Sign in to follow this  
magisme

MLB 2016 Discussion

Yanks and Red Sox this weekend. Hoping for another sweep. This Yankee team cannot score and it's hilarious.

Porcello gets the start tonight. He's been pretty stable this season. It's nice to see him bounce back.

Price's ERA - 6.14 

He's had 6 starts so far.

1 million dollars per start seems like a little much at this point in time. :lol: But the season is still young.

I wish I enjoyed baseball like I used to. Probably 3-4 years ago I just completely lost interest in it.

I still very much enjoy going to games (Went to Wrigley for the first time ever last year!) I just can't seem to sit down and watch a whole game when its on tv.

Too many Sox fans on this site though  :max:

Gee, we sweep them one weekend, and we might get swept this weekend. 

Steven Wright has been amazing so far this year, so hopefully he can take care of this weak ass yanks team.

And...

Awwwwwww

o8PHYfo.jpg

Is Ortiz still going to retire if he has a 1.000 + OPS at the end of the season?

I hope Papi goes out strong. Leave em wanting more.

But will he make the HOF? The DH will hurt him a bit and being on the Mitchell Report will surely hurt too.

I'm Canadian - huge Jays fan - loved the Jose bat flip....

Don't blame Odor one bit for clocking him.

any holy shit - that was a clean shot. That was MacGregor - Aldo territory!

Hope they meet in the playoffs hehehehe

I have this fantasy where the Mets trade Harvey and a couple prospects for Mookie and Xander.

:lolzers:

Funny thing is, 2 and half years a go that'd have been so one sided the other was. 

I'm rooting for Harvey. He should be doing a shit ton cardio on his non throwing days, and getting his head right.

I love seeing Campbell in the lineup again. He gets unfairly bashed. I don't think he's an everyday player, but he could be a solid utility guy for a number of teams.

I'm biased because he's a local guy.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/mets-eric-campbell-is-baseballs-unluckiest-hitter-1456530597

Campbell definitely isn't a starter. When he's in the lineup, the lineup looks weak. He's definitely useful as a bench guy, though. He plays competently at both corner infield positions and he's good for spot starts against lefties. Problem is that Wright pretty much only hits lefties - although he has a homer off a righty today - so Campbell's not quite as useful as he could be with the Mets. 

Harvey is getting killed for dodging the media last night.

Syndegaard got thrown out of the game for throwing behind Utley's back. I hope the umpire gets sent to Single A ball.

Beltran 4th player with 2500 hits, 400 hr, 300 sb, 1000 bb

and he has no shot whatsoever of making the hall of fame

And he was one of the best fielding centerfielders in baseball for quite some time.

He might . Beltran never wrapped up or accused of using PED's to knowledge. Plus played in big baseball markets parts of his career.

He might . Beltran never wrapped up or accused of using PED's to knowledge. Plus played in big baseball markets parts of his career.

will forever be remembered for looking at strike 3

i will say he gets around 15% of the vote his first year and hovers around that percentage for the duration and will likely fall off the ballot midway thru his eligibility

if someone like Larry Walker can't get in and can't even get 30% of the vote, Beltran has no shot at all

Walker was in Colorado majority of his career which is huge strike because that park inflates numbers.

Also was jacked up guy who had his prime in the heart of the steroid era.

Beltran vastly more skilled player.

Walker was in Colorado majority of his career which is huge strike because that park inflates numbers.

no

no

Can ya be tad more specific on your no ?

The whole steroid era is just a mess. I still don't know what to think of it.

Walker is a HOF player imo, but Coors Field should be burned to the ground and the Rockies shouldn't exist.

The whole steroid era is just a mess. I still don't know what to think of it.

Walker is a HOF player imo, but Coors Field should be burned to the ground and the Rockies shouldn't exist.

It makes me appreciate how great Ken Griffey Jr was . He would have 800 home runs if not for injury and he did it clean. Greatest player of our generation.

I still love Barry Bonds for some reason. In my mind he's more responsible than anyone for ending that era. He was like, "Brady Anderson and Luis Gonzalez hit 50? lol Sammy Sosa hits 600? Fuck y'all. You want to get stupid? Let's see what happens when the G-O-D juices." :lol:

Barry Bonds was going to be a hall fame no matter what one of the best players ever.

The person im surprised dose not get more shit from that era is Nomar Garciaparra he was such a steroid user and no one ever call him out for it.

Before

nomar1.jpg

After

nomar-garcia-red-sox-si_display_image.jp