magisme

US Politics, Culture and Society

On 6/29/2019 at 1:15 AM, Donald Trump said:

It is going to end up being Bernie vs. Buttigeig. 

Bernie doesn’t seem to care so Buttigeig v Trump. 

Alec Baldwin should do his Trump impression on the campaign trail. 

Buttigieg seems to have Kennedy connections so...

MAD Magazine to cease publication

"MAD struggled with finding an identity in an increasingly satire-saturated world.

Between websites that can deliver topical comedy in real time and a fiercely divided American populace who cannot agree on what comedy is because their preferences break down along party lines, MAD struggled to find an elusive niche.

When political humor seemed to work, MAD doubled down on lampooning the Trump administration, which earned some critical praise but likely alienated conservative readers as well as putting the magazine in direct competitions with late night shows that were delivering content nightly rather than once every two months."

Sad. The end of an era. MAD has been published since 1952. What a difficult time for print media. 

why don't they just start a Mad website and switch over to a digital format? get with the times. remember MadTV? neither do i.

if their only attempt at survival was "make fun of drumf more" i doubt they deserve to continue

when i was a kid the only part of mad magazine i enjoyed was the foldy page

I got one issue of MAD magazine when I was like 10. I thought I'd be the edgiest 10 y/o on the playground.

It was shit and I never got another.

2 hours ago, Alex Trebek said:

why don't they just start a Mad website and switch over to a digital format? get with the times. remember MadTV? neither do i.

if their only attempt at survival was "make fun of drumf more" i doubt they deserve to continue

when i was a kid the only part of mad magazine i enjoyed was the foldy page

MadTV was pretty good but the whole formula of a weekly show is over after Netflix. Honestly a lot of funny content but never a bid audience. I never had time for it.

Cracked was their biggest competitor in print. They adapted to digital pretty well and I'm even surprised to see them still around. They could have done something.

The foldy page was awesome for me as a kid. We had one copy we hid from our parents.

I loved MAD magazine.

The TV show was great in it's early years with Will Sasso, Aries Spears etc but the animated version was dire.

I watched some of this parade, what was so dystopian about it? I saw people waving, some floats, a gay float, and marching bands playing Stars and Stripes Forever.

5 hours ago, bran said:

I watched some of this parade, what was so dystopian about it? I saw people waving, some floats, a gay float, and marching bands playing Stars and Stripes Forever.

You fucking fascist.

54 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Goddam baseball sucks. How can anybody watch this shit?

Add steroids to it and report back.

On 7/1/2019 at 8:23 AM, Donald Trump said:

If the democrats were serious about winning they would run a comedian against Trump.

Jerry Seinfeld.