John Bonham

TV Party

2 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

...seven days...

new threat - if you don't watch The Staircase within 7 days, I'll let a bunch of old dudes fuck me, and thats on you!

You have 7 days!

Actually, let's reduce that to 7 hours.

Actually, let's reduce that to minus 7 years.

Random Marvel netflix shows ramblings:

I finished Iron Fist.  Definitely mixed feelings on that show.  Sometimes it was just silly and I had to laugh, seeing this scrawny hipster white kid keep announcing that he's the iron fist and beating people up like he's a master.  I'm not saying he needed to be roided out, but the actor definitely didn't work out very much.  I mean, the character is supposed to have been trained by monks for most of his life.  Some of the fight choreography was a little weak as well. 

It was okay.  Second half of the season lost some of the momentum of the first half, despite even more epic things happening.  But it definitely didn't sustain the momentum it was building towards earlier on.  It didn't quite have the finesse or payoff in the last episode.  And that's not a spoiler- you might disagree.  I dunno, but Daredevil was significantly better, in almost all respects- casting, acting, story, fight choreography, chemistry, characters.  The Punisher was awesome.  Kingpin was awesome.  That's not to say Iron Fist doesn't have compelling characters, but Daredevil has set the bar.  

Just started Jessica Jones... it's kind of shit so far.  Definitely fodder for the SJW thread.  I'm guessing Rotten Tomatoes gave it such a high score because of just that, but it's just plain trying too hard.  I guess all 4 series are going to have an Avengers-style collaboration, and no bullshit I think it's called 'The Defenders.'  It's both cool and shit.  

3 hours ago, altered beast said:

Just started Jessica Jones... it's kind of shit so far.

I watched the first half of the first episode and decided I was done with anything having to do with comic books for the foreseeable future.

3 hours ago, magisme said:

I watched the first half of the first episode and decided I was done with anything having to do with comic books for the foreseeable future.

Yeah... I'm on episode 3 and it's not getting much better.  However you should give Daredevil a try.  It really is pretty decent.  And like I said season 2 when the Punisher shows up... they don't skimp on the violence or otherwise water down his character.  

1 hour ago, altered beast said:

Yeah... I'm on episode 3 and it's not getting much better.  However you should give Daredevil a try.  It really is pretty decent.  And like I said season 2 when the Punisher shows up... they don't skimp on the violence or otherwise water down his character.  

I watched Daredevil because my brother wanted me to. I wouldn't have watched it on my own, but I'm glad I did. The hero and his crew were meh, but like you said, Kingpin and Punisher were sweet.

I am watching Criminal Minds because I love serial killers, crime suspense etc.

The main actor's real name is Mandy. Let me repeat that. An actor, not actress, is named Mandy. If my mom named me Mandy I would have committed matricide.

5 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

Fargo and Better Call Saul came back with new episodes this month !

i love both the shows so much .

the first 2 seasons of Fargo are among the best seasons of all time, I'm going to avoid watching until a few episodes build up.

Better Call Saul is amazing too - I like it more than Breaking Bad. Anybody agree?

16 minutes ago, jackie moon said:

Better Call Saul is amazing too - I like it more than Breaking Bad. Anybody agree?

Breaking Bad = overrated edgelord garbage

Saul = top notch

I nearly spit out my salami when that doctor called Mike a gringo on Better Call Saul last night. 

It led me to dream of Gunner

I just don't like Cranston and I didn't like the character. And I hated his family. I got through 3 seasons or so and stopped. It had moments, but I found myself annoyed more often than not while watching it.

I've been waiting to re-watch Breaking Bad.  I powered through it so fast, I'm sure I forgot a ton of things.  

My only real complaint was that stupid episode where walt tries to catch the fly.  Would've been better if he had accidentally ingested some of the meth and then was trying to chase the fly all tweaked out. 

2 hours ago, magisme said:

Is it just me or is Fargo shitting the bed this season? First two seasons were God tier.

It always starts really really slow and then punches you in the face.

53 minutes ago, magisme said:

I just don't like Cranston and I didn't like the character. And I hated his family. I got through 3 seasons or so and stopped. It had moments, but I found myself annoyed more often than not while watching it.

Same

I also felt the show was boring as all fuck

Better Call Saul is miles better

2 hours ago, magisme said:

Is it just me or is Fargo shitting the bed this season? First two seasons were God tier.

No, you're right, this season sucks. I just fell asleep 3 times trying to get thru this week's ep. Just deleted it off the weekly DVR list...