magisme

US Politics, Culture and Society

There will be war before the election. Seeing as the US borrows money from China to buy cheap Chinese goods. The new rulers are China. US is also wasting a ton of money on the fake wars. Welcome to Chimerica. 

On 5/9/2019 at 5:21 PM, magisme said:

Hunter Biden and Hallie Biden

Imagine ass-raping the memory of your dead brain cancer brother for this. Then imagine the type of father that could have raised such a champ.

Looks like a crackhead Jonah Hill.

12 hours ago, Damn_Smooth said:

I'm around. Watching the empire collapse in on itself as all empires do and hoping I'm around to see what sort of master the retarded sheeple choose for themselves in the aftermath. Can't rule themselves because stupid.

Do you think you can ever connect back to society once you break on through to the other side? 

32 minutes ago, wasted said:

Do you think you can ever connect back to society once you break on through to the other side? 

What are you talking about? I wish more than anything that I could disconnect from society. Fucking morons are going to drag me down with them.

2 hours ago, Damn_Smooth said:

What are you talking about? I wish more than anything that I could disconnect from society. Fucking morons are going to drag me down with them.

I mean mentally. I know you still need peanut butter. But is there a kind of way to fit in with life if you have a certain take on things. I guess not. I mean some anarchist groups are pretty chill. There’s still a frustration but it’s not out rejection of everyday people. Because they aren’t the problem. 

I got this fortune cookie once, I opened it and it said “You better forget your sorrow and just enjoy your life”

I put it my wallet and continued to be miserable but you know I keep it mind. Hence why I’m in Carl’s Jr trying kill myself with saturated fat and coke zero. 

5 hours ago, wasted said:

I mean mentally. I know you still need peanut butter. But is there a kind of way to fit in with life if you have a certain take on things. I guess not. I mean some anarchist groups are pretty chill. There’s still a frustration but it’s not out rejection of everyday people. Because they aren’t the problem. 

I got this fortune cookie once, I opened it and it said “You better forget your sorrow and just enjoy your life”

I put it my wallet and continued to be miserable but you know I keep it mind. Hence why I’m in Carl’s Jr trying kill myself with saturated fat and coke zero. 

I've never had the desire, so I haven't given it much thought. I'd say watch the mainstream media, but they've created armies of almost half aware zombies that recognize whatever bad shit their opposing team is doing. They're still completely oblivious to whatever their team is doing though. Would that be any better? Go to church and pray to Jesus maybe? The church still seems to have full control over their zombies. Not even pedophilia wavers their loyalty. Probably be your best bet. 

55 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

I've never had the desire, so I haven't given it much thought. I'd say watch the mainstream media, but they've created armies of almost half aware zombies that recognize whatever bad shit their opposing team is doing. They're still completely oblivious to whatever their team is doing though. Would that be any better? Go to church and pray to Jesus maybe? The church still seems to have full control over their zombies. Not even pedophilia wavers their loyalty. Probably be your best bet. 

I think having my head up my ass most of my life was a good move. I’m so used to not knowing what is going on, I’m designed to just live, subsist, fail. 

I think you can pick and choose. Maybe it’s like a rolling delusion though. I suppose you can rationalize anything. 

So you don’t think you can move to New Hampshire or just befriend some libertarian reddit? 

It’s all hopeless really. In Post Hope we trust. 

17 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think having my head up my ass most of my life was a good move. I’m so used to not knowing what is going on, I’m designed to just live, subsist, fail. 

I think you can pick and choose. Maybe it’s like a rolling delusion though. I suppose you can rationalize anything. 

So you don’t think you can move to New Hampshire or just befriend some libertarian reddit? 

“The insanity intensifies until the rational mind prevails.”

There has to be an end somewhere.

Just now, Damn_Smooth said:

“The insanity intensifies until the rational mind prevails.”

There has to be an end somewhere.

Not in this lifetime.

And not even in the history of World star hip hop.

It’s all theoretical to me. 

I almost want to see a nuke drop. Just to see a nuke drop. Let’s make history people. 

36 minutes ago, wasted said:

Pardon the intrusive question, but are you wealthy? I often imagine you as an eccentric rich guy.

17 minutes ago, magisme said:

Pardon the intrusive question, but are you wealthy? I often imagine you as an eccentric rich guy.

It’s like a fatalistic irony. I make rent not bank. 

7 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

I feel your pain.

I don’t know. It’s like Heat. I can walk away in 5 seconds. I saw this place for 300 with wifi. There’s motels for 150. 

31 minutes ago, wasted said:

I don’t know. It’s like Heat. I can walk away in 5 seconds. I saw this place for 300 with wifi. There’s motels for 150. 

Where are you?

2 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

Where are you?

Shanghai. I saw this place for 3000rmb. But motels are 150rmb a day. Gin is cheap. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

So you don’t think you can move to New Hampshire 

New Hampshire is crazy expensive all the smart folks and people who work in Boston moved there 20 years ago or I would’ve moved there basically 

New Hampshire is where all the Massachusetts rebuplicans and libertarians moved to.

9 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

New Hampshire is crazy expensive all the smart folks and people who work in Boston moved there 20 years ago or I would’ve moved there basically 

New Hampshire is where all the Massachusetts rebuplicans and libertarians moved to.

I just heard about the free state project and thought that would be more likeminded people at least but if it’s impossible to live there. I guess it’s head into the mountains. 

So I was down for a couple weeks with a terrible ear infection that made my jaw hurt so bad I had to take a painkiller just to eat ravioli or pudding, which were some of the only things I could eat for a few days because anything else was either too much or I couldn't keep it down. Took awhile but I'm finally better. I see that while I was sick two more people jumped into the race, Steve Bullock and de Blasio. Dunno Bullock's odds (apparently he's seen a bit more favorably than the other slew of generic middle aged no names?) but this de Blasio seems to be absolutely loathed. I even remember seeing an article a few weeks before he started his run saying that his inner circle was begging him to stay out of the race. I'd say it's an odd move running, but in a field so crowded I think it doesn't matter much. Don't know much about that guy specifically, but I've long held the belief that some of these folks are running just to boost their name recognition so they can run for some other office... Or so they can have some of those sweet sweet campaign bucks.

You would think that would be it, and I hope it is, but apparently there are still a couple thinking on it. One's some no name rich guy, who will announce July 4th, and the other is that Abrams lady, who will announce by September. I'd like to say they're not gonna run, but so far a good bit of my predictions have been off, so it wouldn't be surprising to see the clown car grow more, even after the debates begin. Wouldn't be the first time it happened (2008 for the Republicans is a good example, think 2012 had a few as well), though it is slightly unusual. What's real weird is, that Abrams lady passed on a potentially winnable senate race, as did O'Rourke (though it loses the "potentially winnable" factor by virtue of him being a possible nominee), Bullock and Hickenlooper, and probably a couple others. I'm gonna guess they're using this to boost recognition and then run? But then again that kinda makes sense and this is the Democratic party we're talking about.

Took a quick glance at this table on Wikipedia which says who qualifies for the debates (which I'm taking with a grain of salt because, well, Wikipedia, but the source checks out it seems). Looks like exactly twenty people are qualifying for the first two debates, so that's neat. I can see Bennet qualifying for the next one, but I doubt Messam or Moulton will unless they start making some noise. Gravel could, but I highly doubt it, since most people aren't even acknowledging he's in the race, although he's got around 40,000 donors even without a real media presence, so who knows.

Gotta love how it's basically shaping up to be Sanders vs. Biden right now. The identity politics party is likely going to be represented by the very thing they claim to hate: an old white dude. The question remains, which will it be, the old Jew or the old Catholic? A question for the ages. That's of course assuming their campaigns aren't sunk, which I doubt they will be. Biden seems to be the chosen one so no matter how much of a gaffe machine he is I'm sure the media will cover his ass much as they can, and Bernie is the only candidate of the progressive wing that doesn't have the personality of a wet paper sack. But what the hell do I know, a lot of my predictions have been wrong so far, it's a weird election year.

Oh well, gonna be fun to see the debates soon. Glad to see Yang met both thresholds, I imagine he'll be that candidate who sticks around for a very long time, maybe even the whole race. There's gonna be a lot of craziness in these debates man, I can't wait. I was depressed that this is what politics has become for awhile, but now I'm just gonna enjoy the ride. Might as well, we're fucked no matter who wins, because at the end of the day they're all the same. There is one politician with a million voices, who have all convinced their followers that the other side is the most evil thing to ever exist, while they're the most pure form of truth and righteousness. Even though they do the exact same stuff but just dress it up a different way, if they even bother to do that anymore.

What’s Tulsi Gabbard’s flaw? 

She seems stronger than Bernie or Biden. She has some kind of point of view. It seems like she’s half Trump, half Bernie. End the wars, here’s some free stuff. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

What’s Tulsi Gabbard’s flaw? 

She seems stronger than Bernie or Biden. She has some kind of point of view. It seems like she’s half Trump, half Bernie. End the wars, here’s some free stuff.

Doesn't a not insignificant portion of the progressive base consider her a warmonger, or is that in the past now? Haven't been paying much attention to her candidacy since I didn't expect her to get far, especially with the two "leaders" of the progressives in the race. Name recognition might also a problem for her, but, well, that's kinda how most candidates start out when they run for this office, now that I think of it. Sort of what the debates are for. Might have to look a little more into her candidacy.

She served in Iraq and has come out against the wars. She wants to avoid war in Iran. That’s a popular stance. So if she shows the Rust Belt the money she could be viable. 

1 hour ago, Alex Trebek said:

the two attack points i've seen against her are the fact that she sat down with assad and some homophobia scandal from a decade ago

Trump kind of supports Assad in the same way. 

Trump always has an advantage of being business oriented, even if the economy is fake people like his work hard thing. But would the Rust belt just take 1,000 dollars a month after not getting much from Trump.