magisme

US Politics, Culture and Society

10 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

Yeah we like to laugh at how shitty the rest of the world is. Instead of looking in the mirror.

Obama is who you wanted to be. Trump is who you really are! 

10 hours ago, Facekicker said:

America is just living in a completely different reality to the rest of the world. 

Everything being told to you by your media and your politicians is a lie.

I really don't think that's much different than the rest of the world. I only speak English, but I've read Canadian and British media and they're just as fucked, if not worse. We're just huge and powerful vs. their weak and pathetic, so it seems worse.

19 minutes ago, magisme said:

I really don't think that's much different than the rest of the world. I only speak English, but I've read Canadian and British media and they're just as fucked, if not worse. We're just huge and powerful vs. their weak and pathetic, so it seems worse.

I can't speak for Canada because I like to pretend it doesn't exist but the British situation I can definitely speak about. 

Britain is trotting right after the US. You are not wrong there. Brits themselves are utterly deluded, they act and behave as if the British Empire is still a thing. Brexit has really exposed the sham that is democracy over there. 

The media situation over there is bad and getting worse. The Salisbury poisoning case with that spy Sergei Skripal really exposed the rampant propaganda in the British media, especially from the BBC. It was "muh Russians" 24/7 

The only difference is that you still have "some" voices of reason left but yeah...dwindling rapidly. 

I can speak for Canada and it's not true. So look at when that fucker shot up Ottawa. Our media just stuck to the facts. If it had been american it would of been conjecture.

Now our universities have a major issue in the social studies. That's what gave rise to Jordan Peterson (who's awesome btw) 

Up until Don cherry CBC has been pretty good. The last year a lot of these twenty year d sjw types have been popping up in our media. The CBC coverage of cherry being fired was retarded but that's the first time it's been stupid. Canadians reacted by starting a petition ( which never work) and lasft time I checked it was at 200,000 which was a week ago. 

Canadians will not put up with bullshit, kind of like how Germans won't put up with it. 

Britain is deluded ,always has been. They have been the states bitch since Hitler stole their lunch money and big bad amerikkka had to come save the day (we helped btw so eat it)

I highly highly recommend watching this joe Rogan podcast. If you're confussed as to why the media is as fucked as it is this guy simplifies it beautifully and helped me look at it in a new way. This podcast was the ah ha moment for me and my wife (she's a film PhD) 

1 minute ago, magisme said:

Random visit to the front page of CBC has a story about how Disney+ racism warnings don't go far enough.

Yeah, it's been the last year CBC has been really down. In Toronto the star is left wing and the sun is right wing. Globe and mail has been a disaster for a while. CBC has been going down slowly since the whole jian gomeshi shit

@JeanGenie

Please weigh in on how cucked German media is.

I don't view the media there but I know a huge uprising has accured because of the middle East men hurting woman and the media is calling them alt right. Please show me as the only coverage on those issues I've seen is from RT which can't be 100 percent trusted

I'm not sure how it's different in the US then. You guys act like we all just blindly believe the mainstream news. We invented the term "fake news", homie.

I'm not sure how it's different in the US then. You guys act like we all just blindly believe the mainstream news. We invented the term "fake news", homie.

I have the Canadian handicap. I think Trump made up fake news. He was at least the first person to make the news lose their mind for using it. " You're fake news" makes me crack up Everytime. Trump's troll game is master level

27 minutes ago, Repo Man said:

I highly highly recommend watching this joe Rogan podcast. If you're confussed as to why the media is as fucked as it is this guy simplifies it beautifully and helped me look at it in a new way. This podcast was the ah ha moment for me and my wife (she's a film PhD) 

Hung out with him recently, his new book Hate Inc is brilliant 

12 minutes ago, Facekicker said:

Hung out with him recently, his new book Hate Inc is brilliant 

Nice, I just ordered his book. He really helped me realize wtf is going on. Is he a cool guy in real life?

25 minutes ago, Repo Man said:

Nice, I just ordered his book. He really helped me realize wtf is going on. Is he a cool guy in real life?

He's exactly like he appears on Rogan. You know the way some public figures are totally different in private, not Matt, he's just a regular bloke. Very generous and down to earth. Funny too. 

23 minutes ago, Facekicker said:

He's exactly like he appears on Rogan. You know the way some public figures are totally different in private, not Matt, he's just a regular bloke. Very generous and down to earth. Funny too. 

That's nice to hear. I've met a bunch of famous people. The two nicest to me were Jonathan Davis and Marilyn Manson (mansons guitarist Zim was fucking my sister so that probably had something to do with it ha!)

He seems genuine on the show. I will say this he helped me see things different so I'm thankful to him. If you see him again tell him he helped a guy sort things out and he says thanks!

People don't like the truth. Especially so-called "liberals"

In regards to Manson, not surprised. Guy is legit from what I've heard. 

He married Dita Von Teese not far from where I live. He was friends with Hunter S. Thompson too. Hunter's nickname for him was shiteyes. Manson thought it was hilarious. 

Hunter sent him a great letter and finished it with something like - "Beware the flagsuckers for they will eat your heart but not your brain for it is unclean." 

They used to have conversations on the phone at 4am. 

20 hours ago, magisme said:

@JeanGenie

Please weigh in on how cucked German media is.

Cucked in every way possible. Since the brexit and Trumps election german media is constantly triggered. German media views germany as the developed world. Since you guys voted for Trump you are out. Its ridiculous.      

Now they force climate change down our throats 24/7. We're basicly dying or killing our children because we eat meat drive cars and fly to distant countries.  Im not denying climate change but germanys CO2 emissions are less than 2% of all emitted CO2 in the world so give me a fucking break.  I could go on forever.