Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Thanksgiving gatherring for adopted strangers

The table is set, the drinks are chilled, there are pleasant aromas wafting through the message board...

In this thread we celebrate Thanksgiving together as a family. Everyone is here, even that creepy uncle. Cheers.

This is a family that accepts and supports each other. We've got each other's backs. I'm Grateful and Thankful for all my brothers and sisters here at the GNFR table. This thread is a toast to each and every one of us. A toast to EstrangedTWAT, a toast to Arnold layne. A toast to Broskirose.

Dig in!

tumblr_lkzw9jrhey1qgaz5ro1_500.jpg

Happy "thing" to you all.

I don't have a clue what's that celebration about ... is it something related to christmas?

It's

Happy "thing" to you all.

I don't have a clue what's that celebration about ... is it something related to christmas?

It's a harvest festival.

It's about being thankful for what you've got.

Being grateful for food and warmth and "family."

It's a holiday where we are so thankful for what we have, we eat until we're sick.

I, for one, will enjoy it.

It's a celebration of when we came over, slaughtered most of the indians, took their land and forced what was left of them to live on reservations. They taught us how to plant corn. We were thankful for that!

I can say this, my husband is a cherokee indian with a little apache thrown in for spice.  :lol:  

I saw Elton John and Billy Joel in concert. Just a few rows from the front. They were very good! Still, I prefer Paul McCartney. Of the three, Elton John. 

I should have made this five posts. :)

just got home from a 24 hour hospital stay---with no insurance, can't wait for the bill!!

anyway, unfortunately i can't spend thanksgiving with my family but one of my sisters is coming over later with all of the leftovers!

and that i'm thankful for!

Everything ok with you?

Yes :novembersnow:

I had some surgeries in January. This was a minor infection related to them. Clean bill of health!