magisme

US Politics, Culture and Society

8 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

NSA Report of Russian hacking effort days before the election

So many words and all that’s provided is a bunch of “coulds”, “may haves” and “potentiallys”

“Anonymous source” is, apparently, one Reality Leigh Winner, arrested and charged under the Espionage Act

The Emperor can do no wrong. You are verging on heresy. Obey thine Golden God, peasant. Kneel before Trump.

3 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

NSA Report of Russian hacking effort days before the election

So many words and all that’s provided is a bunch of “coulds”, “may haves” and “potentiallys”

“Anonymous source” is, apparently, one Reality Leigh Winner, arrested and charged under the Espionage Act

RUSSIAN MILITARY INTELLIGENCE executed a cyberattack on at least one U.S. voting software supplier and sent spear-phishing emails to more than 100 local election officials just days before last November’s presidential election, according to a highly classified intelligence report obtained by The Intercept.

The top-secret National Security Agency document, which was provided anonymously to The Intercept and independently authenticated, analyzes intelligence very recently acquired by the agency about a months-long Russian intelligence cyber effort against elements of the U.S. election and voting infrastructure. The report, dated May 5, 2017, is the most detailed U.S. government account of Russian interference in the election that has yet come to light.

While the document provides a rare window into the NSA’s understanding of the mechanics of Russian hacking, it does not show the underlying “raw” intelligence on which the analysis is based. A U.S. intelligence officer who declined to be identified cautioned against drawing too big a conclusion from the document because a single analysis is not necessarily definitive.

So the NSA, providing no supporting evidence whatsoever, gave The Intercept, an outlet despised by the intelligence community, a piece of paper that says Russia hacked some stuff. Sure. Just give me a sec while I tell my yellowcake dealer in Niger that I'll be late for our meeting.

2 hours ago, magisme said:

Holy shit:lol:

For what it's worth, the intercept article only shows how Obama is a sore loser: he met with Putin and told him to stop:smugpepe:

Just now, bacardimayne said:

Comey is doing a great job, keep him!

Comey cost Hillary the presidency, fire him!

Comey is right to stand up against Trump, keep him!

Comey must be working with Russia and Trump, fire him!

Hi.....

3 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

70y68q32aa2z.png

That is a good question :lol:

So basically the dossier stuff is fake, Trump wasn't under investigation and nowhere did Comey say he felt pressured to stop the investigation. So what is the point of all this again?

So basically, Trump never asked Comey to stop the investigation, No one in the Trump administration told him to stop stop the investigation, Comey can't say if it was obstruction of justice for Trump to ask if there was a way to let the Flynn situation go, not a single vote in the 2016 election was compromised by Russia. Steele Dossier can't be discussed in an open session.

30 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So John McCain has altzheimers then. 

I had no clue what the fuck he was trying to say :lol:

So what I'm seeing is that the Comey testimony amounted to Jack Diddly shit except John McCain blubbering like a stroke victim, and downzy and Georgy are still gonna be like 

pumped_kid.gif

7 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

So what I'm seeing is that the Comey testimony amounted to Jack Diddly shit except John McCain blubbering like a stroke victim, and downzy and Georgy are still gonna be like 

pumped_kid.gif

--Comey: “When I was appointed FBI director in 2013, I understood that I served at the pleasure of the president. Even though I was appointed to a ten-year term, which Congress created in order to underscore the importance of the FBI being outside of politics and independent, I understood that I could be fired by a president for any reason or for no reason at all. And on May the 9th when I learned I had been fired, for that reason, I came home as a private citizen, But then the explanations, the shifting explanations, confused me and increasingly concerned me. They confused me because the president and I had had multiple conversations about my job, both before and after he took office. And he had repeatedly told me I was doing a great job and he hoped I would stay.”

--Comey has proven to be devoted to the institution of the FBI, demonstrating behavior to defend its integrity in multiple instances under multiple administrations

--“The administration… chose to defame me and more importantly the FBI by saying that the organization was in disarray. That it was poorly led. That the workforce had lost confidence in its leader. Those were lies, plain and simple.”

--“The FBI is honest. The FBI is strong. The FBI will remain independent.“

--Mike Flynn is under criminal investigation. I think this is the first time anyone in a position of power has officially acknowledged and confirmed this statement

--Literally all of his Russia statements:

“Do you have any doubt at all that Russia interfered in the 2016 election?” “None. There is no doubt.”

“Do you have any doubt that the Russian government was behind the intrusions in the DNC and DCCC systems and the subsequent leaks of that information?” “No.”

“Do you have any doubt that the Russian government was behind the cyber intrusion in the state voter files?” “No.”

“Do you have any doubt that officials of the Russian government were fully aware of these activities?” “No.”

Like yikes y’all

--"He’s looking to get something in exchange for me keeping my job”

--Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch’s tarmac meeting triggered a serious discussion on the perceived independence of the email investigation and was one of the main reasons Comey chose to make the infamous June announcement clearing her alone without informing the Justice Department

--Lynch wanted the Clinton investigation to be called a “matter” and not an “investigation”, and that bothered Comey

--Comey straight up called Trump a liar and said that “due to the nature of his character,” he felt the need to document the exact nature of each meeting with Trump because he thought that Trump “might lie and misrepresent the nature of the meeting”, something he “did not feel the need to do with either President Bush or President Obama"

--“the problem with classified information is that the people reporting on it often don’t know what’s going on, and the people who know what’s going on can’t talk about it. And we can’t call the press to say ‘Hey you’ve got it wrong’, so we just have to let it sit”

--“Why do you believe you were fired?” “I take the president at the word that I was fired for the Russia investigation”

--“I saw the tweet about tapes. Lordy I hope there are tapes” LMAO

Second Hour:

--"When it comes to the President, I took it as direction.” [while explaining what he thought about Trump trying to tell him to let the Flynn investigation go]

--Comey described himself as “cowardly” and “wished he were a little stronger” in trying to tell Trump to fuck off and leave him alone

Q: Did you tell POTUS that’s not appropriate?

A: I didn’t, no.

Q: Why?

A: I don’t know. The circumstances were such that I was a bit stunned, didn’t have the presence of mind, and I don’t want to sound like Captain Courageous I don’t know if I would have said it with the confidence.

“That’s a great question. Maybe if I were stronger, I would have. I was so stunned by the conversation that I just took it in and the only thing I could think to say, because I was playing in my mind - because I’ve got to remember every word he said - I was playing in my mind, “What should my response be?” And that’s why I very carefully chose the words. And look, I’ve seen the tweet about tapes. Lordy, I hope there are tapes. I remember saying “I agree he’s a good guy,” as a way of saying “I’m not agreeing with what you just asked me to do.”

--PENCE KNEW ABOUT FLYNN! AND HE LIED ABOUT NOT KNOWING!

--Basically, Flynn didn’t lie to Pence. Pence lied to everyone else

--“Was the President under investigation when he dismissed you on May 9th?” “No.”

--GOP senators in general be like, “Why didn't you just tell your boss you were married and his advances were unwarranted and wrong?”

--Also “You should have explained politics to the president”

--“There should be no fuzz on this. The Russians interfered with our election. It was a hostile act by the Russian government. That happened. It’s as un-fake as you can possibly get.” Our election was 100% compromised by the Russian government, guys (Holy shit)

--Paraphrasing: “Did the President seem concerned about Russia interfering in the election?” “Nope” :))))))

--“Why would you kick the Attorney General and the Chief of Staff out to talk to me if it was about something else?”

--Comey is tearing Trump apart bit by bit tbh

--Senator: “Nobody’s been prosecuted under the Logan Act in over 200 years.” Me: There’s always a first time

--Comey confirmed that he gave his friend information about the Flynn conversation to leak to the media because he thought it was important for Americans to know

--“The Russian investigation is not a Democrat or a Republican thing. It’s an American thing. The Russians don’t care who’s in the Oval Office. They will be back.”

--“When the president says ‘I hope’…do you take that as a directive?”“Yes. It rings in my ears as kind of 'will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest’.” LIKE HE BROUGHT UP THOMAS BECKETT AND HENRY II IN A SENATE HEARING ABOUT TRUMP’S ATTEMPT AT COERCION WHAT A HERO

--First confirmation I’ve heard of that the Clinton email investigation was a criminal investigation

--Also first confirmation I’ve heard about Loretta Lynch essentially colluding with the Clinton campaign to make the email investigation seem less serious than it was

--Comey: “The President knows if he taped me or not. My feelings aren’t hurt, release all the tapes.”

--Sessions may have committed obstruction of justice

--“Do you believe Donald Trump colluded with Russia?” “I can’t answer that in an open session, but I think the investigation will answer that.”

Third Hour:

--From the 538 liveblog of the hearing: “When someone asks, “Do you think the president colluded with Russia?” and the answer is anything other than “no,” that’s not the most normal moment in American politics.”

--Kamala Harris is the bomb, honestly: "If a thief comes up to me and asks 'I ‘hope’ you’ll give me your wallet,” I’m giving him my wallet.“

--On the Clinton investigation: “I considered whether I should call for the appointment of a special counsel and decided that that would be an unfair thing to do because I knew there was no case there. We had investigated very, very thoroughly. I know this is a subject of passionate disagreement. But I knew there was no case there. Calling for the appointment of special counsel would be brutally unfair as it would send the message ‘ aha, there’s something here.’ Lots of people have different views but that’s how I thought.”

--Emails are clearly more important than a compromised government to the GOP

--“And at the end of all of this, you were fired without explanation.” “Well there was an explanation, I just don’t buy it.”

--Comey: "I believe I was fired to change the nature of the Russian investigation/to change the way the Russian investigation was being conducted. That is a very big deal.”

--“I’m not going to sit here and try to interpret the president’s tweets.”

--John McCain apparently can’t understand that the Clinton Email Investigation and the Russian Interference Investigation are two completely different and separate investigations

AND THAT’S THE END OF THE PUBLIC HEARING GUYS! There's a classified/closed hearing at 1 pm so Comey can answer classified/sensitive questions, but unless there's leaks coming out of that meeting, that's all we're going to hear about today.

Comey repeatedly stated under oath that Trump is a liar. Confirmed memo, confirmed Trump asked him to let go of the investigation (obstruction of justice). Believes he was fired over the Russia investigation ("Because the President said so"). Intelligence community is in unanimous agreement that Russia interfered in the election. I'm hearing that Sessions was not included in this because he'll be discussed in a closed session. Comey indicated that, to their understanding, Pence knew Flynn was compromised.

On 6/8/2017 at 10:46 PM, AxlisOld said:

He admitted Trump is a liar? That's illegal isn't it?! IMPEACH!!!

Is there anything Trump could do you would be willing to condemn, or do you like the taste of tanned penis that much?

House and Senate investigators fired off a series of requests after former FBI Director James Comey's testimony, seeking memos of his private discussions with President Donald Trump and any records the White House kept of their discussion.

The leaders of the House Russia investigation, Reps. Michael Conaway, a Texas Republican, and Adam Schiff, a California Democrat, sent a request Friday directly to Comey for copies of his memos. They sent a separate request to Trump's White House counsel, Don McGahn, for any record the White House had of their meetings.

The House requested Comey and the White House provide the records, including tapes if they exist, by June 23.

The Senate judiciary committee, meanwhile, sent a request to Columbia University law professor Daniel Richman for Comey's memos. Richman confirmed Thursday that he was the friend Comey testified who had discussed the memos with the press.

15 minutes ago, Miser said:

Is there anything Trump could do you would be willing to condemn, or do you like the taste of tanned penis that much?

I don't condone anything. What I do condemn is dipshits who scream "IMPEACH" at every action he does. IE, you. Dipshit.

On 6/7/2017 at 0:18 PM, Miser said:

I just hate you and if I can paint you in the worst possible light, I will. I also don't believe a single word you say, to be honest. You don't care about anyone. Just yourself. 

On 6/7/2017 at 0:26 PM, Miser said:

Not even genuinely sure to be honest. Hard keeping track nowadays. It just sucks we can't get along. 

Why...why don't we get along? Dipshit.

2 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

I don't condone anything. What I do condemn is dipshits who scream "IMPEACH" at every action he does. IE, you. Dipshit.

Why...why don't we get along? Dipshit.

It just feels like you circle the wagons for the guy and I don't understand it. Yeah, he's a great symbol against SJWs. There are others, who are better. You used to be an old fashioned Conservative, were you not? Trump isn't.

I don't scream impeach at every action he does. I do think the guy doesn't know what he's doing and probably bumbled into Obstruction of Justice. He thinks he can run the Presidency like one of his businesses where you tell everyone what to do, and it is done because you're the CEO, and it isn't. You don't direct the Director of the FBI to make an ongoing investigation go away and then fire the guy when he doesn't do it. That's not how politics works. That's violating the law. Trump thinks guys like Comey are his actual subordinates in the way a department head of a company would be. 

That's my issue with Trump. He's very incompetent. And the ideas he has are usually not good ones. Privatizing Air Traffic Control, for example, isn't a good idea. The whole reason the FTA was put in place was because without oversight you were having plane crashes left and right. Charging stores which accept food stamps a tax is not only going to hurt the genuinely poor, but will also hurt businesses large and small because they will lose business, pure and simple. The guy thought the job was going to be easy, like a company, where he could just say 'do this' and it would be done. He doesn't seem to want to learn more about the process either.

This is not to say Hillary would've done a better job. She may be more experienced, but she stands for many things I oppose which is why I voted for Trump in the first place. 

I can respect political figures I disagree with. Ronald Reagan, though I disagreed with his policies, at least understood the gravity and almost sacred nature and wealth of history and symbolism of the Office he inhabited for eight years. He understood our Constitutional process, and respected it. Trump doesn't have any of that in him. Bush II may have been easily mislead, but his intentions, I feel, were good ones. Trumps I feel come from a place of absolute selfishness.

Why I attack you and others I perceive to be Trump supporters is because I have seen a mindset that Trump is above other Presidents, that he should be allowed more leeway or to get away with things simply because he pisses off SJWs. That to me represents a threat to the Republic.

So, sorry if I'm harsh toward you. It's just you're hard to read. You often come off like one of the Trump Cultists.