The Simpsons Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wrestling was never my thing but I will always appreciate the weird gifs and videos @Dr. Strangelove, @Bill Brasky, and @Conor post. 

new ink fellas

Wow dad, you killed Zombie Flanders. He was a zombie?

Posted Images

Word.  This asshole isn't even "ranking" shit...he's just saying..."this one was good, this one was bad."  LAME.

This clip popped up in my feed.  It's from an ancient episode in season one, that I haven't rewatched in fucking forever cause in all honesty, season one is rather shit.

But people were going gaga over how well the babysitter's facial movements were animated.  It was an extreme oddity for Simpsons to see such over-exaggerated facial animation like that.  But it was the first season...they were still working out the kinks.    Still, pretty fascinating little piece of Simpsons history.

• 3 weeks later...

What was the last funny season? I really liked season 16 with a Super Mario cameo. For some reasons they didnt use the same writers after that, i think. It had a great gag writing. Like Homer singing 99 Luftballons. After that i never laughed again on a Simpsons season. The movie was horrible, too. 

On 12/31/2020 at 2:16 AM, arnold layne said:

This show is so fucking bad. It makes me angry. The Simpsons was my favorite show almost twenty years ago. And now it is so bad. 

Political correctness has ruined this show. I was shocked when they showed Jimbo and Curly drinking beer this season. I am sure a privilege of Karens will all write furious emails to Disney and FOX in protest. 

The sad thing is that it is totally salvageable. They just need new writers. Bring back Conan O'Brien. Bring back nineties has beens. Matt Groening obviously has nothing to do with this smoking turd anymore and it shows. 

It must be written by women.

Nah, not political correctness. the dialogues and gag writing are the main problems. Conan had done his best work on Simpsons, imo. The University Episode is the funniest episode ever. 

Watching the Simpsons now is really akward, cause the characters doesnt behave like they did in the past. As a former viewer you think after only two lines: Come on, Homer wouldnt say that... It's almost cringe. The gag writers are insanely awful. But that's Hollywood nowdays. Comedy is dead. Simpsons also had very lovely moral stories in the past. Its all gone. This show makes no sense anymore. 

9 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Plenty of later seasons had good or even great episodes.  Hell, if you still watch it now, about once or twice a year there are even funny moments.

But there hasn't been a consistently funny season since it was still in single digits.

The digital super 4k clean look is also a problem in movies. Its not a good visual experience at all. Thats why Logan f.ex was good, cause it shows a fucked up  and brutal Hugh Jackman. People wanna see that. If I wanna see perfect pictures I can buy a magazine with photoshop all over the place...i think the shit started with the Simpsons movie. 

7 hours ago, creed said:

Fake news. Never happened

People do this shit all the time. They made one with the Capitol guy with the horns as Willy, too. And enough people send it around because nobody checks up on the social media shit they share. "HOLY SHIT REALLY?! (share with millions of people).

Another shitty episode this week, but made even worse by exploiting the viewer's feelings about Mrs. Krabapple/Marcia Wallace by centering an episode around her.  SIX YEARS after she died.  

What the hell is that all about?

The very end was a nice tribute, but isn't it about 6 years too late?  Ridiculous.

Also, we're just a few episodes away from the 700th.  Good christ I can't believe I watched them all.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:45 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

Word.  This asshole isn't even "ranking" shit...he's just saying..."this one was good, this one was bad."  LAME.

This clip popped up in my feed.  It's from an ancient episode in season one, that I haven't rewatched in fucking forever cause in all honesty, season one is rather shit.

But people were going gaga over how well the babysitter's facial movements were animated.  It was an extreme oddity for Simpsons to see such over-exaggerated facial animation like that.  But it was the first season...they were still working out the kinks.    Still, pretty fascinating little piece of Simpsons history.

I give you the first episode is shit, but season 1 is full of jewels!

Bart vs Neslon

Homer and the belly dancer

Krusty/Sideshow beef

Therapy with Marvin Monroe

RV episode - living in the wild

Marge being a hoe with the bowling guy

Bart cheating the test.

Criminal babysitter

Beheaded statue

Maybe they’re not as good as I remember them? To be honest I haven’t watched them in many years so it could be all nostalgia.

Up to season 4-5 the subject matter was more mature and less fucking dumb. That’s the holy grail. Beyond that there are very good seasons and great episodes, but nothing consistently as good.

Well, to paraphrase Cardi, the new black they got for Carl does a pretty good job.  I honestly forget it's even him until I see a strange name in the credits.

Problem with the guy they got for Hibbert is he only has one voice.  He's the principal on American Dad....just a black dude with a super deep voice.  That's NOT Dr. Hibbert.

I'll wait to see if he can sound anything remotely like Dr. Hibbert, but I'm predicting he's gonna use the only voice he knows how to do.

GodDAMN those fucking SJW faggots are so fucking stupid.