magisme

US Politics, Culture and Society

I wish people would take the time it takes to copy and past something on twitter, to fact check it. I fucking hate the internet sometimes.

22 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

Why do I think 21 year old Elizabeth Warren would be a great fuck:gunsguy:

Because you're a depraved human being.

I can't believe after that forced, ridiculous, apology, that she still declared.

Are the Dem primaries gonna be a bigger clusterfuck than '16? Jesus, Trump's got this this shit locked. I almost can't wait.

3 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

AOC will make a great sheepdog candidate in a decade or two

I both welcome it, to see her moronic ass talk like the hot girl at a party that you want to fuck that you pretend is smart, and fear it, because who the shit knows how this country might sway randomly?

So let me see if I got this right.

A white kid does nothing more than smirk after an old Indian guy runs up to him and bangs a drum in his face, and it becomes a major headline as celebrities and liberals condemn the kid and his school.

And when five kids (ages 12-13-14-15-16 of whom 3 are girls) murder a semi-famous white country musician while trying to steal his car, it's a non-story as there's hardly a mention of it anywhere.

ny-1549643080-59ykd1eepg-snap-image

What a fucked up country this has become.

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence?

11 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

it's a non-story as there's hardly a mention of it anywhere.

Wow! How did you hear about it?

1 hour ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

A white kid does nothing more than smirk after an old Indian guy runs up to him and bangs a drum in his face, and it becomes a major headline as celebrities and liberals condemn the kid and his school.

And when five kids (ages 12-13-14-15-16 of whom 3 are girls) murder a semi-famous white country musician while trying to steal his car, it's a non-story as there's hardly a mention of it anywhere.

I just did a google news search for this and you're right. It's mostly local news with a couple national publications peppered in with short pieces.

I guess it would be a bigger story if one of the kids recorded it on his cell phone. People don't want to read about shit, they want the youtube hyperlink.

5 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

I hate to say it, but that happens all the time. 

If that situation had been reversed the headline would have read “Mob of white teenagers kill black singer.”

Hell, the first story I read about that didn’t even show the mug shots of fhe older kids. 

If a headline reads “Grandma raped by her Uber driver” then you automatically know that she was white and the driver was black. 

Skin color is usually only mentioned if the bad guys were white. 

AND the so-called smirk of fhe one white kid wasn’t even a smirk. He said he was trying to keep a smile on his face to help diffuse the situation and keep everybody calm. 

6 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

"semi-famous" is an overstatement, they're a pop rock band from nashville whose highest played song on spotify has 11,000 plays (1/10th of the average mclusky song)

the white equivalent of a soundcloud rapper

I just think a group of kids murder-carjacking a guy is noteworthy. Maybe I'm wrong (I don't pay attention anymore), but I don't think this is a common thing in the US yet. Plus, the media is in the fear business, and evil kids are scary as shit. Easy clickbait. Why pass up the opportunity if not for race issues? Serious question, no trolling, no homo.

For real, this isn't a common occurrence in Shitmerica, is it?

57 minutes ago, magisme said:

I just think a group of kids murder-carjacking a guy is noteworthy. Maybe I'm wrong (I don't pay attention anymore), but I don't think this is a common thing in the US yet. Plus, the media is in the fear business, and evil kids are scary as shit. Easy clickbait. Why pass up the opportunity if not for race issues? Serious question, no trolling, no homo.

For real, this isn't a common occurrence in Shitmerica, is it?

Not when they are as young as 12 and 13, and not when they are girls. This should be a major, major story as nobody would think a 12-year-old girl would be involved in something like this.

And yeah I mistakenly believed the lead singer/songwriter was bigger than he actually is, probably because I had read the band was releasing an album next month.

2 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

She apologized 

God fucking damnit

What's that saying about those whom you aren't allowed to criticize?