Being sober sucks.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:30 PM, Donald Trump said:

Not exactly sure where Arnold is at in the game? Should he have been on prescription drugs in the first place or is he a victim of the system? 

Nah man. I need something.

I have no hobbies or interests besides sex, food and booze. If none of those needs are met I have no interest in peeling myself out of bed. Pretty sure that's not normal. Been this way for at least ten years. Don't give a shit about anything.

But yes there are kids prescribed Xanax and Adderall who have no business being on those drugs.  

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations. Crack open the champagne 

Twenty days without alcohol. 

Yeah it's a lot easier to not feel anything than deal with stuff. Why do you think alcohol is so fucking popular?

Posted Images

On 2/22/2021 at 3:47 AM, arnold layne said:

Nah man. I need something.

I have no hobbies or interests besides sex, food and booze. If none of those needs are met I have no interest in peeling myself out of bed. Pretty sure that's not normal. Been this way for at least ten years. Don't give a shit about anything.

But yes there are kids prescribed Xanax and Adderall who have no business being on those drugs.  

Then let me introduce you to Airfix?

I made a King Tiger!

On 2/20/2021 at 10:01 AM, arnold layne said:

Exactly my problem. But how could weed 'turn down the voices in my head'?

If anything weed makes that worse. 

I hear ya. Weed can amplify that shit and turn you into an overthinking mess, which will ramp up anxiety.

But I don’t really want to stop smoking weed. It all depends on the state of mind at the time. As an example, last week I had a strong disagreement with someone. Hours later, at home, I smoked up and could feel the anxiety, overanalyzing that argument and a sense of guilt kicked in: I had overreacted and the way I behaved wasn’t cool or fair to the other person. The next day I apologized and made amends.

It’s shit, because it wasn’t a fun way to learn what I had to learn. Strong weed isn’t that different from paychedelics in that regard: it will reflect your state of mind right back at you, and when you’re messed up inside, it’s not a good sight, it’s not a fun time, but that’s just a bit of pain to put up with in order to learn. Even the most awful bad trips will have a reward at the end if you get yourself to do something about it.

That being said, it’s just how I deal with it, but I get it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

I hope you find the motivation to plow through. A change of perspective might help. Maybe spend more time with your kid and during that time, try to see the world through his eyes.

I can’t deal with booze anymore. I started drinking young and the whole purpose was to get fucked up. I can’t deal with hangovers anymore, plus there are very few drinks that I actually enjoy.

I’m glad I had my fun with the bottle when I did. Now I drink 3-5 glasses of wine a year and a cold beer on a hot humid summer day and that’s it. I don’t enjoy the feeling of being drunk, it makes me sick, and hangovers mess me up for a whole day.

We are polar opposites. I use alcohol as the opposite reason as to why, as you mention, I don't smoke weed. I don't want to think about anything. My mind is a toxic, negative hellscape. Alcohol turns that shit off. 

But here I am back on the Zoloft AGAIN. It's only a matter of time before I quit the meds and start drinking again. Same shit every time. 

Zoloft is some hard-core shit. It's only Day 1, but colors are brighter, my anxiety is a little higher, but my negative thoughts are away. Kind of weird. I also feel like a zombie. And my brain feels like rubber. 

I'll probably freak out in a few days because I'm fucked up. 

42 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I honestly feel better than I have in years. If I stop taking these things, come over and kick my ass.

Is there a leveling off or tolerance to it or side effects or anything? Why isn’t everyone on it?

17 minutes ago, wasted said:

Is there a leveling off or tolerance to it or side effects or anything? Why isn’t everyone on it?

Sertraline (zoloft) is a very popular anti-depressant. Yes, you can build a tolerance. Side effects... I’ve had many friends on it, and they say the main drawback is the low libido / inability to cum.

It must be like fluoxetine (prozac), which used to be widely prescribed. It looks like they tackle more or less the same issues, so maybe the difference is in the side effects.

And everyone is on it because we live fucked up lives in a fucked up system. The rats race is no joke my friend.

4 hours ago, arnold layne said:

We are polar opposites. I use alcohol as the opposite reason as to why, as you mention, I don't smoke weed. I don't want to think about anything. My mind is a toxic, negative hellscape. Alcohol turns that shit off. 

But here I am back on the Zoloft AGAIN. It's only a matter of time before I quit the meds and start drinking again. Same shit every time. 

Zoloft is some hard-core shit. It's only Day 1, but colors are brighter, my anxiety is a little higher, but my negative thoughts are away. Kind of weird. I also feel like a zombie. And my brain feels like rubber. 

I'll probably freak out in a few days because I'm fucked up. 

I know what you mean, my mind has some areas that i dread, but I guess I’ve come to accept that it’s not gonna go away and at this point there’s nothing that will make it go away and I’ve learned to distance myself from my thoughts by being rational. It’s still a struggle though.

Honestly, microdosing with mush is the one thing that has really helped me. I feel so clear-headed, no racing thoughts, no anxiety, no cravings, just very in the moment, nicely energized (not over the top, just more motivated and positive) and more social. I couldn’t deal with the antidepressants mostly because of the typical “oh i feel good now, don’t need this shit anymore” and the feeling of apathy, like emotionally numb... it just didn’t feel right. This was with prozac, many years ago.

5 hours ago, Tremolo said:

Sertraline (zoloft) is a very popular anti-depressant. Yes, you can build a tolerance. Side effects... I’ve had many friends on it, and they say the main drawback is the low libido / inability to cum.

It must be like fluoxetine (prozac), which used to be widely prescribed. It looks like they tackle more or less the same issues, so maybe the difference is in the side effects.

And everyone is on it because we live fucked up lives in a fucked up system. The rats race is no joke my friend.

Are they for people who are doing stuff or people who can’t get it together to leave their house? 

I’ve always operated under the idea that it’s not my world I just live here. Everything is temporary. 

6 hours ago, wasted said:

Are they for people who are doing stuff or people who can’t get it together to leave their house? 

I’ve always operated under the idea that it’s not my world I just live here. Everything is temporary. 

It depends on the dosage. Lower doses work to treat anxiety, OCD, etc. Higher doses are used to treat severe depression of people who just can’t function.

It’s just a ride, it will only last so long. Everything is temporary, it applies to everything, that’s the nature of things.

7 hours ago, Tremolo said:

It depends on the dosage. Lower doses work to treat anxiety, OCD, etc. Higher doses are used to treat severe depression of people who just can’t function.

It’s just a ride, it will only last so long. Everything is temporary, it applies to everything, that’s the nature of things.

I'm on Day 2 now. 

Definitely feel like I'm on something. Never took MDMA but from what I have read about it it's like MDMA without the high.