meatpuppet

Mountaineering

Finally went on the Knife Edge on Katahdin today. Not scary although there were some narrow parts and ledges that could be dangerous, especially if they were wet.

CoL3QqLWEAA8_l7.jpg

CoL4BNiWEAAPulE.jpg

2qk4j07.jpg

Firescrew and Mount Cardigan in Alexandria, New Hampshire were amazing.

2hyc9px.jpg

bhj05w.jpg

15g8pyq.jpg

SO peaceful.

We were almost the only people there yesterday.

Much cooler out than it's been lately, very windy day with some slight precipitation, and plenty of dark clouds! :awesome:

Cardigan has been on my list for a while, so it was truly a dream come true.

Banff National Park. I was there today

I was at the top of the Gondola. You can walk up and Gondola down, vice versa or Gondola both ways. It sits at 7500 ft.

The hike up is ok. But the views at the top are spectacular.

Edited by GnRLiars

Not exactly mountains but I recently visited the Cliffs of Moher here in Ireland. They are pretty breathtaking. At their highest point they are 700feet above the sea. These are the Cliffs of Insanity from The Princess Bride and were also in Harry Potter. Dusty Springfields ashes were scattered here. 

cliffs-of-moher.jpg

This means you hate your life and are bitter and compensate by posting these pictures.  But if you were a "DJ" in a dirty podunk club, pictures of the bathroom would be okay.  

Not exactly mountains but I recently visited the Cliffs of Moher here in Ireland. They are pretty breathtaking. At their highest point they are 700feet above the sea. These are the Cliffs of Insanity from The Princess Bride and were also in Harry Potter. Dusty Springfields ashes were scattered here. 

cliffs-of-moher.jpg

My wife and I were there 3 years ago. They're amazing!

cliffs-of-moher.jpg

Really? I live 40 miles from there

cliffs-of-moher.jpg

Are you in Galway?

My wife got a piercing in Galway.

I got a tattoo in Donegal. My family traces back to there (although my actual family has no roots there. Mom is Dublin and dad is Kildaire)

Galway was fun. We stopped there before heading to Cork. Which was my favourite city in Ireland.

cliffs-of-moher.jpg

I had some wicked pictures from the cliffs, but digital media... Fuckin lose shit all the time

cliffs-of-moher.jpg

Are you in Galway?

I got a tattoo in Donegal. My family traces back to there (although my actual family has no roots there. Mom is Dublin and dad is Kildaire)

Galway was fun. We stopped there before heading to Cork. Which was my favourite city in Ireland.

I have to ask - where did you get the tattoo in Donegal?

cliffs-of-moher.jpg

Are you in Galway?

right in town.

i think the place was called Zombie Girls, or Zombie Dolls

she did a good job, place was clean.

She took me as a walk in which was cool also

right in town.

NO FUCKING WAY :lol:

That's my cousin! Her name is Ruth. There is another girl working there too. 

Edited by Facekicker

right in town.

NO FUCKING WAY :lol:

That's my cousin! Her name is Ruth. There is another girl working there too. 

Ruth did my tattoo. ill find a picture of her doing it. i hope i still have it

2 hours ago, John Bonham said:

This Spring I am going to hike Mt. Greylock in Mass. and Mt. Washington in New Hampshire.

No excuses.

are they part of the Appalachians? 

what is the elevation at the summit?

920x920.jpg

Mt. Greylock - highest peak in Mass.

Elev.   3,489 feet

Geologically part of the Taconic Mountains, Mount Greylock is commonly associated with the abutting Berkshire Hills to the east.

A network of hiking trails traverse the mountain, including the 2,179-mile (3,507 km) Appalachian Trail.

4aa635ffcefc105e01ccd43987aa30b8.jpg

Mt. Washington -  highest peak in the Northeastern United States at 6,288 ft (1,917 m) and the most prominent mountain east of the Mississippi River.

The mountain is located in the Presidential Range of the White Mountains, the Appalachian Trail crosses the summit.

Euli Steck, probably the greatest (previously) living active mountaineer died last week. He allegedly fell 1 km down. I used to watch his speed assents of The Eiger on YouTube. I was totally shocked reading it. If anyone was unironically "surefooted as a mountain goat" it would have been him.

I hiked up Mt. Monadnock (Pumelly trail) for the first time. Somehow I came down the red dot trail but got back on track. Somehow came onto a private road with threatening messages but made it back to the car.

I used to get tired half way going up but running on weekends seems to help a lot.