John Bonham

The Tommyknockers - GAME OVER - Town Wins

tommyknockers_by_bigdub-d59m0o8.png

THE SHED

bacardimayne walked outside to the shed.

Beneath the door he could see green light, and he could hear a dim, unpleasant noise, like an old-fashioned washing machine with a gutful of clothes and thick suds.

No — not just one washing machine; more like a whole line of them, not quite in sync.

The light was pulsing in time to the low slurping sound.

He looked over his shoulder.

No flashlights.

No movements.

No crickets.

No bird songs.

Not even a Cardinal.

The only sound was the sound of washing machines: slisshh-slisshhhslissshhh...

bacardimayne looked at the pulsing green light fingering its way through the cracks between the boards.

He reached into his pocket, took out the old sunglasses, and put them on.

It had been a long time since he had prayed, but he prayed now.

It was short, but a prayer for all that.

“God, please,” bacardimayne said into the dark Summer NIGHT, and slid the key into the padlock.

He licked his lips and turned the key.

He took a final look along the path, saw nothing, turned back to the shed, and opened the door.

The green glow, brilliant even through the dark glasses, washed over him like corrupt sunlight.

The noise was louder.

Slissh-slissshh-slisshhh... off to the left.

Slishh-slishh-slishhh.

The breath he had been holding ran weakly out like air from a pricked balloon.

The strength ran out of his legs in exactly the same way.

He was unable to take his eyes from the left-rear corner of the shed, where Valentina had somehow been hung up on a post in an old galvanized steel shower cabinet with its door removed.

She hung there like a slab of beef on a meathook.

A thick black cord which looked like a high-voltage line or a very big coaxial cable ran out of the center of Valentina’s forehead.

The entire top of the her skull had been peeled away and dozens of smaller cords ran out of her exposed brain.

A pair of black spectacles had been pushed over her eyes and there was a revolting, furry growth on Val's neck.

The door had been torn off the shower stall, but it was still full of some clear liquid.

The liquid was clear but emerald green.

It was moving — making that low, thick sudsy sound.

For all its clarity, 'Cardi thought that liquid must be very gluey indeed, perhaps the consistency of dish detergent.

She’s hanging on a hook in a shower-stall filled with the interstellar equivalent of Joy dish-detergent

Her fingers, wrinkled and pruney, drifted.

Slisshhh-slishhh-slisshhh.

Copper tubing running into the top of the shower stall, made it look like a hilarious combination of a suspended-animation chamber and moonshine still.

Val’s hair had fallen out in patches.

Her legs appeared to be collapsing in on themselves.

They moved through the liquid in long lazy sweeps, as if in her dreams she was running away.

Save the town.

Slishhh-slishhh-slishhh.

Use the transformer to save the town.

Then pull the plugs.

Cut the wires.

Burn the place.

Over his shoulder, 'Cardi heard the barn door swing open again, and he saw a grinning, toothless face before he heard the gun fire.

Bang!

bacardimayne was

uptown_steve_harvey.jpg

Steve Harvey, Town-aligned.

20131106-121647.jpg

The Ship in the Earth was located in the geographic center of Haven, down behind the old Anderson place.

This was the section of Haven known as Burning Woods, and called Big Injun Woods before that.

150 years ago on this spot, Preacher Colson unleashed his Pentecostal Fire and impregnated six young girls.

The remaining members of the group, Damn_Smooth, GnRLiars, magisme, Conor, and Catch Her In the Rye, all climbed into a jeep and drove down to the excavation site...

i thought to myself, theres 5 of us in this car, at least one of you motherfuckers is Mafia trying to ruin this once great town.

For the sake of the town, I'm going to find out which of you are Mafia, cause I know I'm not nd thats all i can be sure of right now.

For the time being, I'm just gonna look out the window and say nothing

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. This has gone horrendously wrong. I imagine there's two town, two mafia and an independent. There can't be three Mafia, because otherwise it's game over. My guess at this point is GnRLiars and Damn_Smooth, but whoever the two Mafia are have such a ridiculous advantage. I think we're fucked, but alas. GnRLiars hadn't been active much the last couple days, which is why I think the game took a while to progress. If not, then I imagine it's due to Catch Her not being around either.

Catch Her, do you have any investigative powers? If so, now's your time to state what you know. 

If magisme is Mafia, then fair play, because I've never suspected him. I'm gunning for the other two, but want to hear before making my vote.

Catch Her hasn't been online since the 24th. If he did have a power, he'll have missed his chance to use it. But assuming that two of the other three of Mafia, we don't stand a chance of getting a majority vote without him. So I'm going to make my move quickly.

Official Vote: GnRLiars

I think I was right the first time. I laid off you because I started to believe that you were sincerely trying to help and you knew what you were doing when making strong cases against Gunnar and Val. I'm still sure you knew what you were doing, but I'm not falling for it anymore.

Official Vote: Conor

Catch Her hasn't been here for days. That's why I think the town are fucked regardless. There are two Mafia in here, so unless he shows up, I don't stand a chance of nailing Mafia with only one other partner. I hope Magisme has some sense, but he could've played a great game as Mafia for all I know. 

I think you know GnRLiars is Mafia, because you are as well. And that's why you won't vote for him, though looking back, I should've pulled the trigger on that during Day One like I wanted to. Instead, I got swung to GUNNER because of his shit posting and low risk/low reward. And like I said back then, one of them was Mafia. With Val, don't pin that me, that was as much bacardimayne as me. I made my ballsy theory about the dead comedians, and rightfully you debunked it, but probably because you knew it couldn't have been true.

If I die, Mafia wins. And for at least one of yourself and GnRLiars, I imagine both, that's good news.

And right on queue GnRLiars should now vote for me...

Your conclusions assumptions and accusations  only make you more of a target.

Im not sure about Mags or Damn Smooth, but I'm quite confident your the rat contaminating this town.

Official Vote: Conor

And right on queue GnRLiars should now vote for me...

Your conclusions assumptions and accusations  only make you more of a target.

Im not sure about Mags or Damn Smooth, but I'm quite confident your the rat contaminating this town.

You're overcompensating.

Oh come on, I followed your lead for the last two and if you'd have made as strong a case for GNRLiars as you did the other two I would have fell in line with him too. But I'm pretty sure you were the one protecting him. Seems quite obvious in hindsight with how many times you suggested pointing the finger at him to back off and get someone else eliminated. 

You've basically been running this game. It's no coincidence that no mafia have been killed. You're the mafia, you're calling the shots. Both lynchings, you've been extremely vocal and influential of who to vote for.

it doesn't take a too much detective work to solve this case.

That's a cute spin on events. Of course you'd want to follow my lead the last two, if you're Mafia you would've been looking at my mistakes and thinking "happy fucking days, this is easy." And it has been. I did make a strong case for GNRLiars, but with Day One, I can't change the fact everyone is pointing in every direction and something needs to happen. With the fight between himself and GUNNER, people leaned towards GUNNER. What was I to do? Stay firm on GNRLiars despite not having that strong a feeling either way, and we'd still be stuck doing sweet fuck all. 

If I was protecting him, you must think he's Mafia as well as me, right? In that case, change your vote to him. If you're town and he's Mafia, you're going to get just as good a result as you'll believe you'll have voting for me. So why not go for it? Because you know he's Mafia, because you are as well. It's no surprise that the two of you are going in for the kill. It's blatantly obvious when you need three votes and two people immediately gang up on someone else. Hopefully Magisme or Catch Her will have more sense.

I don't know for a fact that he's Mafia like I do you. He's definitely my number 2, but he could just be weird. I join you again, kill him and he turns out to be innocent, you win. I kill you first, he'll be here tomorrow. For all I know there might only be one mafia member, and I'm not going against my instincts twice when it fucked the town the first time.

That's a cute spin on events. Of course you'd want to follow my lead the last two, if you're Mafia you would've been looking at my mistakes and thinking "happy fucking days, this is easy." And it has been. I did make a strong case for GNRLiars, but with Day One, I can't change the fact everyone is pointing in every direction and something needs to happen. With the fight between himself and GUNNER, people leaned towards GUNNER. What was I to do? Stay firm on GNRLiars despite not having that strong a feeling either way, and we'd still be stuck doing sweet fuck all. 

If I was protecting him, you must think he's Mafia as well as me, right? In that case, change your vote to him. If you're town and he's Mafia, you're going to get just as good a result as you'll believe you'll have voting for me. So why not go for it? Because you know he's Mafia, because you are as well. It's no surprise that the two of you are going in for the kill. It's blatantly obvious when you need three votes and two people immediately gang up on someone else. Hopefully Magisme or Catch Her will have more sense.

Read it again Conor. He said "If" he had followed your lead like he did with the other 2, he would have voted for me. Like I said, you're pulling the strings, deflecting from yourself gunning for innocent townies because your end goal is killing all of us.

Vote Gunner! He's Mafia!

Vote Val! She's Mafia!

No and no

And yet the one who's orchestrating these kills manages to make it through two nights also without being killed.

You're Mafia my friend, it's time for you to go

Well at least one of you will be happy come end game, that's nice. I'll be the first to admit that this has been a piss poor game for the town, and a piss poor game on my part, but that's not helped by the size. However, I'm fucking insulted that you think I'd have left myself this open and vulnerable on the last day if I was Mafia.

I have no response to that. It sure doesn't make me any less sure it's you. That's the exact thing a mafia member trying to go down swinging would say.

It wasn't supposed to, I'm just insulted. I would've attempted to lie low, y'know, like you guys. Any of you guys, actually. Hell, Catch Her has barely played, and hasn't said a word on the forum since the role reveal. The reason I tried to get the game going and have been very open in all my finger pointing and calling people out is because Imve had no reason to hide.

It also makes sense for Mafia to keep me alive this entire time, because since the Arnold kill I've had all the attention, and I clearly haven't been swinging towards the right punchbags. I'm an easy lynch, and you know it.

Why hello there.. I have been out of town for the easter holidays, I checked up, but thread appeared to be locked - I'm sorry for any and all delay.

*GAME MODE*

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_of7mShM5N1g/S9ms3sgVjfI/AAAAAAAABec/ifB45qcd7KA/s1600/v_final_battle_tv_guide_ad01.jpg

It's clear that whoever the guilty part is, it is someone deeply integrated in the group, I don't want to point any fingers, but this has to be right, where every other turn we have taken, seems to have been wrong, there is only one thing we can do - Change the tactics !

There has been some underlying directing, from someone pulling the string, in a very discrete manor, as the cunning reporter I am, I will lead your attention to page 10 and watch the dialog between Bacardi and Mags, that right there is the stringing and vague indicment of a brilliant mafia tag-team.

http://georgespigot.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/mars-attacks-03.jpg

My bet is on those two. Look at how wrong we have been, we have played this all wrong, and I think it is safe to go for those seemingly unlikely. I predict them coming out of the woodwork, and coming from two angles, with structured defenses, that seem so town, that anything I say, would make me look like I am pointing in a completely wrong direction.

http://ct.weirdnutdaily.com/ol/wn/sw/i37/2/6/5/wnd_9e596b7d852bd167c9713b2aadfe0af9.jpg

I don't think anyone can claim to have the final proof, but I think it smells, and I think that the connection however, "unfriendly", it may seem, is undeniable. 

Prime suspects are: Magism & Bacardi Mayne

http://forgetomori.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/orionbelt01.jpg

http://www.apa.org/Images/sia-resources-eyewitness-title_tcm7-178733.jpg

**REPOST due to missing pic's**  - Sorry bout that..

Why hello there.. I have been out of town for the easter holidays, I checked up, but thread appeared to be locked - I'm sorry for any and all delay.

*GAME MODE*

v_final_battle_tv_guide_ad01.jpg

It's clear that whoever the guilty part is, it is someone deeply integrated in the group, I don't want to point any fingers, but this has to be right, where every other turn we have taken, seems to have been wrong, there is only one thing we can do - Change the tactics !

There has been some underlying directing, from someone pulling the string, in a very discrete manor, as the cunning reporter I am, I will lead your attention to page 10 and watch the dialog between Bacardi and Mags, that right there is the stringing and vague indicment of a brilliant mafia tag-team.

mars-attacks-03.jpg

My bet is on those two. Look at how wrong we have been, we have played this all wrong, and I think it is safe to go for those seemingly unlikely. I predict them coming out of the woodwork, and coming from two angles, with structured defenses, that seem so town, that anything I say, would make me look like I am pointing in a completely wrong direction.

wnd_9e596b7d852bd167c9713b2aadfe0af9.jpg

I don't think anyone can claim to have the final proof, but I think it smells, and I think that the connection however, "unfriendly", it may seem, is undeniable. 

Prime suspects are: Magism & Bacardi Mayne

orionbelt01.jpg

sia-resources-eyewitness-title_tcm7-1787