• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations. Crack open the champagne 

Twenty days without alcohol. 

Yeah it's a lot easier to not feel anything than deal with stuff. Why do you think alcohol is so fucking popular?

Posted Images

On 1/10/2015 at 8:12 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

I guess we are sober together now et.

Went to the doctor and he said I need to quit drinking for good. Same shit as every doctor. Wrote a script for mood enhancers and told me to see him in three weeks. No alcohol allowed. Difference is he stressed no alcohol. The other docs said I should slow down because the meds aren't as effective when you drink, but this guy gave me the ultimatum. Either quit drinking and take the meds or be depressed and anxious for the rest of my life. 

Like you, I wouldn't consider myself an alcoholic. I don't need to drink every day. I have gone many days without drinking. In fact I haven't really been drunk in years. I am a social drinker, minus the social part. 

I owe it to myself to try again though. This past year has been horrible. I could sleep all day easily. If my wife said she was going out of town I wouldn't leave the bed. 

So on to the happy pills I go. My kid deserves a more present dad. I'm starting to be like my dad. I need to be in my kid's life more so he doesn't end up like me. 

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

Went to the doctor and he said I need to quit drinking for good. Same shit as every doctor. Wrote a script for mood enhancers and told me to see him in three weeks. No alcohol allowed. Difference is he stressed no alcohol. The other docs said I should slow down because the meds aren't as effective when you drink, but this guy gave me the ultimatum. Either quit drinking and take the meds or be depressed and anxious for the rest of my life. 

Like you, I wouldn't consider myself an alcoholic. I don't need to drink every day. I have gone many days without drinking. In fact I haven't really been drunk in years. I am a social drinker, minus the social part. 

I owe it to myself to try again though. This past year has been horrible. I could sleep all day easily. If my wife said she was going out of town I wouldn't leave the bed. 

So on to the happy pills I go. My kid deserves a more present dad. I'm starting to be like my dad. I need to be in my kid's life more so he doesn't end up like me. 

Hang in there, pal. I've been on Lexapro for years. Was reticent to take it at first but within a week or so I did start to feel better. Yeah, big pharma sucks balls but some of this shit does work in the right doses.

Keep at it, hope you feel much better soon sir.

THC capsules and coffee are a good combo. 

11 minutes ago, philip k. DickhEAD said:

Hang in there, pal. I've been on Lexapro for years. Was reticent to take it at first but within a week or so I did start to feel better. Yeah, big pharma sucks balls but some of this shit does work in the right doses.

Keep at it, hope you feel much better soon sir.

Thank you for your support!

7 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

THC capsules and coffee are a good combo. 

Fuck that. I'm never touching weed again. I quit!

23 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Thank you for your support!

Fuck that. I'm never touching weed again. I quit!

Did you have a bad experience on weed? I quit drinking almost 6 years ago and I don’t miss it at all. Weed is so much easier on the system and you don’t have to worry about blacking out. 

1 hour ago, AxlisOld said:

Don't be one of the "but weed cures everything" crowd. Cartridges are helping me cut down, granted. It just doesn't work for some people.

I don’t think you can replace alcohol with another drug if alcohol turns down the voices inside your head. That is what it did for me. It was like taking a vacation from your mind. Overthinking and rumination would go out the window and you would be completely in the moment. But then your subconscious mind would start taking over and you would blackout. And then you would wake up the next morning and feel guilty about something you couldn’t remember. Eventually you start getting hangovers that go beyond a day and then at that point it is best to quit because you are now playing a losing game.

Not exactly sure where Arnold is at in the game? Should he have been on prescription drugs in the first place or is he a victim of the system? It is tough to say. Multiple generations of kids are now addicted to prescription drugs because going to school became really fucking hard to do after the internet was introduced. It was the final blow to our attention spans. And it is one that we have yet to recover from.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:28 PM, Bill brasky said:

Lol sobriety 

Sobriety is the condition of not having any measurable levels or effects from alcohol or other drugs. Sobriety is also considered to be the natural state of a human being given at a birth. I’ll be sober when I’n dead. 

9 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I don’t think you can replace alcohol with another drug if alcohol turns down the voices inside your head.

Exactly my problem. But how could weed 'turn down the voices in my head'?

If anything weed makes that worse. 

Exactly my problem. But how could weed 'turn down the voices in my head'?

If anything weed makes that worse. 

I replaced alcohol more with exercise than weed. Being active and smoking weed is a lot different than lying on the couch and smoking weed although, lying on the couch and smoking weed is pretty fucking awesome. When you are stoned you pick up on more subtleties in movies and music than you do when you are sober. All I am trying to say in my convoluted way is that a mix of exercise and weed is a good replacement for alcohol. Exercise calms the mind; weed enhances pleasurable activities and makes monotonous ones less monotonous.

The medical definition of alcoholism is ridiculous in the United States.

By their standards, 99% of people who drink are alcoholics. Doctors may as well start another teetotaler movement. 

Turn this country back to Mayberry. 

The medical definition of alcoholism is ridiculous in the United States.

By their standards, 99% of people who drink are alcoholics. Doctors may as well start another teetotaler movement. 

Turn this country back to Mayberry. 

Yeah it's pretty retarded. I think it's kinda like driving 5 over the limit. You'll never get called in it unless they need a reason.

I always have weed, but I dont smoke everyday.

Until .... recently I started smoking all morning, day and night.

I have been baked to a crisp

all this last month.:lol:

I think I have watched every movie ever made