Dazey

RIP Abominable Homan

I didn't have too much interaction with him, but I got a laugh from many of his recent posts, seemed like a bright/smart/little bit off in a good way guy (perfect for a GNR forum). Sucks, too young.

When I'd made the weight loss thread back in January, Homan actually wrote me in private congratulating me, all joking aside. I didn't have as much interaction with the guy as I would've liked....R.I.P. Right on the eve of the fucking shows too :(

That's all terrible. Way too young. He was probably one of the best all around humorous posters over the years and got along with everyone. I really hope in some way this isn't real.

mm54ie.jpg

"Slash is the reason I play guitar, and Axl Rose is the reason I'm bi-polar and wear a bandana."

-Brad Lowe

Great quote, one I'm sure we can all relate to. Looks like a real sweet guy.

This news is so very sad.

Edited by Major Mayhem

RIP. Didn't really know the guy but sad when any forum members die. Most of us hardcore fans have known one another on various sites for years. People become your friends even if you don't truly know them.

Right on the eve of the fucking shows too

This comment reminded me of that HTGTH/mygnr member who died in a car wreck before the album came out. I forgot his name.

fucking bullshit man, one of the best posters on any forum i have ever been on, the guy was so down to earth and cool to talk to. RIP AH

I didn't know him well or anything, and I don't claim to have interacted with him that much.  But he made an impact on me and it really hits home that he's gone.  It hurts.  

Fuck, nothing I write and no amount of rephrasing seems to convey it properly.  

Reading through his post history. Massive Izzy fan...wanted a new GNR album "full of Dust N Bones"(guy had good taste in music), bought tickets for Coachella....

DAMN.

I didn't know him personally but one of my first memories on the forums were him, SunnyDRE, and Jackie Moon (under his original name) riffing off each other back in 2008. I'll admit that I admired his observational/subversive humor, and it did influence me along with InThisRiver so I looked up to him. I thought he was the king of the main forum back then since he seemed to be the most carefree and good natured and had the cleverest things to say. It was cool that he still stuck around the GNR community when others moved on.

I didn't interact with him that much but did talk through PM sometimes. It was kind of worrying that things were getting out of hand more recently. Not sure what happened and wonder what we could have done. The worst things happen to the best people. I never would have known without the forums actually. I don't know what else to say and probably not my place but it's definitely sad.