meatpuppet

Mountaineering

On 2/11/2017 at 7:49 AM, John Bonham said:

This Spring I am going to hike Mt. Greylock in Mass. and Mt. Washington in New Hampshire.

No excuses.

oops

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I like to hike in the woods but I cannot rock climb because I am afraid of heights like a little bitch. 

Same problem. Irrational fear, yet it takes control over me. I can not move when having an 'attack'. 

Good advice to you Nate, never climb a church stair up to the tower, there is a possibility you are afraid to climb down. My husband had to lift me off the whispering gallery of St paul's in London once. Too scared to even move, I was truly a little bitch up there, crying and all. Even thinking about it makes me feeling sick:lol:

Seriously scary

http://www.sonicwonders.org/whispering-galleries/

I can get up to mountains though, just not anything really steep or with scary ledges, that would make me vomit, So rockclimbing is not an option. Really cool though.

Looks awesome up there. I need to get back into the mountains one of these days.

Hiked "Pack Monadnock" (Miller State Park) in New Hampshire.

Nice, little hike.

Hung out in Pawtuckaway State Park (Nottingham, NH). 

thumbIMG_5482crop.jpg

This is one of my new, most favorite places on Earth!

Not much mountaineering this summer. I've never tried in fall/winter. I'm curious but it feels pretty dangerous :mellow: especially if I get lost or my car breaks down.

Wasn't there but Minus 100 Degrees. That’s How Cold It Could Feel Atop Mount Washington. With much of the Northeast and Midwest feeling like a block of ice, the temperature here in the high peaks of New Hampshire’s White Mountains was forecast to drop to 40 degrees below zero overnight Friday. The wind chill could make the air feel as cold as 100 below zero. That is not a typo. Negative. 100.

06COLD3-superJumbo.jpg

Somewhat relevant I guess. Went mountain biking after a snow melt and rain. It was, less than easy.

20180106_111131.jpg

On 5/16/2018 at 6:59 AM, John Bonham said:

Slipped, fell and ended up with a knee fracture on Mother's Day.

Fun hike otherwise ?

Aww damn it.  How are you feeling? Are you on crutches?

My secret fantasy is to sell off everything I own and head for the Amazon. Right now I spend a lot of time walking by the ocean. It's crazy how much better you feel when you are out in nature.