John Bonham

TV Party

On 1/21/2017 at 4:48 PM, arnold layne said:

Is it S12?

They put S11 on Netflix and I love it. 

Yeah. The water park episode is one of the best in the series.

On 1/29/2017 at 5:03 PM, Bill Brasky said:

Yeah. The water park episode is one of the best in the series.

Hero or Hate Crime is easily tied with Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person and The D.E.N.N.I.S System as my all time favorite episode. I thought the series lost steam once it moved to FXX (the cut kinda started on it's last season on FX), but fuckin ay the show's been back on top form these last two seasons. It's aging like a fine wine.

This has been my political escape for the past week, holy fuck it's a great show. I've not watched it for about 3 years or so, it's nice to catch up. Saw this posted today:

Season 1 of The X-Files (for free from the public library). I want to see if I can make it through the whole series. Stories aren't really intellectually stimulating but it was the best show of its kind at the time. Weird seeing it so many years later.

1 hour ago, meatpuppet said:

Season 1 of The X-Files (for free from the public library). I want to see if I can make it through the whole series. Stories aren't really intellectually stimulating but it was the best show of its kind at the time. Weird seeing it so many years later.

If you appreciate the subject matter you'll get by. For what it's worth, the writing is pretty poor, but David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson's dynamic makes up for it. 

You'll start to notice a pattern and it gets very predictable. Every so often though there will be an episode that you'll find satisfying. 

On 2017-03-05 at 8:06 PM, meatpuppet said:

i bought season 1 for $18 at walmart on a whim about 10 years ago, i'm not a sci fi guy but the show is a lot of stupid fun. I hope you get into it.

Last Man on Earth is back!

On 2017-03-07 at 5:08 PM, jackie moon said:

Last Man on Earth is back!

first episode back, fucking awesome... great new character introduced (Kirsten Wiig) - not a spoiler.

I think Mayday (discovery channel) is one of my favorite shows ever. I don't know why. All the episodes are interesting, and either end in disaster or heroism.

X-files S8. Not bad but it's sad to see show lose it's way from what it did best. I imagine this is what the TWD will would be like. And even this is almost 20 years old now.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, arnold layne said:

Every so often though there will be an episode that you'll find satisfying. 

I liked the psychedelic fungus episode a lot along with the amish one.

I hate to say it, but Last Man on Earth has really gone downhill.

It was much better when:

Tandy had entirely given up (hair, toilet pool)

Tandy had a crazy collection on famous things

I realize they probably had to grow the show to continue story lines, and i'm still into the show and will continue, but I miss Tuscon.

Tandy is just annoying now. He (in the show) is trying too hard, it was better when he gave zero fucks and was just focused on fucking Melissa.

I hope Kristen Wiig brings a refreshing element. I enjoyed her episode

14 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Louis CK 2017 is so fucking good.

Deep, deep shit.

Go watch that shit right now.

right after you watch The Staircase

I've just finished the last episode of the X files from season 9, and let's just say nobody learned what season finale tropes suck. Chris Carter wrote the episode which was a mistake. He wrote the worst episodes. I've yet to see S10, S7 and 1/2 of S4 but I think I'm done. I can say I'm more paranoid than I was before. A lot of the storyline seems real these days.

The show moving from Vancouver to LA made it less depressing. The absence of Mulder did that too since he was a downer most of the time. Apparently he got screwed out of royalties or something which was why he left.

2 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

It's not on Netflix. :/

In the official The Staircase thread i provided a link to watch all episodes online. If you don't, I'll murder your family. You have 7 days.