jackie moon

Jackie Moon Presents: The Combat Sports (WWE/MMA) Thread of Excellence

damnit i meant to say erections, goddamn autocorrect.

Okay, whatever, point ls, lets get hard. lets get real hard. Not like,Nate Diaz hard. That's hard like, ruins your life- get shot at Dairy Queen.

Lets get hard like, macho man, where we enjoy it.

Let me try to get back on track;

THIS IS A THREAD IN WHICH TO DISCUSS COMBAT SPORTS - MIXED MARTIAL ARTS AND PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING

and if you don't believe pro wrestling is a combat sport, kindly go fuck yourself.

I'll start with saying this - JDS looked fantastic vs Rothwell. I really thought Big Ben would win. I really did. I bet on him. But JDS's boxing was fantastic, and his body shots were a bigger factor than most realized.

Derrick Lewis is terrifying / hilarious (social media follow him!) - his KO's are always hilarious.

In pro wrestling - Big Cass and Enzo just appeared on RAW - and you cant. teach that.

Ronda Rousey, or whatever that cow is called, getting knocked the fuck out was pure poetry.

It was honestly the best - she was such a raging bitch. I mean, I believe she is a nice girl in her heart, but obviously troubled, but she went to far - was a huge bitch. Got fucked up.

She is making huge mistakes in reaction to that loss - staying with her coach - between round 1/2 "you're doing great, champ!" Camon son, she was already KO'd. 

Holly Holm did something great - amazing moment. But then Meisha Tate did something amazing, i've not been a huge fan of hers in the past, but she was losing her title shot and in minute 24 of 25, she went for it, and choked her out.

But Amanda Nunes is a real threat - UFC 200 will be interesting.

Conor and I have tried countless wrestling threads here over the years

I know. They didn't catch on. But they were not "The Jackie Moon" thread of... this will be a great success. Or i'll kill you before the tumor / meatball subs do.

I find it funny so many hyped people fall from grace so precipitously. Carano, Kimbo Slice, Lesnar, Rousey. They don't last long at the top.

Conor and I have tried countless wrestling threads here over the years

But Jackie partially named the thread after himself, which automatically makes it more appealing to wresting/ufc outsiders.

I find it funny so many hyped people fall from grace so precipitously. Carano, Kimbo Slice, Lesnar, Rousey. They don't last long at the top.

Hopefully McGregor is next. He got exposed big time by Diaz. He's only good in a weight class that he walks around 40 pounds heavier than. The immediate rematch, plus still letting him keep the Featherweight title is hilarious. I hope Diaz knocks him out this time.

Edited by bacardimayne

I apologise for Conor McGregor on behalf of the people of Ireland. Half the country think he's a twat and the other half think he's god, hopefully him getting knocked out will silence the latter and put an end to the epidemic of McGregor lookalikes roaming the streets.

Now if only someone could knock Bono out too everything would be right in the world again.

And yeah, it's a common trend. UFC is similar to WWE in so many ways. They try so hard to "push" people that they see as marketable (McGregor, Kimbo, Brock), giving them easy ladders to title fights and giving them immediate rematches when they lose decisively. Where the fuck is Aldo's rematch?

Pro Wrestling has been very bad lately i used to be a fanatic about it. I have been to 3 shows in the last 2 years. My son loves it though so i watch it alot.

MMA has gone way down hill.

The last fight that i was pumped up for was Jones vs Cormier and last fight i watched live was Shamrock vs Gracie  Kimbo vs Dada 5000.

thats the beautiful part of MMA though - you can't fake it. You can talk your dick off, but when the door closes, if you're not the best, or at least better than the guy/girl opposite you, you'll get worked.

Rousey got a major push. Guess what, hollywood? Holly Holm was better.

Lesnar - the beast! LOL, okay! Fight Overeem, and you'll be shitting blood for a week.

Diaz will beat Conor again, i believe / hope. I was shocked when he beat him. Conor was hitting him with shots, which i expected, but i did not expect the upgrade in weight class  to factor in so much (155, NOT 170, they fought at 170, but it was a 155 fight without weightcutting)... Conor fought a 155'er, and he took his shots, smiled, and let him gas. Rocked him with a punch, made him look like a snail on the ground.... That's amazing.

Conor should do whatever he can to stay at 145 / avoid Frankie Edgar. He should be begging for an Aldo rematch - then retire.

Is this shit a sport?

In the middle age, maybe ....

is this shit a sport?

in the middle age, maybe...

is this shit a sport?

in the middle age, maybe...

junior seau -NFL

derek boogaard -NHL

bobby probart -NHL

mike webster -NFL

They clearly died via their sports...didnt die in the ring, or in the arena, but the NHL / NFL killed those people...

I cringe more watching NFL and NHL than i do when i watch MMA - at least in MMA they are defending themselves - watch NHL or NFL and you'll see little to no physical defense - MMa should be rooted in this principal 'dont take damage - and win' - guys like Dominick Cruz, Lyoto Machida, Demetrius Johnson, they are the gold standard. the "stand and bang, bro" fighters should be discouraged - no one wants to see you absorb brain damage! Demien Meia - world class grappler - gets a hold of guys and strangles them - he has for sure taken a few shots... no one has died in a UFC fight - why? they are good - they are experienced, trained, and know what they're doing - the guys who die, die in these amateurish promotions...

NHL - 82 games a year? body checks?

NFL - 16 games a year + playoffs? play after play of physical contact?

I'm not against any of them - the brain trauma is part of the game - people die in all sorts of way - get too drunk after friday drinks, drive your car into a family of 5, shame for your family for life.

smoke too much - get lung cancer, die deader than fuck

get a job on a lobster boat, get foot caught in rope, drown your dick off.

it's a gamble - be successful, you could be set for life, or your brain could be scrambled and you could lose everything.

my thought is this-

NFL - no body contact until college - you can identify who has potential in professional ranks via flag football - who is fast, who can catch? don't have junior / high school kids hitting one another

same in hockey - don't have them hitting until 17+, and that is being generous

MMA - no one should be taking head shots until they're 20.

Edited by jackie moon

junior seau -NFL

derek boogaard -NHL

bobby probart -NHL

mike webster -NFL

They clearly died via their sports...didnt die in the ring, or in the arena, but the NHL / NFL killed those people...

I cringe more watching NFL and NHL than i do when i watch MMA - at least in MMA they are defending themselves - watch NHL or NFL and you'll see little to no physical defense - MMa should be rooted in this principal 'dont take damage - and win' - guys like Dominick Cruz, Lyoto Machida, Demetrius Johnson, they are the gold standard. the "stand and bang, bro" fighters should be discouraged - no one wants to see you absorb brain damage! Demien Meia - world class grappler - gets a hold of guys and strangles them - he has for sure taken a few shots... no one has died in a UFC fight - why? they are good - they are experienced, trained, and know what they're doing - the guys who die, die in these amateurish promotions...

NHL - 82 games a year? body checks?

NFL - 16 games a year + playoffs? play after play of physical contact?

I'm not against any of them - the brain trauma is part of the game - people die in all sorts of way - get too drunk after friday drinks, drive your car into a family of 5, shame for your family for life.

smoke too much - get lung cancer, die deader than fuck

get a job on a lobster boat, get foot caught in rope, drown your dick off.

it's a gamble - be successful, you could be set for life, or your brain could be scrambled and you could lose everything.

my thought is this-

NFL - no body contact until college - you can identify who has potential in professional ranks via flag football - who is fast, who can catch? don't have junior / high school kids hitting one another

Honestly though, you're talking to a Portugese person. They probably think Ice Hockey and Am. Football are just as barbaric as MMA (and they are). If you want to get through to him, you'll have to find the violent parts of Portugese sports, such as soccer and hoarding GNR songs.

This isnt a sport, this a barbarity.

It should be banned from modern, civilized societies... Like bullfighting, cockfighting and so on.

But thats what we get when theres too much money and small dicks involved.

my thought is this-

I won't pretend to know much about NFL, I'll watch a couple games a year but that's it. However in terms of the no body contact until college, they suggested doing that over here for rugby and it's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard, and I think would actually do a lot more harm than good. Again, I might be wrong in making the direct comparison, but here it's hugely important that you teach young players how to tackle properly. Bad tackling technique leads to injuries, and if you throw out a bunch of 18 year olds who are fast, strong and heavy with no idea of proper tackling technique because they've never been able to learn and practice it naturally, you're going to kill someone. 

I'm all for protecting players and everything, but I don't think banning contact like that is the way to go about it. I'm glad there's a much stricter policy regarding head injuries now though, and that's come on leaps and bounds in the last five or ten years.

I think this is all a setup- McGregor vs Diaz 2 that is.  I see McGregor winning the rematch.  And then UFC can have a lovely story about how Conor trained so hard, and adapted his game to the higher weight, and conditioned his oxygen muscle replenishment, blah blah blah.  I'm not saying it's fixed, but I have my doubts about the true legitimacy of this oddball rematch.  What weight are they fighting at for the next bout?  

I liked in the first fight how even though the Irishman was getting good shots in, there were a few times Diaz just smiled and made some hand gestures.  Good stuff.    

my thought is this-

I won't pretend to know much about NFL, I'll watch a couple games a year but that's it. However in terms of the no body contact until college, they suggested doing that over here for rugby and it's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard, and I think would actually do a lot more harm than good. Again, I might be wrong in making the direct comparison, but here it's hugely important that you teach young players how to tackle properly. Bad tackling technique leads to injuries, and if you throw out a bunch of 18 year olds who are fast, strong and heavy with no idea of proper tackling technique because they've never been able to learn and practice it naturally, you're going to kill someone. 

I'm all for protecting players and everything, but I don't think banning contact like that is the way to go about it. I'm glad there's a much stricter policy regarding head injuries now though, and that's come on leaps and bounds in the last five or ten years.

I play ice hockey, i've played since i was 11 - same debate is had - and people say the same thing "you need to teach them to hit at a young age!"

you can't teach a person to take / give a hit at 18? really? the moment has passed? I always felt that was just a stupid redneck argument, no offense, not calling you a stupid redneck, just saying - i've only heard this from stupid rednecks.

I think this is all a setup- McGregor vs Diaz 2 that is.  I see McGregor winning the rematch.  And then UFC can have a lovely story about how Conor trained so hard, and adapted his game to the higher weight, and conditioned his oxygen muscle replenishment, blah blah blah.  I'm not saying it's fixed, but I have my doubts about the true legitimacy of this oddball rematch.  What weight are they fighting at for the next bout?  

I liked in the first fight how even though the Irishman was getting good shots in, there were a few times Diaz just smiled and made some hand gestures.  Good stuff.    

Nate is going to fuck him up. MacGregor dun goofed - he should have begged for Aldo 2. Everyone else will be a problem for him.

Edited by jackie moon