John Bonham

TV Party

On 7/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, John Bonham said:

Watched s3e1 of Stranger Things.

Awful. Unbearable TV. WTF

I turned it off after 4 hours.   You pretty much summed it up.   Utter trash.

If nothing else, I really liked the soundtrack.

The show about kids playing D&D was a lot better than the show about horny teenagers.

When the best thing about your show is the opening credits sequence, you know it's not a good show.

I like how we, as an audience, as supposed to root for the girl as she violently murders her co-worker cause he was "mean" to her.

Sure, the guy was "possessed" but there was no need to fucking bludgeon the guy to death with a fire extinguisher.  At some point they'll kill the alien monster, and all the people they possess will go back to normal.   Well, not the people the "heroes" fucking MURDERED.

Oh wait, no, it's not murder cause he was a misogynist straight white male.

On 7/5/2019 at 12:41 AM, sixes said:

Solid run early on from Lucas thru The Age of Innocence.

Then went nutso, which made her hotness go from a 1 to a respectable 6.5

Now, she looks, dresses and acts like a retired Jew in early 80s Florida, which has raised her hotness to an 8

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d215aa43042676f67

I thought the first episode OK other than the newspaper boy's club wokeness. Knowing now how willing fembots are to lie, I'm close to convinced that scenes like those, with the poor underappreciated, underestimated girl serving as the butt to the men's jokes, literally never occurred in reality.

no, it's a netflix show so it's sprinkled with its mandatory quota of wokeness, but if you enjoyed the last season at all you'll like this one

hopper and winona still carry the show in the acting department, the kids are still hilarious, the music and production value are still top notch, the plot is still delightfully corny

and as one of those dead mall weirdos i loved starcourt mall

the monster reminded me of shin godzilla

s1: 9/10 (a classic in its own right and honestly the show should have ended here)

s2: 6/10 (only watched it once in le ebin binge fashion, directly after binging s1, so i might have just been running on fumes)

s3: 7/10 (just good enough to justify the continued existence of the show i guess?)

next season: an even BIGGER demogorgon

i want a youtube video that's just a compilation of fat people on the price is right trying to feign enthusiasm when their prize is a home gym or some other type of exercise/active equipment

Rich Hall’s California Stars.

Not a bad round up of the history of California/Hollywood.

Makes a solid point about the future. 

5 episodes into new Stranger Things. Still not mad. Nancy is shit, and that little black girl has to go back, but it's fun otherwise.

Hopper is the Fat Axl of law enforcement.