magisme

US Politics, Culture and Society

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

17289660-7353967-image-a-26_156581843782

We know who borrowed it from, now under what circumstances did he wear it, well gotta use your imagination 

17288038-7353967-Inspiration_The_dress_i

12 minutes ago, uruguns said:

We know who borrowed it from, now under what circumstances did he wear it, well gotta use your imagination 

I'd rather not.

16 hours ago, uruguns said:

giphy.gif

Is anybody else completely sickened at the "recession hoax" being promoted by the left wing media right now in a feeble attempt to get President Trump voted out of office? 

Yes.  I'm sick of all of it.  I'm sick of all the petty whiny fucking bullshit on every platform of media telling us Orange Man Bad.

God.   I really am sick of it.    Sick of it all......

Sick of it all.

The media reaction is so outsized now compared to what is actually going on in America. Imagine what the George W. Bush Years would have been like if we all had iPhones. We are living in a 2019 version of the movie Network.

Everyone stop whatever the fuck you're doing and go watch Network.

I'd never seen the whole thing...I was only aware of the "I'm mad as hell" part....but I watched it last year, and it was so overwhelmingly fucking amazing, I actually watched it again right away, something I almost never do with movies anymore.  Mostly cause movies are shit now, but this one really proves they don't make them like they used to.

First of all, there's the obvious satire/commentary on the media and the human condition which is more apt today than when it was filmed.  The scene in the boardroom with Ned Beatty is legendary.  The second thing I liked is the love story.  I'm an old man now.  I can't relate to movies about young people falling in love.  But experiencing Max's passionate affair with a woman twenty years his junior, something I'd probably roll my eyes at ten years ago, was suddenly enthralling to me.  I admired his confidence and masculinity.  It truly is something from a bygone era.  Nowadays "men" grew up being taught that Ross from “Friends” is how we're supposed to act.  I wish I'd known when I was younger to not emulate that.  Max doesn't run away from aging.  He accepts it.  He's cool and smart as a whip.  He doesn't beg her to take him back.  He sees that it's over and he leaves, even when she asked him not to.  He also says a line that I loved so much I wrote it down:  “Why is it that a woman always thinks that the most savage thing she can say to a man is to impugn his cocksmanship?” Amazing dialogue in this movie.  Man, Faye Dunaway was so freaking hot.

Trump is going to buy Greenland and put an end to the climate change hoax, the recession hoax and the ball earth hoax all in one go.

Edited by Dr. Strangelove

When y'all get bored, go read about the cat bragging to have hacked buttplugs....He actually gave a speech on it at the Def Con hackers convention last Sunday........

Bloody hell

During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks.

• Asked how the briefer reacted, the source recalled he said something to the effect of, "Sir, we'll look into that."

:rofl-lol:

That would be gnarly. I could see Trump launching a nuke if one of these Hurricanes threatens Mar-a-lago. It is about fucking time we fight back against nature. Floating cities to foil earthquakes? 

KFC-Reveals-New-Plant-Based-Beyond-Fried

first they came for the guns

then they came for the bbqs

in 10 years only the elite will be able to afford meat

everyone else will live on bugs and lab-grown soy "meat"

enjoy your future

Edited by Dr. Strangelove

12 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

KFC-Reveals-New-Plant-Based-Beyond-Fried

first they came for the guns

then they came for the bbqs

in 10 years only the elite will be able to afford meat

everyone else will live on bugs and lab-grown soy "meat"

enjoy your future

I really look forward to trying the impossible whopper, only available in the US

It got impressive consumer reviews

Edited by uruguns