magisme

US Politics, Culture and Society

:facepalm: Let the Saudi’s and Israil deal with Iran. For fuck sake we didn’t invade in 1979 when we should have , so why do it now ?

On 4/28/2019 at 1:01 AM, bran said:

Democrats- Trump is crazy and unfit for office.

Also Democrats- Yes mass murderers should be able to vote.

They are so unaware of the irony it's delicious.

I'm actually for felons being able to vote after serving out their sentence, but while in prison? I dunno, sounds like a bad idea to me. Then again, pretty much anything politicians get done is a bad idea, so it'll prolly end up happening at some point. The main thing I have against it isn't the type of person who would be voting (some folks in prison really don't deserve to be there, for one), but the fact that it would be so much easier for someone to skew the results. Of course, that happens anyways, but still, we shouldn't make their acts of fraud any easier to commit. Honestly though, at this point I'm kinda of the mindset that if someone really thinks their vote means anything (I hate to say it, I really do, but it usually doesn't), go ahead and let them vote, it probably won't make a difference anyways. So yeah, screw it, lets let prisoners vote.

Heck, why not let apes in zoos vote, they gotta be smarter than some folks who turn out. And uh, that all of them voted for the zookeepers choice is just a coincidence, we swear. Hah, now I'm imagining a skit where an ape is trying to sign to someone that their ballot didn't get cast for who they wanted. "What? No, that gorilla isn't signing that they wanted to cast a vote for that other person. That's not sign language, he's just trying to get someone to look at him."

Reading about all these elections has made me very cynical about the whole process. For years I actually looked forward to voting for the first time but by the time I was old enough to, I had read enough to make me realize it usually didn't matter. It'll either be a huge landslide for one candidate all because of what party they're in, not the candidate themselves, or it will be close and usually come down to whichever campaign is better at cheating and skewing the results in their favor. Plus all the people who vote just to be voting, without doing any sort of research into the candidate. They're voting for who their pastor told them to vote for, or their boss, or their favorite celebrity, or just because of what letter they have next to their name, or whatever. And they're doing that because they're taught that they need to vote, but don't have the time or care enough to research the candidates, so it gets cast for whoever with no true regard. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and simply a cynic, but everything I've read and experienced has made me very jaded.

I think everyone oughta be able to vote, but that doesn't mean they SHOULD vote, if that makes sense. Like, I wish it wasn't so ingrained in our culture that you have to turn out, even if you don't really know who/what you're voting for. It would be great if we were taught to do our research on the candidates before we vote, or heck, if we lived in a society where voting was looked down upon and seen as something just for "political nerds." That way we could keep the uninformed folks who don't even wanna be informed out of the process without truly excluding them in case they decide to get informed and be part of the process. Also, we really need to get rid of this whole "sport team" mentality that comes with the election season. It's probably one of the most destructive parts of the process. But then, in any of those scenarios, it wouldn't be so easy to manipulate the will of the people, would it?

4 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

They are so unaware of the irony it's delicious.

I'm actually for felons being able to vote after serving out their sentence, but while in prison? I dunno, sounds like a bad idea to me. Then again, pretty much anything politicians get done is a bad idea, so it'll prolly end up happening at some point. The main thing I have against it isn't the type of person who would be voting (some folks in prison really don't deserve to be there, for one), but the fact that it would be so much easier for someone to skew the results. Of course, that happens anyways, but still, we shouldn't make their acts of fraud any easier to commit. Honestly though, at this point I'm kinda of the mindset that if someone really thinks their vote means anything (I hate to say it, I really do, but it usually doesn't), go ahead and let them vote, it probably won't make a difference anyways. So yeah, screw it, lets let prisoners vote.

Heck, why not let apes in zoos vote, they gotta be smarter than some folks who turn out. And uh, that all of them voted for the zookeepers choice is just a coincidence, we swear. Hah, now I'm imagining a skit where an ape is trying to sign to someone that their ballot didn't get cast for who they wanted. "What? No, that gorilla isn't signing that they wanted to cast a vote for that other person. That's not sign language, he's just trying to get someone to look at him."

Reading about all these elections has made me very cynical about the whole process. For years I actually looked forward to voting for the first time but by the time I was old enough to, I had read enough to make me realize it usually didn't matter. It'll either be a huge landslide for one candidate all because of what party they're in, not the candidate themselves, or it will be close and usually come down to whichever campaign is better at cheating and skewing the results in their favor. Plus all the people who vote just to be voting, without doing any sort of research into the candidate. They're voting for who their pastor told them to vote for, or their boss, or their favorite celebrity, or just because of what letter they have next to their name, or whatever. And they're doing that because they're taught that they need to vote, but don't have the time or care enough to research the candidates, so it gets cast for whoever with no true regard. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and simply a cynic, but everything I've read and experienced has made me very jaded.

I think everyone oughta be able to vote, but that doesn't mean they SHOULD vote, if that makes sense. Like, I wish it wasn't so ingrained in our culture that you have to turn out, even if you don't really know who/what you're voting for. It would be great if we were taught to do our research on the candidates before we vote, or heck, if we lived in a society where voting was looked down upon and seen as something just for "political nerds." That way we could keep the uninformed folks who don't even wanna be informed out of the process without truly excluding them in case they decide to get informed and be part of the process. Also, we really need to get rid of this whole "sport team" mentality that comes with the election season. It's probably one of the most destructive parts of the process. But then, in any of those scenarios, it wouldn't be so easy to manipulate the will of the people, would it?

At least in the US even though voting is basically just agreeing to the war economy you can have a good life. Maybe the voting process is more of a safety net for anything really really bad happening to your self interest. If Trump tries to turn the White House into a golf course congress will find some supreme court judge to take him down. If the Dems wants to turn California into South America people will temper that by voting Trump. 

In the context of that it’s kind of okay to not know anything and vote or for people in prison to vote. People seem to be good with the wars, bank bailouts, gov spending, narional debt etc. They are willing to roll the dice. And they like to have personalties based on immigration, abortion, trans rights and yell at each other on social media. 

What people don’t like is someone taking a shot at the system like Alex Jones. And in some ways that makes sense. To shake up the war economy etc would cut into people’s lifestyles, threaten their families well being. 

It is strange to see life change like Facebook and social media break through and they want to be regulated by the government. Big gov and big business go hand in hand. But then if people don’t like that they will find some new way to high five. If that grows it will get sucked into the system too. 

The only problem is if you have some deeply held moral beliefs about what is going on. Whether it’s stopping Trump or being anti-war most of us put a cold beer and hand job above that in our life.   So we have to deal with that. That’s why free speech is so important, we aren’t going to do much but can we at least bitch about our opinions openly? 

Yeah, for all my moaning and whining about politics, I have to agree life here is pretty good for the simple fact that I actually can moan and whine about politics. I do wish that voting was taken more seriously though, and that there was a bit more integrity in the process. But, gotta look at the bright side of it I suppose. There is a some more integrity than their used to be (which is kind of a scary thought) and people can be more easily informed now, even if a lot choose not to be. Still a lot of problems, but they can't all be winners I guess.

3 hours ago, wasted said:

Whether it’s stopping Trump or being anti-war most of us put a cold beer and hand job above that in our life.  

I don't want a cold hand job.

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I don't want a cold hand job.

Beggars can’t be choosers. 

3 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Yeah, for all my moaning and whining about politics, I have to agree life here is pretty good for the simple fact that I actually can moan and whine about politics. I do wish that voting was taken more seriously though, and that there was a bit more integrity in the process. But, gotta look at the bright side of it I suppose. There is a some more integrity than their used to be (which is kind of a scary thought) and people can be more easily informed now, even if a lot choose not to be. Still a lot of problems, but they can't all be winners I guess.

It does seem like a bit of dead end, this whole voting thing. You can get into these really complicated discussions or whatever but in the end you realize it all adds up to the same thing. I wonder if when they rule the entire world, they won’t know what to do. 

How have they manoeuvred Trump from his Bannon ideology to basically war with Iran and Venezuela? Was he bought and sold from the get go or has he slowly been broken or did Comey bribe him? Here’s what’s going to happen, Don. You get to say whatever you want, make yourself look good but we’re going to be over here doing X. You don’t need to know. He shows him a couple of pics. Trump nods and looks at his fingernails. 

Edited by wasted

Of course he was bought and paid for.  They all are.  The people that own the politicians know what they hell they're doing.

You know we're fucked.  We're nothing.  We're less than nothing.  Nothing we do or say or think matters.

Voting for President is no different than rooting for one team over the other in the Super Bowl.  But it gives the masses that illusion that they have a say in things.  That they "matter."   What a waste of time bickering about something that will never, ever change.

Politics is Sports.  It's entertainment.  It's pro-wrestling for nerds.

Possibly but look at Germany. It went one way for a while, but now they are soild. Kind of, apart from the speedo moustache combo. Maybe that’s more a polish thing. It can make a difference, nobody wants what is happening mostly. Maybe only the US has this problem of it not mattering. 

But yeah it’s fake. But is that built into it. Like if you want to work at a job you know what to do. Or is it really much more contrived or planned out.

Like the deep state, Obama and the club go to Trump and ask him to run a campaign. It will work like this. It just seems too chaotic for that. The thing that is real is the fight to win. But once you get in they hand you a file and  all your dreams are over.

Just like any job you can do a few things but when you get fired the company keeps going with someone else. 

So it's fake but is it formica or a hologram and is the fake inevitable or can we not kill 250 million people every century. What’s the plan guys? VR, cloning, let’s go! We’ve been hanging around eating trans fat throwing chemical weapons at kids for decades now. 

Edited by wasted

No Elephant Donkey Collusion.

Alien replicants is a metaphor for hyper rich sociopathic winners. Trump and Obama riding speedboats in Monaco. 

1 hour ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

So is he Uncle Joe or Uncle Tom?

Obama makes 400k giving speeches to Wall Street so I think Uncle Bucks is my final answer. Obama wearing Joe Biden’s skin, In Bucks We Trust. 

6 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

http://pagesix.com/2019/04/30/hunter-biden-splits-from-brother-beaus-widow-hallie/amp/

So the Biden campaign must think it wouldn’t have played well in the heartland.

Hunter Biden and Hallie Biden

Imagine ass-raping the memory of your dead brain cancer brother for this. Then imagine the type of father that could have raised such a champ.

How much more degenerate can you get? Like, if his other son was single and the widow got together that would be fine, a bit odd but fine, but to support him leaving his wife for his other son's widow? What do you wanna bet they were getting it on before Beau was even cold, and Joe was giving the thumbs up to that too. Oh well. All this does is reaffirm the notion that Biden is and always will be a gaffe machine incapable of keeping his foot out of his mouth, even when he's not running for office, even in his personal life.

I look forward to watching his campaign crash and burn. Don't know if it'll be during the primaries or during the general, but it will. He's got a lot of momentum right now but all that means is that the trainwreck will be even more glorious to see. And maybe, just maybe, enough to eject his family and legacy from playing an active part in politics for a good while.

The more I get to know Joe the worse he gets. He also was responsible for the War on Drugs. 

But, Free Stuff goes a long way. 

Overall they will probably be dragged into a brawl with Trump and lose. Which is always fun to watch. They will probably let Trump win so he doesn’t start his own TV Station. Trump News Network. TNN would be huge problem. 

Edited by wasted

48 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Trump is going to win. The Democrats don't have a candidate yet, and they should by now. 

Hillary is going to try. It wil be a late fake punt kind of play. 

Edited by wasted

21 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Where are you @Damn_Smooth?

I miss your constant contempt for humanity. 

I'm around. Watching the empire collapse in on itself as all empires do and hoping I'm around to see what sort of master the retarded sheeple choose for themselves in the aftermath. Can't rule themselves because stupid.