Sign in to follow this  
ManetsBR

Guns N' Roses to "lay some tracks" on Facebook

Honestly it surprises me that he hasnt already done it.. He's a man of tomorrow, always have been interested in new tendencies.. Could there be a legal issue preventing it ?

You've got the "man of tomorrow" part right, just the wrong context. I think he's got a "meh, I'll get to it tomorrow" attitude and tomorrow never comes . . .

Axl should think of releasing under a self-made label, work his way around the bizz, release singular tracks.. !

Honestly it surprises me that he hasnt already done it.. He's a man of tomorrow, always have been interested in new tendencies.. Could there be a legal issue preventing it ?

Hope we'll get new material just as much as the next guy.. He should just start spitting shit out...! Perhaps he hasn't given up on a reunion and is saving the tracks for that !?!?

As far as we know, anything could be the case !!

An "Indie" Axl would be even more amateurish and unprofessional than what we have now. I imagine it would take Fernando ages to burn all those CD-Rs on his laptop :facepalm:

Axl should think of releasing under a self-made label, work his way around the bizz, release singular tracks.. !

Hope we'll get new material just as much as the next guy.. He should just start spitting shit out...! Perhaps he hasn't given up on a reunion and is saving the tracks for that !?!?

Axl and GN'R are still under contract with Universal. They CANNOT do what Radiohead, NIN and Smashing Pumpkins have done. They just cannot legally.

Ali

Axl and GN'R are still under contract with Universal. They CANNOT do what Radiohead, NIN and Smashing Pumpkins have done. They just cannot legally.

Ali

AliAliAliAliAliAliAliAliAli

AliAliAli

AliAli

AliAli

Ali

Ali

JB - What makes you think it would be amateurish ? Axl releases music in his own time, yes. But it seems widely accepted that the record company also had stalled it.. You all know it takes a freaking year to package, release, promote, choose sleeves and all that shit, before a release of that magnitude is ready.

Ali - They could do it under a different name - Like they did when they were first signed and continued to play clubs.

He should do that, release some experimental things or some, non-particular GNR songs. I think he would feel great not having the pressure of the name around, if only for a little while.

But Axl will never do it, I suppose. GNR is his baby, everything he does is GNR, he can and will not seperate himself from that. Not artistically or personally. I think Axl is afraid of doing just that actually. Paranoid about seperating himself, cause that MIGHT mean, he can't come back to it. Its a shame, like a self-made luxury prison.

I think he should do it. GNR is a too big and slow moving machine for this day and age.

Correction - He should do both.

How long does it take ?

As far as I understood, it did with the UYIs, also release date, pr and timing was heavily contemplated...

But that is a minor thing w. Reg. To the rest I wrote..

Rec. Companies are far from fast in that sense as far as I have learned...

How long does it take ?

As far as I understood, it did with the UYIs, also release date, pr and timing was heavily contemplated...

Well by all accounts they only finished those albums musically during the first leg of the 1991 tour, so being generous and suggesting it was one of the first shows, that would be June. The album was released only three months later in September.

Honestly...who thinks it takes a year to get art and packaging???

It might if you don't want to release your product, have screwed record labels for millions over 10(+) years and have a yoda sniffing places out...

They still have 18 days to lay some tracks :CoolFace:

377153_281845138528535_100001091524788_778333_1005626321_n.jpg

Axl Facepalm

Solid find...I wonder how many more times this will be used???

We still have a few concerts until the end of the year, I hope we can still use it a lot.

I mean, 17 days, enough days for DJ to give many stupid interviews.

I'm starting to think he does it for the lulz.

I despise the person who runs the GNR Twitter but I'm still happy they posted it. Do you guys think Axl authorized it?

Ali

I registered to reply to Ali's statement.

This is my reply:

Bullshit. They very well can do it. Axl and GNR are, as you said, under contract with UMG, but if he actually wanted to release new music he could release a live album, a covers album, a live dvd, a box set, a chi-dem sessions album, a b-sides album, a remix album or whatever the hell he wants just to fulfill his contract and start working on new music under his own terms. Unless GNR's contract is a one-of-a-kind thing, it's for X number of albums, and not for X years, so this is something he could VERY EASILY do. He just doesn't want to, otherwise he'd run out of excuses and people to blame for all the things he can't get done.

Honestly...who thinks it takes a year to get art and packaging???

It might if you don't want to release your product, have screwed record labels for millions over 10(+) years and have a yoda sniffing places out...

Just seesm like antoher in a long line of "forget how it is for every other band in the world, its different for us" type of things we are told to accept.

On 1/3/2011 at 1:30 PM, ManetsBR said:

Guns N' Roses tweeted and updated on Facebook:

Are all facebook pages so blue-blah - here's a 2011 resolution: lay some tracks on this page.

What that means? :fingers-crossed:

On 1/3/2011 at 1:30 PM, ManetsBR said:

Guns N' Roses tweeted and updated on Facebook:

Are all facebook pages so blue-blah - here's a 2011 resolution: lay some tracks on this page.

What that means? :fingers-crossed:

Rolling Stone

Guns N’ Roses May Put New Music on Facebook

A very ambiguous tweet on the Guns N’ Roses official Twitter account seems to suggest that the band may soon “lay some tracks” on their Facebook page at some point in 2011. Given GNR’s history of lateness, you probably shouldn’t hold your breath waiting for something to turn up — but it couldn’t hurt to friend them on Facebook just in case. [Guns N' Roses Twitter]

:rofl-lol:

Just another example of how the fans are fucked over by this band. Not only do we not get shit but the management fuckin taunts us with it 😂At least we get to spend our money on overpriced tat 👍

Edited by Auck