Jackie Moon Presents: The Combat Sports (WWE/MMA) Thread of Excellence

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when the head of the fed is getting worked into a shoot by mr garrison it might be time to close up shop

I watched the Rumble at someone's house tonight. There was a super hardcore wrestling fan there. He got SO. PISSED. when Santino came out in the ladies rumble. "Let's just set women's wrestling back 5

Took the family to a WWE show.  Most of the men’s matches were pretty fun to watch. Roman Reigns was the feature match. The Flair daughter looked impressive.    Overall though the women’s wr

Posted Images

Seriously though, did they learn absolutely nothing from TNA? As great as Big Show is, his days of being a major player are over. It does nothing for anyone to beat him because they just beat an out of his prime legend. It makes them look worse when they lose to him too. Perception is key, and the perception that an old WWE wrestler is needed to legitimize your shit project does more harm than good. They're going to get what they deserve.

As long as they don't do what WCW and TNA fucked up doing, giving the old guys total creative control, I don't see anything wrong with vets jumping ship. Early on when it was happening in WCW I feel like it was the opposite of what you're saying. Rather than needing the oldies to be legitimate, it shows they're legitimate enough to attract a vet. All depends on booking and writing I guess. I haven't watched wrestling in god know how long though.

Neither Khan nor Cody are competent leaders to make AEW anything more than a B show and unwitting alternate farm league for WWE.

WWE is a sinking ship anyway but there’s enough institutional knowledge there to keep the thing afloat for as long as possible.

1 hour ago, AxlisOld said:

As long as they don't do what WCW and TNA fucked up doing, giving the old guys total creative control, I don't see anything wrong with vets jumping ship. Early on when it was happening in WCW I feel like it was the opposite of what you're saying. Rather than needing the oldies to be legitimate, it shows they're legitimate enough to attract a vet. All depends on booking and writing I guess. I haven't watched wrestling in god know how long though.

WCW was taking CURRENT WWF main eventers, not old guys that were hardly on TV. That's why they succeeded where everyone else has failed. Making your company look like a retirement home isn't good regardless of creative, and AEW's creative absolutely sucks to begin with. 

1 hour ago, bacardimayne said:

cant wait for big show and JR on commentary burying the vanilla midgets of aew

He's on commentary with Schiavonne (if that's how you spell it) on a fucking Youtube show. Already treating him 2nd rate.