what do you think will happen to the forums if GNR announce a reunion?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whatever happens, we'll be sure to sit here and laugh at the stupidity surrounding us.

at least the username is the correct gender for once

Anyway, back on topic, with the expected increase in traffic (and ad revenue), do you think any of the forums will make any changes?

Free t-shirts so people can proudly show all their friends that they post on gnr message boards.  I think some other site already gave away t-shirts.  Such a brilliant concept.  Not.

if they do a reunion the forums will be bat shit crazy or as we say here in texas thats gonna blow your skirt up  lol  gnr is to widely loved or hated barley and middle ground.  get ready if they do announce we are all in for a rodeo round these forums.

I think there will be a whole lot of new folks on the forums next year.

You know what?

It would be nice to see some actual CASUAL fans of the band

Most of us here on the forums were nerds and die hards...

Plus there is a possibility to see some more funny trolls with actual trolling skills and  not just reading the same old, same old narcissistic assholes weeping over and over again....

It would be fucking glorious when real fans discover GNR truth, WC and MSL will be teared apart

Clownzy will be resignate since some rich classical GNR maniac folk came up and he will eventually sold mygnr for the big buck, imho... that would be a wise decision

One could dream....

kinda hard to find casual fans of gnr as they are a love em or hate em band.  die hards have stuck with em thru thick n thin.  i have encountered several newby fans saying how they wish they could see them live.  most were introduced to gnr by parents as kids were and yet to me the rise of gnr does not seem that long ago.  i dont know why i seem to find it funny when newbys wish to see gnr.  i guess in a way its cuz they got no true idea what the songs are all about.  kids these days are nothing like those of us who survived the 80's

kinda hard to find casual fans of gnr as they are a love em or hate em band.  die hards have stuck with em thru thick n thin.  i have encountered several newby fans saying how they wish they could see them live.  most were introduced to gnr by parents as kids were and yet to me the rise of gnr does not seem that long ago.  i dont know why i seem to find it funny when newbys wish to see gnr.  i guess in a way its cuz they got no true idea what the songs are all about.  kids these days are nothing like those of us who survived the 80's

I was born in 1989 and i probably known better those songs than you are....

and i meant "casual" fans=fans who think GNR ended in 1996

That is the majority perception anyways

Will be interesting to see what happens with traffic, ad revenue, moderation, etc.

Will be a lot of new eyeballs and new posters.

thoughts?

I can't wait to see what jarmo does and says LOL

I guess that video made of him years ago about  a reunion may come true  , where as at the end Axl calls him about a reunion and he puts up a slash poster on his wall after bashing the old band for years because Axl told him to . lol

• 3 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see what happens with traffic, ad revenue, moderation, etc.

thoughts?

Best case scenario would be something similar to the noob invasion of 2006. Even HTGTH and mygnr had difficulty handling the traffic. The GNR community went from having 4 major forums(HTGTH, mygnr, cd, gnrbar) to having dozens. BY 2007 most of those people bailed. 

The forums saw no new traffic in 2008 after the album's release. Any new signup was just a forum junkie using a new screen name. Only thing those few brought to the table was unintentional humor. Sign up saying shit like "I've never been to a forum. I bought CD and its the best GNR album ever!" and then five minutes later they're name dropping forum junkies from yesteryear and using forum lingo.

I would predict something a bit similar to 06 but forums in general are on the decline since most people use social media now for their fix. If you want to follow the band's activity or lack thereof , the average person doesn't even need to come within a light year of a forum. 

Like others have said, I'd love to see new blood on all these sites. Unfortunately I don't think its going to happen.

When this reunion hoopla started, it started trending on Facebook. None of those people joined the sites asking about it or anything. Would be interesting to see if a leak in the midst of the reunion speculation would do anything since they wouldn't even associate the song(s) with CD II because they don't know of its existence. 

thoughts?

I would predict something a bit similar to 06 but forums in general are on the decline since most people use social media now for their fix. If you want to follow the band's activity or lack thereof , the average person doesn't even need to come within a light year of a forum.

This is a very good point.

I've been browsing forums since the early 2000s. Every forum I've ever been active on or lurked on for long periods of time has seen a huge decline in traffic over the last few years or is a ghost town.

Suggesting someone sign up to a forum now is like suggesting someone start a usenet group in 2010. Reddit/social media have killed any need for forums for fringe topics.

This isn't to say there aren't forums that still get a ton of traffic, but even the biggest forums I've posted on (that are still big) are relatively smaller than they were five years ago. All the small and medium ones have mostly died, or are hangouts for like a dozen posters who post once every few days (sound familiar?).

Usenet a great comparison. So are chat rooms.

Earlier this year the official Soundgarden forum was killed off out of the blue. It was active but that didn't matter. Now if you want news you just follow Cornell/SG on Facebook/Twitter. Some new forum popped up immediately after it but nobody cared.

The forums saw no new traffic in 2008 after the album's release. Any new signup was just a forum junkie using a new screen name. Only thing those few brought to the table was unintentional humor. Sign up saying shit like "I've never been to a forum. I bought CD and its the best GNR album ever!" and then five minutes later they're name dropping forum junkies from yesteryear and using forum lingo.

Hahahaha. Isn't that a pisser?

These people wouldn't cut it at 21 Jump Street.

The fanbase became just as idiotic as Axl. It was inevitable.

It's pretty silly. You should visit more often.

Oh bloody hell ,not you here....

keep spewing your bullshit on mygner please

you will become wasted 2.0 sooner than later