John Bonham

TV Party

On 5/12/2017 at 7:34 AM, sixes said:

Same

I also felt the show was boring as all fuck

Better Call Saul is miles better

I am kind of losing interest in BCS this season. I feel like it's dragging. 

oh shit new favourite show alert.

Last night I watched a netflix doc called Silicon Cowboys, about the Compaq PC company in the early 80's, taking on / ripping off IBM. The doc had a lot of references to one of my favourite shows, Sillicon Valley, but also another called Halt and Catch Fire, AMC. I had never heard of it, it's in its third season.

It's a holiday here in Canada, i'm three episodes in and it's dope. I believe the show is very close to reality, it's basically telling the story of Compaq. Highly recommend

1 hour ago, jackie moon said:

oh shit new favourite show alert.

Last night I watched a netflix doc called Silicon Cowboys, about the Compaq PC company in the early 80's, taking on / ripping off IBM. The doc had a lot of references to one of my favourite shows, Sillicon Valley, but also another called Halt and Catch Fire, AMC. I had never heard of it, it's in its third season.

It's a holiday here in Canada, i'm three episodes in and it's dope. I believe the show is very close to reality, it's basically telling the story of Compaq. Highly recommend

great show that has gotten better with each season...2 more seasons to go and they are finished

30 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

who's watching The Leftovers?

is fucking outstanding

First season was good. Second season was otherworldly fantastic. This season is great but a slight step below season 2

23 minutes ago, sixes said:

First season was good. Second season was otherworldly fantastic. This season is great but a slight step below season 2

I'm loving it

2 hours ago, GnRLiars said:

I'm loving it

What makes it interesting is that they aren't following the normal narrative rules

1 hour ago, sixes said:

What makes it interesting is that they aren't following the normal narrative rules

yeah! absolutely 

very well done

the girl who plays Norah is fantastic

so is the guy who plays Kevin

2 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

yeah! absolutely 

very well done

the girl who plays Norah is fantastic

so is the guy who plays Kevin

She's also in this season of Fargo and doing a good job in an otherwise disappointing season

haven't started Fargo.

all the episodes are on my PVR.

I've heard mixed reviews about this season

But after seasons 1 & 2, its understandable if theres a bit of a drop off

halt & catch fire seriously dropped off after season 1, imo. Maybe I just enjoyed the subject matter in season 1 more. It was good while it lasted.

On 2017-05-28 at 4:24 PM, GnRLiars said:

haven't started Fargo.

all the episodes are on my PVR.

I've heard mixed reviews about this season

But after seasons 1 & 2, its understandable if theres a bit of a drop off

watched Fargo over the last few days - i loved it. I think it was on par with the first 2 series. Having McGregor play both brothers was a nice touch.

two comments:

1. the opening sequence in East Germany 1988 - am i right to assume that guy was innocent and was being questioned for the murder committed by the russian we meet later? i'm 95% sure thats what happened - he obviously came from the Ukraine, but it seems entirely disconnected from the rest of the show minus the bit where he meets his demons in the bowling alley - i guess that was the entire point? Seemed odd - just wondering if i missed something there.

2. only part of the show i didn't like was the entire woods chase scene - especially the bloodbath with the axe. entirely ridiculous.

Everything else was great

On 5/31/2017 at 5:58 PM, jackie moon said:

halt & catch fire seriously dropped off after season 1, imo. Maybe I just enjoyed the subject matter in season 1 more. It was good while it lasted.

last season starts in August

Bout to start watching The Defenders. 

As I've said before, Daredevil was fantastic, which is why it got two seasons.  The other 3 shows couldn't quite match DD, but they were each good in their own ways.  It'll be interesting to see how the collaboration goes.  And of course... The Punisher is in it to some extent to help advertise his show.  Cannot wait for that either.  

4 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I watched Twins with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito. It was horrible. 

You misspelled 'incredible'.