John Bonham

What does it mean to "start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard"

On 2/6/2015 at 11:29 AM, John Bonham said:

I for one, expect Axl never to reference this comment again, and file it under "lay some tracks on Facebook," and "ready for something you haven't had yet."

Means they will decide if they want to release an album in 5 years time.

And then it will take 2 more years for a tentative release date to be announced, and then 3 more years for the album to be released, with a proper and especially delicious fucked Mix. ?

YOU HAVE ANOTHER BAND, BUT AXL DOESN'T. SHOULD WE ASSUME THAT MEANS YOU WILL BE RECORDING NEW GN'R MUSIC TOGETHER?

We'll see what happens. It's really early to tell what we're going to do with Guns N' Roses and new material. We want to do something. We've been on the road this entire time. We have another leg coming up in November in Southeast Asia, Dubai and South Africa.

Then we're going to start looking at what the next step is going to be.

ab9e9eee3b272bde9c52818c193f6d9a.jpg

It’s pretty crazy when you think about it....I remember hearing that it CD was finally going to be released. Hard to believe we’re pushing 10 years. Definitely anticlimactic. 

1 hour ago, Trin9498 said:

It’s pretty crazy when you think about it....I remember hearing that it CD was finally going to be released. Hard to believe we’re pushing 10 years. Definitely anticlimactic. 

To put it in persective, there's a 10 year old kid somewhere out there in the world that was born on November 23rd 2008 , who is considered a boy genius and knows 32 foreign languages, can recite the quran back to front and is only 2 years away from being accepted as a nasa candidate to head up their race to orbit the moon, to try and beat Elon at his own game.

Meanwhile, Axl is sitting on recorded music 10 years before this boy was even a twinkle in his dads eye and has done jack shit since. Let that sink in.

Edited by GNS

Over the next 12 months, the band apparently recorded 30 songs for the album, continually reworking them. Tracks recorded were said to include ‘Prostitute’, ‘Cock-a-roach soup’, ‘This I love’, ‘Suckerpunched’, ‘No love remains’, ‘Friend or foe’, ‘Zip it’, ‘Something always’, ‘Hearts get killed’ and ‘Closing in on you’.

Depending on who you believe, they veered from techno-industrial rock to old-style Guns sleaze. Matt Sorum revealed Axl’s love of samples and loops; contrarily, Chris Vrenna stated: « I have a feeling it’s gonna be more like Appetite, than anyone is expecting. »

When the Sex Pistols were rehearsing for their 1996 reunion tour, Pistols mainman John Lydon claimed to have heard « some folky nonsense » emanating from the next room, only to discover it was actually Axl and co hard at work. Basket player-turned-rapper Shaquille O’Neal supposedly appears on one track, after befriending Axl while recording in the same studio.

Interestingly, sources even suggested that the album already had a title - possibly ‘Cockroach soup’ or, more realistically, ‘2000 intentions’. And then....nothing.

August 1999, and there is still no sign of a new Guns N’ Roses album. The band’s record company, the Polygram / Universal group, say that they have tentatively scheduled its release for the end of this year, although sources admit that it has been on the schedules several times before and the band have consistently failed to meet deadlines.

Speculation has mounted that Rose has forced the band to re-record the entire album three times, and that the process has already cost more than a million dollars. One certainty is that Robin Finck has left the band and returned to Nine Inch Nails. The guitarist had signed a contract to join GN’R for two years; when it expired earlier this month, he had done nothing other than record guitar parts that have yet to see the light of day.

However, earlier this month, the rumour mill sprang into action once more regarding a ‘new’ GN’R song. The closing credits of the Adam Sandler movie ‘Big daddy’ features Guns classic ‘Sweet child o’mine’. Halfway through, it segues into what appears to be a completely different version of the same song with Axl’s original vocals over the top. The most common theory is that the latter was recorded by the most recent line-up, although no one seems to be able to confirm or deny that fact. Moby has added further fuel to the fire, claiming that there is a completed version of the album and suggesting that Axl should simply release it immediately, regardless of circumstances.

Whether that happens or not is in the hands of Axl Rose. Hidden away in his Latigo Canyon retreat, he’s fully aware of the pressure to deliver something truly spectacular - something that will return GN’R to their position as the biggest band on the planet. The last six years have offered only rumour, gossip and hearsay, both about the band and Axl himself. Some of it is feasible, some is downright ludicrous. But separating truth from fiction is only one part of the puzzle. The big question is : what will Axl Rose do next? And at the moment, there’s only one man who can answer that....

These songs are 20+ years old now

Guns N' Roses are clearly the most retarded and uncreative band in the universe. Why am I still a fan of these useless dickheads? They are repulsively shit, yet I cannot look away.

19 hours ago, downwithhope said:

Guns N' Roses are clearly the most retarded and uncreative band in the universe. Why am I still a fan of these useless dickheads? They are repulsively shit, yet I cannot look away.

Yep. I barely listen to GNR these days, don't consider myself a fan anymore. But this forum is fun.

13 hours ago, MillerGNR said:

Yep. I barely listen to GNR these days, don't consider myself a fan anymore. But this forum is fun.

I still used to dial up the KOHD from Nakano Sunplaza '88 pretty regularly, until fatty and pizzaface had it taken down

On 3/11/2019 at 6:58 PM, downwithhope said:

You've got used to the smell of shit.

On 3/11/2019 at 8:58 PM, downwithhope said:

What do you think It would take to make Axl change his mind and decide to share his music with the fans?

Was the semi-reunion a good thing? It brought Slash and Duff back, who like to release music. And maybe they can influence Axl. Or was it a bad thing as Axl made a hundred million dollars and how doesn’t have to take any risks. 

All I can say is I hope to the Salami Gods that the vocals aren't going to be redone.  He's shot to shit.

Edited by Salsh Borski

1 minute ago, Salsh Borski said:

All I can say is I hope to the Salami Gods that the vocals aren't going to be redone.  He's shot to shit.

I like the Rock the rock vocals