John Bonham

TV Party

On 6/27/2019 at 10:56 PM, sixes said:

Very cool. I loved the first season. It was a slow burn but a good slow burn

I shut off episode 1 when some chick talks about how guys are threatened by women in power or something. Premature abandon ship?

i don't know how you people watch so much tv

i literally have nothing but free time and still haven't started season 1 of any of the dime-a-dozen netflix shows i have downloaded

guess i'm more of a movie person

3 hours ago, magisme said:

I shut off episode 1 when some chick talks about how guys are threatened by women in power or something. Premature abandon ship?

absolutely

I don’t think the Netflix shows are as good as the HBO stable. TV is dead. Movies died somewhere in the 90s. 

my internet connection when i'm downloading random shit i'm never going to watch but like having in my library for autism's sake

b56d62c2a5.jpg

my internet connection when i'm downloading a show i've been waiting a year for the next season of

11icwhna8ez11.jpg

6 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Watched s3e1 of Stranger Things.

Awful. Unbearable TV. WTF

it gets better but there's a truly insufferable little black girl who comes in later (i'm at ep 6)

4 hours ago, Alex Trebek said:

@sixes thoughts on schizo milf winona ryder?

Solid run early on from Lucas thru The Age of Innocence.

Then went nutso, which made her hotness go from a 1 to a respectable 6.5

Now, she looks, dresses and acts like a retired Jew in early 80s Florida, which has raised her hotness to an 8

Back to radio. What was before radio? Dominos? Charades?

Tic Tok is just sending each other videos of dancing. 

Eating pizza is my final destination. Reading pizza menu in bed is a statement. 

Or like Harry Dean Stanton in Paris, Texas. He just sits there with a cocktail and says “This is all there is”

25 minutes ago, Alex Trebek said:

i barely even know what tiktok is

is this stage 1 boomerism?

Yes.

Old Town Road was made on Tik Tok as a joke but somehow it became a hit. But mainly it seems like little kids sharing videos of themselves dressed as animals dancing to techno. It’s very disturbing. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Old Town Road was made on Tik Tok as a joke but somehow it became a hit

That's the one thing I knew about it. From your description it sounds like Vine?

I haven't even heard this Old Town Road song. It is a collaboration between some gay rapper and Billy Ray Cyrus? Nate Dogg, we miss you! 

2 hours ago, Alex Trebek said:

That's the one thing I knew about it. From your description it sounds like Vine?

Vine for furries. Vine seemed more serious. Tik Tok is for 8 year olds? 

50 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

I haven't even heard this Old Town Road song. It is a collaboration between some gay rapper and Billy Ray Cyrus? Nate Dogg, we miss you! 

Not sure it’s strictly a collab because its like soundcloud. Nas X just used part of Billy rays song to make a mumble rap song without consent. They just throw stuff like this up all the time. He said it was more like a meme or joke song at first. But because it wasn’t country enough for the sectiion it was in it got taken down. That’s when it got attention. That’s when Biily ray said he supported it. It’s still the same 2 Live Crew. Too dangerous for Tik Tok. Theres a whole genre race issue which I don’t get as well. 

For those not in the know, snippets of songs are used to overlay onto user-created videos, similar to Vines. TikTok users can grab songs from other people’s videos too, perpetuating the same song snippets to be used by millions. “I promoted the song as a meme for months until it caught on to TikTok and it became way bigger”, said Lil Nas X to Time. After being adopted by the TikTok audience, the country-trap banger saw a quick chart rise.

sounds like mixing videos. Cease n desist x10000000

2 minutes ago, Alex Trebek said:

Old Town Road originally only sampled NIN. Billy Ray was added in the remix to add country credibility.

It’s all done ad hoc? Nobody said lets do a remix. They just use tik tok to throw up homemade video songs. I have no idea. So if Evader goes on Tik Tok and mixes SCOM with Drake it could be a hit if everyone signs off on it.