Sign in to follow this  
Tom!

Documentaries

Dig!

Not a true documentary but has interesting scenes.

This was a pretty good one.

I wonder what you mean by not a "True" documentary?

So I watched 2 documentaries recently on Netflix.

The Amanda Knox one was okay. She is fucking crazy though.

The other was called Soaked in Bleach and was awesome. It was about the murder not sucide of Kurt Cobain.

had a a great gnr did you know moment in it to. Did you know one of Kurt Cobain's alias for hotels was Bill Bailey !

I watched that Soaked in Bleach a lot. I love how they paint Courtney. I just enjoy the movie so much more than Montage of heck.

The shit about the handwriting is huge! But I think Courtney did it to control the media. He probably didnt mention her. But it being a diary entry too. Theres pics of him with a gun in his mouth.

How about the 3 times the overdose level of heroin for a junkie they found in his blood ?

How the fuck could he do anything let alone shoot a shotgun.

Also the phone calls between Courtney and Dylan were shady as fuck.

And once again shit incompetent police work.

I think Courtney was sort of leading the detective away while she worked on the letter. Or Cali was doing it. None of them are trustworthy because they are junkies.

3 times is possible. If he was real quick.

There was nothing much about how or when the note was written.

Courtney paid for Cali to go to rehab. He was their nanny! Junkie nanny.

The note tampering really gets me because it's proof of deception. There's no need to be doing that.

The more you think about it the more she had him killed. But because of the media and junkies it gets distorted. Courtney was so full of shit it's hard to say.

It's almost a True Detective type movie. Rust would want to go back into the case.

Citizen Koch was alright.

I don't think anyone here will appreciate it because it just trashes Wisconsin politics.

Wisconsin is a shit hole though. I had to live there for four years, and now I understand why alcoholism and serial killers are issues. Place just sucks.

Dig!

Not a true documentary but has interesting scenes.

This was a pretty good one.

I wonder what you mean by not a "True" documentary?

I'm regurgitating Courtney Taylor-Taylor's own words. Actually, it made people sympathetic for Anton and dislike the Dandys. Courtney didn't distance himself until it made them look uncool but he is kind of right. It is a reel of sensational highlights over many years.

Did it make Dandy's look bad though? They looked normal whereas JTM looked like the real deal. They are bands at almost complete opposites of the spectrum?

Anton in the Dandy Warhols would have been interesting. Tunes and crazy genius.

At the time, the Dandy's were riding high on their radio hits and Courtney was supercilious about it. Over time it made them look smug, and the hits stopped coming. There's nothing more uncool than being cool. Courtney later referred to it as a movie and admitted they didn't look likeable. I prefer the Dandys over BJM but I've come across random mentions of BJM on social media far more often than the Dandys.

I think Anton did share the stage with Dandy's at times so there are things omitted from the film. It would have been interesting to see them collaborate. Courtney wanted to drum for GN'R and asked Axl about a reunion.

Who Took Johnny was a good watch.

I haven't watched that yet but his mother is bat shit crazy. Now that its on my mind thanks to you I should move it up my list of things to watch. His mother's descent into madness is almost as tragic as his disappearance.

The story begs to be made into a major film.

holy fuck, Tickled (HBO) was awesome. I highly recommend. Dark turns. I thought i had it figured out. I was almost right.

Fuck the outcome and darkness, I say we form a team. who is with me!?

I'm really excited for PBS American Experience - The Great War, a 6 hour, 3 night doc starting tomorrow. American Experience is a great series. Their episode on the Oklahoma City bombing was fantastic.

Bringing this back from the brink

some good documentaries:

Iceman

Cocaine cowboys (1980s drug cartel in miami)

Watched Icarus on netflix last night. It's easily the best documentary I have seen all year. Don't bother reading about it. Just hit play and thank me later.

Since everyone on this site hates feminists I would recommend Dear Zachary

And I would say West of Memphis, Searching for Sugarman, Jiro Dreams of Sushi, The Imposter, Inside Job

The Search for General Tso is good if you like mindless entertainment about Chinese food

38 minutes ago, Sauerkraut said:

Since everyone on this site hates feminists I would recommend Dear Zachary

And I would say West of Memphis, Searching for Sugarman, Jiro Dreams of Sushi, The Imposter, Inside Job

The Search for General Tso is good if you like mindless entertainment about Chinese food

I hate everyone. Feminists aren't special.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:26 AM, Donald Trump said:

Cocaine Cowboys is the finest documenary ever made. 

I later found out that Roberts was a lot darker than he appeared in the documentary which makes more sense. He has a book or something.

6 hours ago, meatpuppet said:

I later found out that Roberts was a lot darker than he appeared in the documentary which makes more sense. He has a book or something.

Yes. I have his book. Dude was a psychopath.