John Bonham

Mad max fury road

Will absolutely go see this! I love the original trilogy, yes, I even enjoyed thunder dome which is crap but who cares? The reviews for fury road are so overwhelmingly positive, I'm afraid I'm totally buying all the hype and will actually make a rare trek to the theater to see this one on the big screen.

Have any of you kids watched it on your phone yet?

i agree with you, i too for whatever reason like thunder dome as well. im trying to temper my hype for this but the trailers and the reviews make it hard. im going to go see it this weekend.

Thunder Dome had some great imagery and ideas, but the story and follow-through was lacking something.  Still some great fuckin scenes.

My inclination was to hate on the new one because I thought it would be hampered by CGI-laden cartoon video game special effects.  But if the story is there, and the acting's good, then I can tolerate the fact they didn't use practical effects.  Whatshisface is a good actor too, so that bodes well for it.  

Thunder Dome had some great imagery and ideas, but the story and follow-through was lacking something. Still some great fuckin scenes.

My inclination was to hate on the new one because I thought it would be hampered by CGI-laden cartoon video game special effects. But if the story is there, and the acting's good, then I can tolerate the fact they didn't use practical effects. Whatshisface is a good actor too, so that bodes well for it.

You do know that they made a big deal of not using CGI for this don't you?

Thunder Dome had some great imagery and ideas, but the story and follow-through was lacking something. Still some great fuckin scenes.

My inclination was to hate on the new one because I thought it would be hampered by CGI-laden cartoon video game special effects. But if the story is there, and the acting's good, then I can tolerate the fact they didn't use practical effects. Whatshisface is a good actor too, so that bodes well for it.

You do know that they made a big deal of not using CGI for this don't you?

I did not know that.  I try to avoid any information whatsoever on movies I'm interested in.  But hey, good to know.  Again, bodes well.