John Bonham

The Tommyknockers - GAME OVER - Town Wins

newspaper.jpg

THE SCOOP

The fact that a missing boy, 2 dead cops, a missing State police officer and a downed plane all centered-around Haven, did not go unnoticed to the Press.

The reporters at the local papers heard stories about headaches, nausea, nosebleeds... and other crazy stories.

One old man, who escaped Haven, even suggested the little boy who'd gone missing had been... beamed to Altair-4.

Teleported away. To outer space. That there were aliens, or a UFO, in Haven.

Most reporters had talked to their fair share of crazies over the years, and that's what this all was, crazy talk.

This reporter, however, smelled a Pulitzer.

Other reporters drove to Haven, to see what was really happening there, and got turned around at the first sign of engine failure, bloody nose, nausea, or headache.

Our reporter was wearing scuba gear while walking over the Haven town line...

'I consider this town sanctified, I consider it a haven. Yes! I have found a haven here that reminds me of my haven-home, a lovely land maybe not so different from the one Adam and Eve knew before they went picking fruit from that tree they should have left alone. Sanctified!'

Folks with relatives in Haven saying that they hadn't seen or heard from so-and-so all Summer.

Folks saying all they hear is static, or a strange, vibrating noise when they try to phone.

I was the second person to post in this thread.

My eyes are on Donor who is currently calling the shots. I am weary of early leaders.

Conor

Look for partnerships.

My suspicion is directly on Conor.

I haven't played mafia with him before as far as I know, but his posts seem 'too structured'.

I will be the first to admit it isn't much of a reason but we all know we don't have much to go on.

I'm with you.

He gets my official vote

Conor

>serious voting this early

My shitometer is going off

I thought we voted everyday?

I'm still learning the ropes...

I clearly specified "serious voting". You really think I'd lock in my day's vote on mags when I don't think he had even posted in the thread at that point?

Yes, I voted for mags in my first post on the off chance that it would somehow incite a revealing response. It's day 1 and if you guys aren't idiots, it's going to last a while.

Dann Smooth - thoughts on Magisme?

At this moment in time, I'm still more convinced about Conor. Mags is 3rd on my list after Conor and Arnold. As things stand right now anyway.

Everyone in the Conor lynch mob is under suspicion.

I was the first one to realize that Conor is in the mafia, so that makes me the leader. You may now refer to me as Don_Smooth.

Everyone in the Conor lynch mob is under suspicion.

I was the first one to realize that Conor is in the mafia, so that makes me the leader. You may now refer to me as Don_Smooth.
My god, you've killed us all.

At the minute, GnRLiars would probably get my vote, closely follwed by arnold, he's better at this than diving in with accusations and shit, which makes me think he's excited. The thing with GnRLiars is, while unfortunate, because they're actively learning the ropes then it's less impact to the town's chances than keeping alive myself, or provided they're town too, bacardi/magisme etc. I definitely don't feel confident enough to place a vote on him yet, I think I'll just wait to see how shit arnold continues to play. This might just be a new gimmick for him.

Most reporters had talked to their fair share of crazies over the years, and that's what this all was, crazy talk.

This reporter, however, smelled a Pulitzer.

Other reporters drove to Haven, to see what was really happening there, and got turned around at the first sign of engine failure, bloody nose, nausea, or headache.

Our reporter was wearing scuba gear while walking over the Haven town line...

So CHITR is a reporter? Does that give us anything?

Talk to me, Conor.

FTR, Conor played exactly like this at the beginning of last game when he was town. That doesn't mean he's town now, but these detailed and "structured" posts aren't an indication that he's not.

On a related note, I'm keeping an eye on the accused. My guess is that the mafia would want to eliminate an experienced townie if possible. Unless I'm mistaken that's Conor, bacardi, and I'd say me.

1. bacardi is out ta get me

2. everyone is out ta get Conor

3. no one is out ta get bacardi(?) despite a little bickering (for show?) with a couple others.

We basically have two ways to go about it:

1. low risk/low reward - trip up a noob and minimize losses if we're wrong.

2. high risk/high reward - nab one of the three vets but risk losing a key asset if we're wrong.

You've officially replaced Arnold as my #2.  That post and white knighting for Conor has me convinced. On the very off chance that I'm wrong though, who besides me is completely new to this game? I need to watch them for fuckups as well.

I'm just saying that Conor falls into the high risk/high reward category and I don't want to take him out unless we have good reason. In line with that, if we have a cop, I'd urge them to investigate one of the veterans who make it through day 1. If we nab a mafia vet either Day 1 or Night 1, we're in good shape. On the other hand if we can confirm a vet as town, we can move forward as a more unified front.