Jump to content
magisme

US Politics, Culture and Society

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

So let me see if I got this right.

 

A white kid does nothing more than smirk after an old Indian guy runs up to him and bangs a drum in his face, and it becomes a major headline as celebrities and liberals condemn the kid and his school.

 

And when five kids (ages 12-13-14-15-16 of whom 3 are girls) murder a semi-famous white country musician while trying to steal his car, it's a non-story as there's hardly a mention of it anywhere.

 

ny-1549643080-59ykd1eepg-snap-image

 

 

What a fucked up country this has become.



 

 

 

I just did a google news search for this and you're right. It's mostly local news with a couple national publications peppered in with short pieces.

 

I guess it would be a bigger story if one of the kids recorded it on his cell phone. People don't want to read about shit, they want the youtube hyperlink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

So let me see if I got this right.

 

A white kid does nothing more than smirk after an old Indian guy runs up to him and bangs a drum in his face, and it becomes a major headline as celebrities and liberals condemn the kid and his school.

 

And when five kids (ages 12-13-14-15-16 of whom 3 are girls) murder a semi-famous white country musician while trying to steal his car, it's a non-story as there's hardly a mention of it anywhere.

 

ny-1549643080-59ykd1eepg-snap-image

 

 

What a fucked up country this has become.



 

 

 

I hate to say it, but that happens all the time. 

 

If that situation had been reversed the headline would have read “Mob of white teenagers kill black singer.”

 

Hell, the first story I read about that didn’t even show the mug shots of fhe older kids. 

 

If a headline reads “Grandma raped by her Uber driver” then you automatically know that she was white and the driver was black. 

 

Skin color is usually only mentioned if the bad guys were white. 

 

*****

 

AND the so-called smirk of fhe one white kid wasn’t even a smirk. He said he was trying to keep a smile on his face to help diffuse the situation and keep everybody calm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"semi-famous" is an overstatement, they're a pop rock band from nashville whose highest played song on spotify has 11,000 plays (1/10th of the average mclusky song)

 

the white equivalent of a soundcloud rapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

"semi-famous" is an overstatement, they're a pop rock band from nashville whose highest played song on spotify has 11,000 plays (1/10th of the average mclusky song)

 

the white equivalent of a soundcloud rapper

I just think a group of kids murder-carjacking a guy is noteworthy. Maybe I'm wrong (I don't pay attention anymore), but I don't think this is a common thing in the US yet. Plus, the media is in the fear business, and evil kids are scary as shit. Easy clickbait. Why pass up the opportunity if not for race issues? Serious question, no trolling, no homo.

 

For real, this isn't a common occurrence in Shitmerica, is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no it's definitely noteworthy as any murder that isn't over gang bullshit is, i'm just disputing the idea that this was some famous musician when there are probably regular posters on mygnr with more spotify plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, magisme said:

The over/under is Tyler Drama. How do they stack up?

i could only find one song of his but it has 12,000 plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, magisme said:

I just think a group of kids murder-carjacking a guy is noteworthy. Maybe I'm wrong (I don't pay attention anymore), but I don't think this is a common thing in the US yet. Plus, the media is in the fear business, and evil kids are scary as shit. Easy clickbait. Why pass up the opportunity if not for race issues? Serious question, no trolling, no homo.

 

For real, this isn't a common occurrence in Shitmerica, is it?

Not when they are as young as 12 and 13, and not when they are girls. This should be a major, major story as nobody would think a 12-year-old girl would be involved in something like this.

 

And yeah I mistakenly believed the lead singer/songwriter was bigger than he actually is, probably because I had read the band was releasing an album next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

She apologized 

 

God fucking damnit

What's that saying about those whom you aren't allowed to criticize?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't like tekashi at all but i can't help but feel that his career/life was sabotaged by people who didn't like that he got famous without a major label backing him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Me neither, really. 

 

I saw a photo of him though and he looks like a wanker.

Still made it without (((their))) help and got put away for life because of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, magisme said:

How does that work though? Isn't that fat shaming?

It's okay to fat shame and discrimate against straight white males. Libtard 101.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×