jackie moon

Jackie Moon Presents: The Combat Sports (WWE/MMA) Thread of Excellence

>Vince and Roman's family go way back
>Vince probably knew Roman when he was first diagnosed
>He probably visited him when he was in the hospital
>Roman was terrified but Vince was there to console him
>Vince tells him he knows Roman will beat cancer, and one day he'll come work for the WWE and be his top star
>Vince isn't sure if he believes what he's saying but it doesn't matter because Roman may not even make it anyway
>but Roman pulls through
>he trains and pushes himself towards the dream Vince promised him on what could have been his death bed
>Vince signs him to developmental to do good on his word and show how proud he truly is of him
>turns out Roman is pretty good, maybe even main event quality
>Vince couldn't be prouder and pushes Roman to the moon
>It's like destiny
>Roman somehow miraculously achieves his dream
>...and you booed
>You wouldn't stop booing
>Every moment of his that should have been the greatest day of his life, maybe even better than the day he found out he was in remission
>The Royal Rumbles and the Wrestlemanias
>You kept booing
>You never let him have his moment
>Now he's gone from the business and likely will never return
>There's a good chance he'll die
>All he wanted was his moment. To finally truly achieve his dream
>And you couldn't let him have it
>Not even once

Did anyone watch that shit Devolution ppv? Couldnt bring myself to do it. Wish we had access to Network views so I could laugh at it for doing worse than All In.

32 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

Did anyone watch that shit Devolution ppv? Couldnt bring myself to do it. Wish we had access to Network views so I could laugh at it for doing worse than All In.

I watched it

On 9/6/2018 at 4:53 AM, sixes said:

Wrestling fan myth #1: Jake Roberts is a master of psychology

:lol: How did I miss this?

Every wrestler ever - 'Jake was the best at psychology in the world!!!'

Sixes - 'Jake was overrated for his psychology, but that women's PPV sure was swell.'

You're the best, man.

Bryan vs Lesnar at Survivor Series

Should be a dream match but Vince is mad at Bryan for not going to Saudi Arabia so it's probably gonna be a squash

Sigh

On 1/7/2019 at 3:33 AM, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

I had just finished watching the Red Wings when I spotted this video yesterday.

Figured I'd give Priscilla Kelly a plug.

Funniest wrestling stunt ever, period.

This might be the greatest gimmick ever.  Fucking spectacular!   

Pretty sure a promotion based around old WWE stars and rejects already failed when it was called TNA. On a bright note though, we'll get to see if adding appealing to the dumbass dirtsheet marks makes any difference. My sources say no.

My hope is that they'll bring the old school style back, the slow build, while incorporating some of the new style.  You're right about TNA, but that has always been awful.  It also came about at a time when wrestling had just collapsed.  It was basically the equivalent of the first springs of life after a volcanic eruption or nuclear blast.  All the non-WWE wrestlers were well past their prime, or inexperienced and unbelieveable.  Now, 20 years  they've long since retired, died, or they are seasoned veterans, almost like when the WWF got big in the 80's and had that all-star roster.  In addition to AEW, there are a lot of other options out there that are easily accessible.  A luxury we wrestling fans have never had.  ROH and IMPACT are established promotions with 20 year histories. MLW puts on a good show.  Booker T's ROW is a good show.  Between the Fite app and YouTube, there's no reason to watch the same old WWE storyline of the evil Mcmahon bullshit.  Hopefully, the AEW will at least provide some real competition and push them to be better.  The WWE is so pasteurized now, it's unwatchable, even with all of the talent they have.  The cable companies will catch on to this wave of wrestling popularity, give these companies tv contracts, the passionate fans will tune in, the young WWE fans will see something different and realize  shit WWE is, and McMahon will be in another, different war with the territories.