Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
magisme

MLB 2016 Discussion

Recommended Posts

MLB has propossed the national league go to the DH and that relief pitchers MUST pitch to three batters before being removed.  The problem with that is how do you prevent teams from faking an injury to remove a reliever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 11:04 PM, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Same with Yankee Stadium.  They spent a BILLION dollars building it, in a city known for snow and freezing temperatures in April.

But didn't they design New Yankee Stadium as a homage of the historical Yankee Stadium?

 

Nostalgia is a better reason for a design rather than build a warehouse piece of shit. I don't like the Yankees but at least they had a reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, arnold layne said:

But didn't they design New Yankee Stadium as a homage of the historical Yankee Stadium?

 

Nostalgia is a better reason for a design rather than build a warehouse piece of shit. I don't like the Yankees but at least they had a reason. 

What’s your favorite stadium- in any sport - to watch a game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skeeter said:

What’s your favorite stadium- in any sport - to watch a game?

First, thanks for the PM. I will read it when I have time and I appreciate your feedback @Skeeter.

 

Now to answer your question.

 

When I was a kid I loved the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrondome. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug for me.

 

I remember Tori Hunter catching fly balls off the backfield wall. I remember Joe Nathan comfortably closing out everyone at bat. I somewhat remember watching Daunte Culpepper in the early 2000s.

 

And I definitely remember watching Brett Favre taking on Aaron Rodgers in 2009 on Monday Night Football. I was at that game. The atmosphere was incredible and I tried to seize the moment. Adrian Peterson. Charles Woodson (a Packer but incredible nontheless), Jared Allen. Tall guy with dreads with a name that escapes me). 

 

The Metrodome had so many magical moments. 

 

I actually really have a weird interest in sports revenues. I've decided to see the Cowboys next year. It's about due. I'd rather go to Arrowhead but that's a lot further. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

First, thanks for the PM. I will read it when I have time and I appreciate your feedback @Skeeter.

 

Now to answer your question.

 

When I was a kid I loved the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrondome. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug for me.

 

I remember Tori Hunter catching fly balls off the backfield wall. I remember Joe Nathan comfortably closing out everyone at bat. I somewhat remember watching Daunte Culpepper in the early 2000s.

 

And I definitely remember watching Brett Favre taking on Aaron Rodgers in 2009 on Monday Night Football. I was at that game. The atmosphere was incredible and I tried to seize the moment. Adrian Peterson. Charles Woodson (a Packer but incredible nontheless), Jared Allen. Tall guy with dreads with a name that escapes me). 

 

The Metrodome had so many magical moments. 

 

I actually really have a weird interest in sports revenues. I've decided to see the Cowboys next year. It's about due. I'd rather go to Arrowhead but that's a lot further. 

 

Sidney Rice? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

I want to take my boy to Braves game this year hopefully the Red Sox play here !

Boston doesn’t go to Atlanta this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a crazy story Lenny Dykstra’s life turned into. Nails helped lead the Mets to the promised land. A huge fan favorite that sacrificed his body for the game. 

 

Then he was hailed as a financial investment genius who was making people hundreds of millions of dollars. Turned out he was scamming people out of their money. 

I think he went to jail for that. And then ended up drugged out and living in the streets. 

 

Later he he went to jail after threading to kill his Uber driver....and was found with heroin and meth. 

 

Now his neighbors are suing him because they say his home is a den of drugs and prostitution. That up to 10 people live in it, prostitutes work out of it, etc. 

 

This dude was a MLB star, making millions and was a huge fan favorite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Skeeter said:

what a crazy story Lenny Dykstra’s life turned into. Nails helped lead the Mets to the promised land. A huge fan favorite that sacrificed his body for the game. 

 

Then he was hailed as a financial investment genius who was making people hundreds of millions of dollars. Turned out he was scamming people out of their money. 

I think he went to jail for that. And then ended up drugged out and living in the streets. 

 

Later he he went to jail after threading to kill his Uber driver....and was found with heroin and meth. 

 

Now his neighbors are suing him because they say his home is a den of drugs and prostitution. That up to 10 people live in it, prostitutes work out of it, etc. 

 

This dude was a MLB star, making millions and was a huge fan favorite. 

Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, arnold layne said:

But didn't they design New Yankee Stadium as a homage of the historical Yankee Stadium?

 

Nostalgia is a better reason for a design rather than build a warehouse piece of shit. I don't like the Yankees but at least they had a reason. 

Most Yankee fans don't like the new stadium, they think it's too "sterile".  They could have thrown a retractable roof over it, for the prices they charge it's ridiculous to be drenched or freezing while watching a game intended for summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...