magisme

US Politics, Culture and Society

7 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

They should have a fashion designer come up with all black outfits for space force. That is why the Nazis looked so fucking cool because they had Hugo Boss design their outfits.

Spoiler

https://media.gq.com/photos/56bce509b0a321320408fc49/master/w_1600%2Cc_limit/Kanye%2520West%2520Designer%2520Lede.jpg

People would lose their minds if Trump awarded the Space Force outfits contract to Kanye. Every kid in America is going to want one of these outfits. Hell, I want one.

18 hours ago, magisme said:

Someone is going to have to explain the benefit of camo in space to me. :lol:

They basically said a lot of what the Space Force Encompasses will involve a lot of on the ground work with the other branches of the military. They said they are basically using Air Force uniforms to save money instead of designing and making completely new uniforms. 

lol, the military budget

95% of that probably goes into staying more technologically advanced than china/russia but it doesnt matter because americans are fat retard jobbers who can't even win a war against vietcong tunnel rats or taliban shit-hovels

the day of the commie marches ever closer

On 1/18/2020 at 10:03 AM, magisme said:

But that takes place in a jungle on Earth. And the camo doesn't work. It's the mud that hides his body temperature that works.

So to summarize, clearly Brasky has never seen Predator.

The military could make millions off of licensing Space Force gear if it looks cool. And everbody knows that black, white, and red are the best looking colors in space. Who do you think will make the first Space Force movie?

3 hours ago, Damn_Smooth said:

So to summarize, clearly Brasky has never seen Predator.

I have many times , but Magisme posterized me with his post.

I read this elsewhere and this is something I think many people here, myself included, will agree with completely:

"

Hey, liberals. You created Trump.

Hey, so...to all the liberals gnashing their teeth over most or all of Donald Trump’s policy decisions, I’ve got some bad news for you:

You have no one but yourselves to blame.

Because you…allowed this to happen.

Trump’s voters may have elected him, and the Republican Party—with varying degrees of reluctance—may have decided to back him, but it was you—the Democratic Party, the liberals, the left—who did more than anyone else to create the polarized political atmosphere that made his ascension possible in the first place.

Everything Donald Trump is doing that you hate, everything he’s doing, has done or will do, the utter erasure of Obama's legacy—all of it is your fault. This is all on you, because without you Trump would never have had even a ghost of a chance at winning.

It was all you.

Is you.

Only…you.

You did it.

You made this possible.

You created Donald Trump.

You, with your toxic identity politics. You, with your idiotic crap about 56 genders and micro-aggressions. You, with your “trigger warnings,” and your ridiculous safe spaces filled with Play-Doh and crayons. You, with your relentless drive to silence anyone who disagrees with you. You, with your masked ANTIFA riots and your shouting down of conservative speakers at universities.

Behold your handiwork. Look upon what you have wrought.

You unleashed this monster. Donald Trump is you in the mirror.

You.

You've had Trump coming. You've had Trump coming for a long, long time.

After all, long before Donald Trump declared he was running—to the amusement of the liberal media and the Washington establishment, who didn’t stop laughing until election night—and long before Hillary Clinton dismissed half of Trump’s supporters as “deplorables,” we American conservatives had long gotten used to being kicked around by you liberals, and I say that from personal experience. I grew up a Republican. I still consider myself a Republican, despite the fact that I voted Democrat this time around. Yet in America today, it’s usually not a good idea to say that you're a Republican. It’s not wise to say that out loud where someone can hear you. Honestly, there have been times where I’ve felt like I’m part of a banned movement in hiding or something. That’s what it feels like to be a Republican in America, because the general attitude of many on the left toward us was (and still is): “You dare disagree with us? You dare? You must be racist, xenophobic, sexist, bigoted or all of the above. Where's your white hood, you neo-Nazi?"” Indeed, many liberal Americans no longer distinguish between these things and the Republican party itself. So when the GOP sided with Trump after a long and bruising political primary, it only confirmed to many liberals that your smug sense of superiority was justified and that your ideological opponents were worthy only of utmost contempt—an opinion many of you had already held for eight years and change.

I mean, remember how much fun everyone had making fun of George W. Bush? No one thought there would ever be another president so capable of producing comedy gold. But all those jokes about Bush were never just about him, were they? You didn’t stop at the man in the White House; you attacked and mocked and took a great big sh**t all over conservatives, their lifestyle, their worldview, their religion, their politics and their values, and when Obama was elected in 2008, you cranked that knob up to 11 and then broke the knob off.

Oh, yes! Remember those halcyon days, liberals? It was your time! Your time at last! Time to finally hit back and put those racist sexist misogynistic Christian conservatives in their place, and you did your darnedest to do just that. The only problem, which you could not see at the time, is that by striking out on behalf of supposedly marginalized groups that had gotten the short straw in the past, you created a new marginalized group altogether. Ironically, conservatives became the ones who felt increasingly isolated and unwanted, the ones who were being slapped down, shut up and pushed away. So I have to wonder, with a year on from the election, with all this in the rearview mirror:

Was it worth it?

I hope you think so. I really do, because you hammered them so long and so hard that they were willing to turn to a man like Trump to save them. That’s how desperate they became, how desperate you made them. Day in and day out, everywhere except Fox News, the mantra was the same: “Conservatives are evil, they hate women, they’re racist, they hate immigrants, they’re stupid because many of them go to church, they want to kill millions of Americans by repealing Obamacare, they’re rednecks and bigots and ignorant.” It felt good to be on top after eight years of Bush, didn't it? But in your ecstatic glee, you did the one thing no victor should ever do: you treated your defeated foes the way the Allies treated Germany after WWI. You kicked them while they were down, humiliated them, spat on them, shamed them, squeezed them to the point of desperation, and in their desperation they turned to the only person who seemed to listen to them. And it didn’t take long for them to start yearning for revenge.

And it wasn’t just at the ballot box, either. At colleges across America, for example, liberal students’ pursuit of "social justice" has left many people feeling that their right to free speech was being stifled, and I sure as hell remember feeling that way when I was a grad. I knew what I could and couldn't say around campus, and God help you if the PC brigade caught you using the wrong terminology. Expectations for teachers to reshape their lessons around the phenomena of “micro-aggressions” and “triggers” has led many faculty members across the country to question their ability to educate students at all without fear of offending them. As a result of PC culture, universities are no longer a forum for freedom of thought and expression. They are no longer a place to bounce around ideas and debate philosophy without fear of retribution or public disgrace. They have become a haven of far-leftist attitudes that ruthlessly seek to silence any voices of opposition, and I say that from personal experience. The worst mistake I ever made when I was in college was to dare voice aloud the opinion that America might not, in fact, be the most malevolent force in geopolitical history.

And speaking of history, that brings us to yet another facet of the left’s hubris. Liberals today tend to think that history is always on your side, and Obama himself returned to this phrase and argument repeatedly throughout his presidency. It is deeply embedded in the minds of many of you on the left, and it indirectly contributed to your catastrophic defeat on election night.

Obama, for example, was quite given to quoting Martin Luther King's most famous quote, that the arc of the moral universe bends toward justice. So if you're deemed to be on “the wrong side of history” by the liberal left, then you're by extension viewed as a moral deviant on the same level of the Southern pro-secessionist fire-eaters during the Civil War and the defenders of Jim Crow in the 1960s. Case in point: upon passage of his health care law, Obama said, “Tonight, we answered the call of history.” But when Republicans tried to point out the glaring flaws of Obamacare, Democratic Senator Harry Reid criticized them for not “joining us on the right side of history” and even went so far as to compare them to defenders of slavery. Yes, because daring to disagree with a healthcare plan based on incompetent legislation and poor financial policies is clearly equivalent to saying that it's probably okay to own fellow human beings as chattel.

As a result this kind of hubris, the left wields History as a weapon and uses it as an excuse to constantly pat themselves on the back. But this perspective is shortsighted at best and downright dangerous at worst, and there is a downside in the accompanying sense of smug inevitability that such a viewpoint tends to instill in its adherents.

For you on the left, History is not a vast, unpredictable, untamable force. You see it almost as a person, as someone who might be standing next to you in line at the gas station or the grocery store. You see History as the chairman of the board at Planned Parenthood. In your eyes, history has a lifetime subscription to news outlets like The Huffington Post and The Daily Kos. It follows Ana Kasparian and Lena Dunham on Twitter. It truly cares about whether transgender or gay people are allowed to use the appropriate bathroom. In fact, our dear friend History was probably hanging out at the Javits Center on election night, and like many of Clinton's supporters gathered there, it probably collapsed into a quivering puddle of tears right around the time Wisconsin flipped from blue to red and Hillary's vaunted "blue wall" of electoral votes came crashing down."