John Bonham

TV Party

I've been watching Shameless. What an amazing show. I don't know if I should laugh or cry

I just binge watched the first six seasons over the last few weeks. It has solidly entrenched itself into my top five series of all time.

The only real downer for me is they use the same formula on all the characters. They will use the first portion of the season to make you love a character. Then midway they will have that character go completely into a 180 degree turn. Fiona is awesome....now she is being a jerk. Lip is awesome....now he is being a prick. V is being a c*nt....now she is being awesome. Ian, Mickey - same thing. Mickey was a prick, then we like him, then back to a prick then back to being a nice guy. Its understandable why they do it, but the predictability makes it a little annoying.

"I'm not a boot pisser"....Carl owned season six!

I've watched up to season 4 on Netflix and have noticed this, too. The only character I can't bring myself to like is Frank, although he certainly is charismatic, charming, and likeable, that's what makes him so dangerous. In the end, he'll fuck everyone over to save himself.

I would like to take a moment to recognize just how amazing The Drew Carey Show was - a true cherished memory of my childhood.

Lewis, re nudity: "I don't see the big deal... you're born naked...you die naked..."

Kate (I think) "...Lewis, you don't die naked..."

Lewis "you do if you plan it right"

Amazing show and unfortunately its not available on DVD / online [to my knowledge] because it used a ton of licensed music, therefore too expensive to release.

But torrents to the rescue! A few years ago I downloaded seasons 2-4 and it was the best 2 weeks ever.

"PANAMA, by Van Halen" - if that means something to you, high five

The VMA's got me thinking about the below, not far off..

take a shit on the floor, time to get schwifty

amazing show, highly recommend

Edited by jackie moon

Season premier of the Simpsons last night was quite good.

It was a Mr Burns-centric show.

You can never go wrong when Burns is the focus.

The rest of the season will likely be shit, but last nights was good

Bloodline 2 was awesome. They really know how to keep the series going.

Shades of Blue is lighter but Lopez keeps getting naked and fucking dudes and she corrupt yo. The Orginal fembot is on fiah.

Finished Sherlock not too long ago. Last episode was fucked.

I've still so much to watch, think I only did the first three. Really need to get back to it.

I've been watching Shameless. What an amazing show. I don't know if I should laugh or cry

I just binge watched the first six seasons over the last few weeks. It has solidly entrenched itself into my top five series of all time.

The only real downer for me is they use the same formula on all the characters. They will use the first portion of the season to make you love a character. Then midway they will have that character go completely into a 180 degree turn. Fiona is awesome....now she is being a jerk. Lip is awesome....now he is being a prick. V is being a c*nt....now she is being awesome. Ian, Mickey - same thing. Mickey was a prick, then we like him, then back to a prick then back to being a nice guy. Its understandable why they do it, but the predictability makes it a little annoying.

"I'm not a boot pisser"....Carl owned season six!

Great show. Season 4 was the peak for me. Seasons 5 and 6 were a few steps away from jumping the shark, but I saw the season 7 premiere already and it looks promising. The opening scene alone was probably one of the most creative and unique things this shows done so far.

I hate to be that arrogant fuck that brags about how he was into a show long before it became a popular thing, but it's the third time it's happened to me, so suck a dick :lol:. I used to beg people to watch it years ago, and because it wasn't reddit trending "walking dead" tripe everyone and their mother knows, no one gave a shit. Now that it's on Netflix, I've had a ton of those same people come up to me like those conversations never happened. Like I never recommended the show umpteen times to them for four years. Same thing happened to me before Sunny and Breaking Bad gained that IT factor. Cock suckers. :lol:

All that being said, this shows far from perfect. It's riddled with some glaring plot holes (especially in seasons 5 & 6) and cases of cliche, corny dialogue. It's not universal and certainly not for everyone. It's hardly in the realm of Breaking Bad or The Sopranos, and falls more under "the best show you're not watching" more so than "the best show". That being said, it's a solid watch and I highly recommend any new comers to at least give the first 2-3 episodes the college try before making up your mind.

Edited by Bobbo

Why the hell didn't I get into Drunk History until yesterday? I meet the only two criteria: 1. I like to get drunk and 2. History was my favorite subject.

The history lessons are pretty amateur, wish they were more in depth but I still love it.

Wish they did WWII, Vietnam etc. I never get tired of it.

I was watching Quarry on Cinemax last nite. Is it the new show from team Banshee? If it is will be awesome.

Also I need to see Snowden.

I was watching Quarry on Cinemax last nite. Is it the new show from team Banshee? If it is will be awesome.

Also I need to see Snowden.

Yes it's Cinemax, HBO is carrying it in Canada.

I didn't know it was Team Banshee...

If that's the case, I'm in.

Banshee was great. Definitely one of my favourites the last few years

Edited by GnRLiars

Yeah it's the main guy from Banshee. Banshee was better than people thought I think. It looks a little shallow at first glance but by season 4 the characters were rich. But still great action and some shocking scenes especially with that serial killer. Also people get killed. They killed Lili Simmons.

Yeah it's the main guy from Banshee. Banshee was better than people thought I think. It looks a little shallow at first glance but by season 4 the characters were rich. But still great action and some shocking scenes especially with that serial killer. Also people get killed. They killed Lili Simmons.

haha  totally.

i started watching Banshee by accident. then it quickly became one of my favourites.

I've only seen 2 episodes of Quarry, but so far I'm hooked

I found Banshee on cinemax by accident. At first I thought it was trash but came to see it was just like pulp fiction. Not the most realistic show of all time but always delivered entertainment. And they didnt drag it out. More shows should have ended after 4 seasons.