered, because if you've no reason to be flustered then you tend not to be offended by it, especially at this stage of the game. What's your reasoning for FOSing him in return?

I'm always suspicious of people that try to manipulate the flow of the game and create restrictions that they try to apply to other players.

I prefer to just have a conversation after something has actually has happened.

Whenever I commit 100 percent to my suspicions it backfires. I did this with JB in the last game I played.

You're incredibly impatient. Games used to last weeks and weeks.

1.Probably .

2.This games used to last weeks and weeks . Really ? They had to be much bigger . If not than you guys were playing this like grand master chess competition. :lolzers:

FOS JB

Siiiiiiiiigh.

?

We know Bonham throws out FOS regularly to irk people and get them flustered, because if you've no reason to be flustered then you tend not to be offended by it, especially at this stage of the game. What's your reasoning for FOSing him in return?

His crazy play the last game . His stunt pretty much ended the last game .  JB is a vet mafia player . So why do that ?

Now asking for pro town post  on page 2 . While i already tried to figure how many mafia and indys that might be in the game so saying i did not make pro town post is shady hence FOS JB

You're incredibly impatient. Games used to last weeks and weeks.

1.Probably .

2.This games used to last weeks and weeks . Really ? They had to be much bigger . If not than you guys were playing this like grand master chess competition. :lolzers:

They were bigger, that's why I said it's an issue of this being smaller. LOTR Mafia had 20 players, lasted three weeks. Village Mafia had 21, lasted six weeks. Halo Mafia had 20, lasted seven weeks. They could have had a break in the middle, I don't remember, it was a few years ago. You've called yourself out for your impatience before though, so it comes across really badly when you still do it. Bloodthirsty I tells ya. It just takes away from the game, in my opinion.

How does everyone feel about a No Lynch for Day 1? Not suggesting it at this point, just wondering what thoughts are at the early stages.

The way I see it, chances are we lynch a townie on Day 1. We can avoid this by no-lynching and go into Day 2 down only one, barring extraneous circumstances (doctor, possible indy kill). Unless someone fucks up and gives us a nugget, Day 1 pacifism seems like the most logical choice.

The issue with that, while I like the idea because we tend to be the two loudest voices in our hatred of Day 1, is if we vote to no-lynch, then everyone takes a complete neutral backseat on Day 1 and we've nothing to actually infer from the kill the next day. I think it's possibly an improvement, but still has its own problems. It's definitely better going off a kill than nothing though, but it'd be a kill with no posts to back it up.

His crazy play the last game . His stunt pretty much ended the last game .  JB is a vet mafia player . So why do that ?

Now asking for pro town post  on page 2 . While i already tried to figure how many mafia and indys that might be in the game so saying i did not make pro town post is shady hence FOS JB

You're suspecting him as Mafia in this game because he did a stupid stunt in the last game? He's always asked for pro-town posts. Could be a good ploy by keeping up appearances, sure, but it's nothing unusual. You also insisted that GUNNER could never be Mafia because nobody would make him Mafia, when as far as I'm aware the only game I've ever played here without random assignments was yours.

Suggesting the number of Mafia/Indy is hardly pro-town, which itself is a weird JB phrase sometimes echo'd by Arnold, but I think you've taken the FOS a bit to heart. But thank you for explaining :)

FOS JB

Siiiiiiiiigh.

?

What the fuck is FOS?