Axl and Slash "not on great terms", will do no interviews or be photographed together

Take this for what it's worth. But I was about to work on a marketing program to promote this comeback show. A major brand was about to sponsor the Vegas shows and do something AWESOME to celebrate Axl & Slash reuniting. Unfortunately, the GN'R camp didn't get back to the brand and it all fell through (not surprised). But the interesting part was this...we were told:

1. The band is not on great terms

2. They will do no interviews together

3. They will not be photographed together

I don't know what to believe. I find it hard to believe Axl would do this if he weren't 100% cool with it and everyone involved. But this feedback came from the management teams of all parties involved. If it's true, it would be sad. This is such a historic musical moment and once again GN'R is missing a golden opportunity to blow it out and give the fans what they deserve - to feel proud of GN'R again. What camp GN'R doesn't understand is the fans LOVE and WANT to see this concert hyped and promoted. Seeing Axl/Slash/Duff together, having a good time, laughing, talking...man that would mean more than the concert itself. The chemistry has to be there OFF the stage for it to occur ON the stage. Here's hoping this is wrong.

K

Even Mike Love and Brian Wilson appeared on Jimmy Kimmel together. Fucking pathetic shitshow this reunion is turning out to be. :lol:

Next time Axl wants to call Slash a dirtbag, he should just picture him as a big old bag of dirt. Just a big old bag of dirt playing a guitar. You know what, he'll have to put down his microphone, because he'll have the giggles. 

Yeah, I'd point out how fucking stupid it is to believe whoever that is, but it sounds stupid enough to fit in with GN'R. 

Still, that guy is just another BBA as far as reality is concerned. 

Yeah I'm not saying it's fact or anything, it's just no less credible than some of the other shit that gets posted here/other places to speculate on.

its really what i expected. it was slash saying we don't have to talk or like each other we will just go out and play our old school tunes for a couple of shows, make a shit ton of money and then we will fuck off again.

I hope this a plan from Axl to not show up at the show and let traitor Slash deal with the riot all alone... lol

Lets be honest, the guy deserves it for what he did in the past.

Quote from who? 

The Dr.Pepper ad campaign guy.

so he is a well know liar

ok

anyway i wouldn't be surprised if Axl and the band go this way, though

Seems like Axl just WANTS that this band has to be a clusterfuck :shrugs:

I hope this a plan from Axl to not show up at the show and let traitor Slash deal with the riot all alone... lol

Lets be honest, the guy deserves it for what he did in the past.

So Slash deserves ultimate victory?

If Axl pulls out a no show, then he will go down in history as a joke EVEN more than in the previous decades

Take this for what it's worth. But I was about to work on a marketing program to promote this comeback show. A major brand was about to sponsor the Vegas shows and do something AWESOME to celebrate Axl & Slash reuniting. Unfortunately, the GN'R camp didn't get back to the brand and it all fell through (not surprised). But the interesting part was this...we were told:

I don't know what to believe. I find it hard to believe Axl would do this if he weren't 100% cool with it and everyone involved. But this feedback came from the management teams of all parties involved. If it's true, it would be sad. This is such a historic musical moment and once again GN'R is missing a golden opportunity to blow it out and give the fans what they deserve - to feel proud of GN'R again. What camp GN'R doesn't understand is the fans LOVE and WANT to see this concert hyped and promoted. Seeing Axl/Slash/Duff together, having a good time, laughing, talking...man that would mean more than the concert itself. The chemistry has to be there OFF the stage for it to occur ON the stage. Here's hoping this is wrong.

K

Even Mike Love and Brian Wilson appeared on Jimmy Kimmel together. Fucking pathetic shitshow this reunion is turning out to be. :lol:

Says the guy who got into GNR because of the likes of fucking Bumblefoot.  :lolzers:

I don't get this forum anymore.  Seems to be more or less a dumping ground for grumpy ex-fans, who aren't fans of much of anything anymore, but still come around like everyday to poke fun at GNR just for the lulz. Buncha regular Jay Lenos. 

people into GNR for the lulz > people into GNR for serious business

I'm guilty for being in the latter back when those Star Wars promos came out and it seemed like they actually had something worth rooting for up their sleeves. And the clusterfuck period was finally over. But nope. Back to the regularly scheduled program :lol:.

K

Says the guy who got into GNR because of the likes of fucking Bumblefoot.  :lolzers:

I don't get this forum anymore.  Seems to be more or less a dumping ground for grumpy ex-fans, who aren't fans of much of anything anymore, but still come around like everyday to poke fun at GNR just for the lulz. Buncha regular Jay Lenos.

Real fan! Real fan! We've got a real fan here! See nobody cares.

This is being discussed at great length on mygner as well, so it's hardly exclusive to this site. I don't see how you can just ignore huge red flags and expect the reunion to be sunshine and roses when everything we've heard so far is pointing to the contrary. Why should I just sit back and enjoy my favorite member of the band being fucked over for money reasons? Because AXLSALSHFUDD?? ZOMG. All of these people who get mad every time someone speculates that this reunion might not be literal perfection make me laugh heartily. I can't wait for the next Fat Axl Disaster, only this time with a bunch of losers pretending it's not a disaster because there's a different guy playing guitar notes while Axl stomps around the stage like a Brontosaurus sounding like Dory's whale talk in Finding Nemo.

And I got into GNR because of Bumblefoot? Wut? I'm not Broski. I got into GNR the same way everyone my age did. I heard WTTJ on San Andreas and went from there.

there's a different guy playing guitar notes while Axl stomps around the stage like a Brontosaurus sounding like Dory's whale talk in Finding Nemo.

:lolzers:  :lolzers:  :lolzers:

I love that the fucking reunion is finally happening, and we have as little information as ever. It's so fitting and perfect